Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 27
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan

CzarnyAfgan ist offline

[Discussion] GENERAL Gothic 3 FIX WISHLIST TOPIC

According to discussion in previous topic http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...y-Patch-v-1-76 I decided to create a topic where everyone and anyone can post his/hers wishes and suggestions for gothic 3 bug fixes - that he/she would like to see to be done

I encourage all of you people to post your suggestions/ ideas/ wishes freely
    Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (09.06.2013 um 22:23 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    I will start with few requests for fixes:

1. fix the bug with flying NPC enemies ( usually bandits ) , this happens every time I fight with Ortega's thugs - game confuses their positions and they often spawn several metres above the ground, I will show some examples soon
    2. fix shield wield bug - where hero drops his shield after 2.5 seconds, even if mouse button is still pressed, in effect player has to tap right mouse button all the time. Hero should not drop his shield if right mouse button is still pressed...
    3. the same is with sword - hero also drops sword block after 2.5 seconds, even if mouse button is still pressed
    4. fix animation bugs related to combat - this is a longer point, so I will give more detailed explanation later
    5. fix bug related to performing shield block toward monsters - it looks like hero can perform shield block toward only 3 ingame monsters [ goblin, crawler and sand crawler ] ( this is an absurd!!! ). Other monsters simply ignore hero's shield and they do full damage.
    Hero cannot defend himself from attacks of following monsters:
    -wolf
    -boar
    -scavenger
    -bloodfly
    -snapper
    -shadowbeast
    -ripper
    -lurker
    -bison
    -waran
    -alligator
    -lion
    -shakal
    -dark snapper

Probably more of them cannot be blocked, but I managed to check only following monsters.

6. Increase light spell duration time to 10minutes
    7. Make torches droppable and pickable ( when lit ) to allow reusing it after hero draws his weapon
    8. Fix animation bug when bolts are shot and they leave crossbow turned by 45 degrees
    9. Add two perks ( shield blocking and crossbow shooting ) to hero basic skills at the game start
    Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (12.06.2013 um 18:45 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von -lukas

-lukas ist offline
    If you take Gorn (or probably other comrades) to Wolfclan and let him walk back, he will attack the wolfs (someone reported this bug a longer time ago at our mod thread, but it wasn't related to our mod).

But what i would appreciate more than some small fixes would be changing things back to how they were in the beginning. Poison a person should be lethal again, even if they are not hostile. This is really annoying

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Squerol

Squerol ist offline
    I think that "wishlist" haven't got any sense - nobody can do something from that list, I don't think that will be new patch. But about wishes :
    1. Increased fighting animations - fight system is too slow,
    2. Improved AI - enemies are too stupid, they can't jump,
    3. New fighting animations - for example some from Risen 1,
    4. Every enemy in game should be stronger (for example have much more HP), add "elite", hard to beat enemies,
    5. Add some new monsters (for example from Gothic I/II, Dragon Snapper, Molerat, etc.),
    6. Fix game freezing when opening inventory (enemy fighting with you are just standing and doing nothing),
    7. Fix bug, that when character name is ahead you, but model is in the sky or couple meters ahead, Hero can be bugged too,
    I think that shitty fight system should be completely revised, I don't mention main storyline, because there is nothing to tell...... uffff, Pirahna bytes should make new Gothic 3 from beginning, do that what they want, not that shitty, non-complete, buggy game that gamers must fix.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    1. I agree that combat system should be rebuilt completely. If animations from Risen 1 ( or similar to those ) could be picked, that would be freakin' awesome
    2. Also possibility to drink potions when running should be added

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

zandr ist offline
    Thirst of all - replace armor textures back. How they (CPT) could make this crime to throw Piranha's work out of the game and foist this indian horror?

1.Paladin
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

2.Ceremonial armor

3.Orc mercenary armor

4.Hashishin armor

5.Heavy Nordmarian armor

6.Ork-Boss

7.Ork-shaman

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

zandr ist offline
    Two My Most Wished Features:

1. Add "quickloot" of objects and plants pressing the right mouse button (without activating sneaking mode).
    2. Displaying of mini-icons of received/picked up items (as in the Risen).

Also:
    1. Fix the deactivation of weapon after getting the ore with a pickaxe.
    2. Make (enchanced) "visibility" not affecting the radius of the "zone of events." Load far textures without loading NPC which fight far away from hero.

