Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Lehrling Avatar von Skazzy

Skazzy ist offline

CTD's in Gothic 2 Gold

Hello guys, have been playing Gothic 2 Gold *gog edition for some time now but I'm having constant crashes to desktop for less than 5 minutes of gameplay,whatever I do and whatever settings I have in game. Have to mention beforehand that I already re-installed the game a couple of times, even on c: partition to run it from the ssd(not that it made a difference), with Vurt's texture pack, community patch 1.70a and latest vers. 2.10, and had occasional ctd's, but only after <3 hours of gameplay.
    Also I have used marvin code to get an item that I couldn't get otherwise (the portal ring), have played the whole chapter 3 since than without any major problems until now, at chapter 4.
    Other thing that concerns me is the fact that when I engage in a fight with a NPC the other NPCs nearby help me and also kill the character...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

PC specs - core i5, 8 gb ram, page file on *d partition - windows managed, intel hd400 - latest drivers used, latest directx
    Can someone help me with this problem or have I managed to break the game entirely?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Have you tried reloading before you used cheats to get a quest item ??
    Damn ,what`s up with problems nowadays ,back in 2003 when i first played Gothic 2 there were no powerful computers and still i managed to play the game without cheats and crashes...

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Skazzy ist offline
    I have not because I have advanced through the game so much and deleted the old save. I don't know what exactly caused my problem, but it sure has to do with the fact that NPCs were killed by other NPCs as I have already explained.You are right about the problems with the new computers, trust me that I'm more confused about this than anyone. The game still has some issues with the quest items, and especially when you try to exploit the bugs in it *(example - the old coins for Wasili) and maybe I've broken the game.

I have already started to play the game with an older save, without me "cheating" with the old coins, NPCs are not anymore involving in fights, so far so good.
    It's amazing with how many flaws this game has, still manages to make me wanna love it and play it...:
    Sure hope that the problems will end because my patience is running low with this.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    NPCs attacking each other is what I've noticed too and analyzed it a bit.

NPCs attacking each other starts happening when you become a Dragon Hunter/Paladin. I guess its because of the social hierarchy of which the Dragon Hunters and paladins are on top.

However I think that only members of your own guild won't attack you. F.e. if you're a DH and attack a paladin other paladins will attack you but if you're a paladin and attack a paladin they won't.

Farmers too are below you in hierarchy so if you attack a farmer f.e. other farmers will attack him too if you're a paladin/DH I think.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Skazzy ist offline
    MikeLitoris Thanks for your input, "glad" that somebody else noticed this issue, still my game became broken once this phenomenon has happened...Reloaded from another save and until now there aren't such issues anymore. I still believe that all hell broke loose when I have abused of the "cheating" with the old coins for Wasili, up until then no NPC has ever killed another NPC and I was a dragon hunter a while back from that.
    The only problem I have right now are the random freezes and ctd's.
    I have already removed the Vurt's massive texture mod since I thought that it had a performance hit on my machine, but still I have the same issue.
    I want to pun the Community Patch instead, and also utilize the texture improvements in there but can't find anywhere the rar of the g2icp v2.10. Can someone help me with this to avoid the uninstaller issue with the installer ?

L.E. - I have found on the forum, with a little help from my friend Google, the archive and also the solution for my previous ctd when installing the patch. Now everything works fine, in fact the mouse movement is more smooth now, but still after a while a get a micro-stutter, guess I will have to increase some values from the ini file (if somebody can help me with some values for my configuration?
    Geändert von Skazzy (24.04.2013 um 13:04 Uhr) Grund: ICP patch solution found

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Skazzy ist offline
    I have figured out what caused my CTD's within less than 5 minutes ingame when installing the latest ICP, so for those with a similar configuration with mine, or onboard graphics, you better not install the texture pack from the patch, in my case it got me the CTD's - just a friendly warning.