Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline

Khorinis/Jharkendar portal

Sometimes it damages you when you travel through it, sometimes not. Why? I know it's a silly little thing but I've always wondered...

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von Phillip of the Fire Clan

Phillip of the Fire Clan ist offline
    WHAT ??? It never happened to me, or perhaps I just never noticed it. But it might be the same thing that causes damage to you when you summon itemhoshi or try to equip the Claw without praying.

Lorewise (<-- is thet even a word ?): It's an old portal so if it managed to keep you in some sort of weird-ass dimension for days without you even noticing it, why wouldn't it hurt you a bit either ?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Well visually I think it's the same, it's the purple lightning that strikes you IIRC. But with itemhoshi and Claw I know the REASON but portal damaging me just seemed to occur randomly and what's odd I only had that my first couple of playthroughs, my last 2 I wasn't damaged even once from portal. My guess is I've been doing something wrong in my former playthroughs and that's what caused it.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    the portal never damaged me..

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ranger Avatar von KeeperUTX

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Didn't happen to me, either. Occasional super-rare glitch?
    The English WoG is NOT dead, my friends!
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Solved the mystery. It's caused by itemhoshi("insert itemhoshi").

F.e. if you summon him in Khorinis when you go to Jharkendar you won't be damaged but when you go back to Khorinis you'll be struck by lightning out of nowhere.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Adventurer Avatar von Pyrokar16C

Pyrokar16C ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen

F.e. if you summon him in Khorinis when you go to Jharkendar you won't be damaged but when you go back to Khorinis you'll be struck by lightning out of nowhere.
    The part with "struck by lightning" reminds me of several funny moments in Gothic where you get struck by lightning. I don't remember right now to give an example but I laughed a lot when the character got struck by lightning.
    "Form an alliance with them ! This could be the only way to fight Beliar." (Xardas)
    "...And there were both Order and Chaos at the same time.."(Vatras, Mage of the Water)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Fighter Avatar von Saberstorm

Saberstorm ist offline
    "Don't throw stones at every dog that barks at you" George Silver

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Pyrokar16C Beitrag anzeigen
    The part with "struck by lightning" reminds me of several funny moments in Gothic where you get struck by lightning. I don't remember right now to give an example but I laughed a lot when the character got struck by lightning.
    I don't remember that ever happening to me. I remember (and liked) that praying to Beliar in Gothic I caused lower total health. I remember there was an easily apparent reaction if you got too close to the dome (unlike Gothic III where one doesn't even realize something is happening) that was sort of like lightning. Is that it?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Pyrokar16C ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lordhoff Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't remember that ever happening to me. I remember (and liked) that praying to Beliar in Gothic I caused lower total health. I remember there was an easily apparent reaction if you got too close to the dome (unlike Gothic III where one doesn't even realize something is happening) that was sort of like lightning. Is that it?
    Yea now I remember - the shrine of Beliar, you're right but I am sure that in Gothic 2 or Gothic 1 there was something which you can eat and the effect is getting struck by lightning. It is mentioned in the description "do not eat" or "bad things can happen". Oh well... memory fails me.

PS: Hello there Saberstorm !
    "Form an alliance with them ! This could be the only way to fight Beliar." (Xardas)
    "...And there were both Order and Chaos at the same time.."(Vatras, Mage of the Water)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Yea now I remember - the shrine of Beliar, you're right but I am sure that in Gothic 2 or Gothic 1 there was something which you can eat and the effect is getting struck by lightning. It is mentioned in the description "do not eat" or "bad things can happen". Oh well... memory fails me.

Pyrokar16C you're right, there is. I couldn't remember what either but then I ran into it as I played the game. It's black ore from Gothic 2 NotR. I just found it in Jharkendar in the same place you find the magic bow. I remember it slowing the time down but I forgot that lightning strikes you when you consume it.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

Pyrokar16C ist offline
    Pyrokar16C you're right, there is. I couldn't remember what either but then I ran into it as I played the game. It's black ore from Gothic 2 NotR. I just found it in Jharkendar in the same place you find the magic bow. I remember it slowing the time down but I forgot that lightning strikes you when you consume it.
    Yeah ! That's it ! thank you for refreshing my memory

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    Oh well... memory fails me.

Tell me about it! Its only been a few years since I played Gothic I but, at present, I tend to get all three confused.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Knight Commander Avatar von AngelOfGothic

AngelOfGothic ist offline

Why don't you just use rockefeller or itemfeller?no damage taken when you spawn them and they also have all items

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Apprentice Avatar von Dragonslayer123

Dragonslayer123 ist offline
    Also there is another way of how you could get hit with lightning. I found this out when I was playing the mod returning. I accidently sold the claw of beliar to zuris. All the time when I went to the marketplace, I would get hit with lightning. Once I found out that claw of beliar was in zuris's possesion, I quickly bought it back and there were no lightning strikes anymore when I was close to the marketplace.
    I think zuris was trying to equip the claw of beliar but he couldn't and the lightning hit me when I was close to him.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dragonslayer123 Beitrag anzeigen
    Also there is another way of how you could get hit with lightning. I found this out when I was playing the mod returning. I accidently sold the claw of beliar to zuris. All the time when I went to the marketplace, I would get hit with lightning. Once I found out that claw of beliar was in zuris's possesion, I quickly bought it back and there were no lightning strikes anymore when I was close to the marketplace.
    I think zuris was trying to equip the claw of beliar but he couldn't and the lightning hit me when I was close to him.
    hahahahaah that's amazing xD

another possible thing:
    when you travel through portal, you automatically equip weapon with highest damage output (that you can equip) - sword (1h or 2h), bow and crossbow (yeah, you equip both at the same time). now there is this possibility, you didn't pray to beliar yet (to make claw yours), you go through portal, hero tries to equip it, bam!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AngelOfGothic Beitrag anzeigen
    Why don't you just use rockefeller or itemfeller?no damage taken when you spawn them and they also have all items
    It's Gothic 2 NotR, AFAIK rockefeller/itemfeller are only in Gothic 1.

Dragonslayer123 Why didn't you give it to Saturas if you didn't want to use it? 2000xp beats the little gold you get out of selling it IMO. I guess that the only one who can actually equip the Claw of Beliar without praying is Raven. Did you guys notice that claw acts much differently in Raven's hands? It automatically counter-attacks with lightning while you damage Raven so the more you damage him the more you damage yourself but it does low damage on normal attacks.
    Geändert von MikeLitoris (11.05.2013 um 16:16 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris
    It's Gothic 2 NotR, AFAIK rockefeller/itemfeller are only in Gothic 1.
    That's wrong, the both test NPCs present in a Gothic II (and NotR) too, there are their insert codes:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    PC_Rockefeller and PC_Itemfeller

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Oh well, my bad