Some useful features from modern RPGs as additional possibilities - may be turned off by default.

1. free camera (Risen 2)
    2. running and sneacking modes by pressing the key, not holding (Risen 2)
    3. disable interaction with useless interactive objects (Arcania)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von |Lorn|

|Lorn| ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von zandr Beitrag anzeigen
    Thirst of all - replace armor textures back. How they (CPT) could make this crime to throw Piranha's work out of the game and foist this indian horror?
    I know. They really did a bang up job there.

@CzarnyAfgan: We can't change the CS or the anis.

PS: A lot of your suggestions are things that can't be fixed by modders. Not without the source code. So you should address the CPT. But they won't make a new patch/hofix unless they deem it necessary. Therefore, this really is nothing but a wishlist. Sadly, I don't think they'll be fulfilled any time soon, if ever.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    Ok, I got it. Do community patch team http://www.g3cpt.eu/ have acces to game source-code?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von controlled

controlled ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, I got it. Do community patch team http://www.g3cpt.eu/ have acces to game source-code?
    Yes, they did/do, however they won't give out due to the obvious treaties etc. which allowed them to get the source code.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    Forgive me my ignorance, but who are they exactly? Are they normal programmers/ jowood employes or modders? Is some of them also member of this forum?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von controlled

controlled ist offline
    Forgive me my ignorance, but who are they exactly? Are they normal programmers/ jowood employes or modders? Is some of them also member of this forum?
    They started as modders, but formed a game studio called Mad Vulture Games while or before they started working on the CP for Forsaken Gods, which eventually became the final official Patch.

If I remember it correctly, mdahm was one of them, though it seems that even their user group, which signed them as CPT-members, doesn't exist any longer. Also they seem to be not very active any more. Mind you, I´m not 100% sure if he was a member!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    Thanks for reply.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von der dicke Rune

der dicke Rune ist offline
    Fix "tombs" bug
    Tombs (Skull with two crossed bones where you can dig with a shovel)
    All tombs are filled again after quiting G3 and starting G3 again
    Held: "Was gibt's zu essen ?"
    Rune: "Fleisch, es gibt immer Fleisch. Das gibt Muskeln und ordentlich Speck auf die Rippen. Die Flachländer essen zuviel Grünzeug, die können hier oben niemals überleben."
    Held: "Interssante Theorie..."
    Rune: "Mehr als das, es ist die Wahrheit, Gemüse macht dich dünn und schlaff, so überlebst du keinen Schneesturm."

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

zandr ist offline
    2. fix shield wield bug - where hero drops his shield after 2.5 seconds, even if mouse button is still pressed, in effect player has to tap right mouse button all the time. Hero should not drop his shield if right mouse button is still pressed...
    3. the same is with sword - hero also drops sword block after 2.5 seconds, even if mouse button is still pressed
    Nothing to fix there. Those features (not BUGs) was added by CP 1.70 for AB only. Just turn the Alternative Balance off.

6. Increase light spell duration time to 10minutes
    9. Add two perks ( shield blocking and crossbow shooting ) to hero basic skills at the game start
    These are not fixes but modding. Can be done easily.

7. Make torches droppable and pickable ( when lit ) to allow reusing it after hero draws his weapon
    Super feature from Risen 1! Thanks also for list of other bugs.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

zandr ist offline
    - Need to fix bug when you can not damage the enemy if you are higher than he. E.g. fighting on the hillside.
    - Remove drops of blood when hero attacks "bloodless" enemies, e.g, skeletons.
    - Make different GUIs of loading screen for different resolutions. Or to solve the problem of stretching the images in another way.
    - Need opportunity to make not chaotic-alphabetical but logical sorting items in the inventory "miscellaneous".
    - More "advanced" settings in the Options Menu of the game which now only possible to change editing ini-files. E.g. test-mode=false/true.
    Update:
    - Add possibility to take animal skins and trophies if appropriate skills have been studied after their killing.
    Geändert von zandr (16.06.2013 um 15:24 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    zandr wrote:
    "Nothing to fix there. Those features (not BUGs) was added by CP 1.70 for AB only. Just turn the Alternative Balance off"

Not really Alternative Balance, but Alternative Artificial Intelligence ( A.I or S.I ). I don't want to turn Alternative A.I. ( or S.I.) , because it seems that enemies are smarter and game is more challenging ( with A.I. turned on ) , but at the same time I would like to play with normally behaving hero, who doesn't lower his shield after a moment...

