Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Hello everyone!
    I`m having a problem with Risen, whenever I press the jump key (space) the character will only do the landing animation but not the jumping animation. I can climb ledges and other heights but i cant jump normally. I have tried reinstalling the game several times without patches or any mods but nothing seems to work, I also have reinstalled all my drivers among other games . I have finished the game before without this problem about a year ago with the same computer specs.I`m hoping for a solution since the problem will probably affect the boss fight a lot. The bug doesnt bother me much in the game except as an annoyance.

Thanks!
    Lester1996 ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Have you tried (for testing purposes) to assign “jump” to a different key? If you have an USB keyboard, remove all other USB peripherals that may be connected to that controller (even if they are powerless). If you can, try a different keyboard connection method like PS/2 (note that PS/2 does not support hot-plugging and should only be plugged and unplugged while the PC is off).

If none of that helps (which is likely but I’d like to make sure), please post the diagnostic files mentioned in the thread “READ THIS BEFORE POSTING”.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Hello!
    I tried the key switching method before but it doesnt help and for some reason the game doesnt recognize the ALT key which is the jumping key for Gothics.
    I recently played MK Komplete with a PS3 controller and the Motionjoy program, could it be the cause of this problem? I already uninstalled MK and Motionjoy, I also uninstalled the PS3 controller drivers.
    The DXdiag report is on the attached file and I couldnt attach the MSinfo file since it was too big.

Thanks!
    Angehängte Dateien
    Lester1996 ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

If the msinfo32.txt was too big, that in itself is already an alarming fact (because it contains an error log of your Windows and if that is so bloated, you usually have a problem). I’d really like to take a look at it. Try to compress the file as ZIP or 7Z and then upload it. That should work.

Other than that, I noticed that your graphics driver is slightly out of date (most recent version is 13.4 from May 2013). Try that one for a test. Also, check out this FAQ.
    foobar ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Here is the Msinfo file.
    Weird I have to newest version of CCC which is the 13.4, at least the program says that i have the newest version, I tried the 13.6 beta before but I removed to test if the problem was caused by it
    I also have set the 3D application settings to "use application settings and Vsync to "on,Unless application specifies"
    Angehängte Dateien
    Lester1996 ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren

Well, I think there’s definitely something wrong. Your system has accumulated 3,241 errors from 16th of January until today (did you do anything on that date?). That is an average of over 18 errors per day. That is a little bit too much even for Windows’ standards. Comparison: When my Windows 7 installation was about 2 months old, I had only 154 messages in the error log (~2 per day). If I discard the first two days during which I was familiarising myself with the system and caused a few hickups myself, I come down to only 70 messages (~1 per day). That is much less than what you’ve got.

However, I cannot make out a source of these problems or say whether or not it is relevant for your problem with Risen.

I suggest to proceed as follows (in this order):
    1. If not already done, make a full back of everything important on that PC (it may be a problem that could cause data loss)
    2. Check your memory and filesystem integrity
    3. Perform a SFC check on Windows
    4. If that does not solve the issue, do a clean reinstall of Windows with only the bare minimum of drivers (graphics, sound) and see if the problem still occurs. If yes, you probably have a hardware problem. If no, install drivers and software one by one and keep checking if the problem appears again. If so, the last driver installed is probably the culprit.
    foobar ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Thanks Foobar! Reinstalling Windows did the trick, It also got rid of all the errors.

Edit: It would seem that the problem was caused by either Windows updates,Avast or Internet Explorer, going to test if installing Avast causes the problem

Edit 2: Yup. The problem was caused by Avast.
    Lester1996 ist offline Geändert von Lester1996 (26.07.2013 um 16:43 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Hello,
    I have the same problem. I tried to uninstall my avast, but it doesn't work and my hero still do his "crazy jumps". I will not reinstall my windows - Could you try help me another way? Thanks and sorry for my english.
    Eden Hazard ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren

Welcome to the forum, Eden!

If I knew any other way, don’t you think I would have told Lester1996 about it? He wasn’t that annoying that I’d have him reinstall Windows just for fun.

I suppose you could post the information files that are mentioned in the thread “READ THIS BEFORE POSTING” and which I also had to explicitly request from Lester. And maybe – just maybe – I’ll see something there that I didn’t see in his files which could help. But other than that, sorry.
    foobar ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Sorry, I tought, that Lester could help me too. He solved the problem and told, that the problem was by Avast - For me it is not so... Here is my msinfo32.txt. Thanks for your patience.
    Eden Hazard ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren

Ok, that's one out of two requested files.
    foobar ist offline