I don't know which sick bastard invented such fucked up idea to make hero lower his shield after 2.5 seconds... LOL!
    I don't understand what was the purpose of such change? To make game more challenging??? I doesn't seem to work this way... Have you seen such animation in any other RPG game? ,because I haven't.

Don't get me wrong - I am not a hater, I am a huge fan of Gothic series, played through first two parts ( including Night of The Raven ) many times, but I am TRULY truly dissapointed of what developers did to this game...
    Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (16.06.2013 um 17:49 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan
    Hero cannot defend himself from attacks of following monsters:
    A minor correction: in G3 NH and NPCs can't defend himself from the ALL melee attacks of unarmed monsters and NPCs (for example, slaves). With activated Alternative A.I. they can block enemy attacks made with a melee weapons only.
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan
    I don't know which sick bastard invented such fucked up idea to make hero lower his shield after 2.5 seconds... LOL!
    I don't understand what was the purpose of such change? To make game more challenging??? I doesn't seem to work this way... Have you seen such animation in any other RPG game? ,because I haven't.
    I think that CPT made this limitation to aviod infinite blocking of attacks like in Risen. It well worked in Risen since in it many monsters and NPCs were able to penetrate the block. In G3 only the whirl attack with the two 1H weapons can penetrate the block.
    Zitat Zitat von zandr
    - More "advanced" settings in the Options Menu of the game which now only possible to change editing ini-files. E.g. test-mode=false/true.
    You must know the alternate methods to activate cheat mode without ge3.ini modification:
    1. Type 'marvin' quickly during gameplay.
    2. During gameplay press Esc to activate game menu and select 'Credits'.
    Press Esc and type 'marvin' in a blind mode. Press Esc twice to return gameplay -
    you will see orange colored text: 'Test mode has been activated' (or deactivated).

It is desirable to fix the remained problems with NPCs navigation, for example:
    - during fight in a rich mine near Okara Randall and mine crawlers trying to go into walls;
    - the same occurs with the lurkers in a cave near a stone circle where the shy deers are walking;
    - moves back and goes to the rock permanently an ogre on the way to the Berek's tomb;
    - during an attack on Mora Sul Kayor permanently goes to a breakaway and appears under the sand near the town arena.
    Geändert von Dimus (17.06.2013 um 08:32 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    I think that CPT made this limitation to aviod infinite blocking of attacks like in Risen. It well worked in Risen since in it many monsters and NPCs were able to penetrate the block. In G3 only the whirl attack with the two 1H weapons can penetrate the block.

They ( CPT ) should first work on fixing ( or replacing ) the animations of combat system, than inventing weird changes to already existing one. It's weird - hero constant block in Risen 1 is really not a problem for me ( if I remember well, NPC could break it by power attacks ), but R1 combat is so fast paced and dynamic, that every time player has to perform an attack - he has to be well prepared - fast performed hits, not waving a sword for a long time, with his shield lowered.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Squerol

Squerol ist offline
    The engine of Gothic 3 is sick - everything in game don't walk on the ground, every creature, NPC or Hero is "floating", nothing stick ground - it causes MANY problems, for example - some bandits are going 5 meters to sky, minecrawlers are flying trough walls, NPCs are 10 meters from it's character name, creatures can't be sometime hitted (collisions problem, sometimes by ground level), enemies can't pass by some objects (tiny stone, wood, gate, etc., it's fu***ng stupid-funny) and there are many "invisible" walls for NPCs/Monsters (not hero) oh and I better don't mention "psycho-fight-system". This is something scarry, what made Pirahna Bytes with Gothic 3 - see on Gothic 1/2 Risen 1 - surrounding in the world was equal to our hero, there was illusion that world in game "lives", and creatures in game don't have many problems in tracking hero or fighting, everything can jump too, collisions and physics were good (no floating guys). Gothic 3 world has mindless zombies-like surrouding - everywhere stupid and floating guys without hairs, "same niedorozwoje", hehe. I think that there is nothing to do with that crap. If Risen 1 can be modded like other Gothics like mods Returning, Dark Saga, Dark Mysteries... Thanks.
    Geändert von Squerol (17.06.2013 um 17:26 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »