Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 159
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    do we have an official closing date ;d

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    If we keep posting in this thread maybe we'll prolong the existence of WoG until G5 comes out . And if G5 doesn't revive this forum, then and only then do I think closing WoG would be a good idea.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Apprentice Avatar von Volf

Volf ist offline
    wait.. is this some elaborate april fools joke? or is the death of this place really coming about? i can't tell, any help would be greatly appreciated
    Helm sees All

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Volf Beitrag anzeigen
    wait.. is this some elaborate april fools joke? or is the death of this place really coming about? i can't tell, any help would be greatly appreciated
    we have a Facebook group, drop your Facebook profile (if you have one) link via PM, (better to Tratos/Hellbilly) and they should add you to the group. We will stalk there until we find (well, they, we are mostly slackers) another solution

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    Sad news indeed. *ahem* let me just say few words before you close the shop.

First of all there is lots of good information on these forums, so I truly hope that these forums are going to be archived. If not a ton of gothic lore and wisdom would be lost forever. Gothic games are still sold on gog.com and other places, so gothic rpgs will be getting new fans even if the glory days have gone by. It would be a small tragedy if newer gothic fans could not browse this epic library of gothic knowlegde.

Secondly closure of this site means that non-german gothic scene has no home left after may. I understand the reasoning though. At the end of day it has always been the right of admin to choose which sites are worth of hosting and which aren't. Let me just say thanks for the hardworking moderators, news posters and ofcourse to my fellow forum members. This site was truly worth of visiting because of your effort.

Thirdly I haven't actively posted much here for a long time, because newer games have captured my attention, but I will know in my heart that I'm going to be replaying gothic games sometime in the future.
    In my opinion gothic series had an impact to rpg genre and such is a rare accomplishment for any videogame. Piranhabytes can be proud of their work. Games like arcania will be forgotten, but even when many years have passed from this moment, someone will remember this great rpg called gothic he or she played at younger age and feel an urge to replay it.

For the fourth Piranhabytes themselves should be gratefull wog-en. Without this place gothic series wouldn't be this well known. For example I recall how I downloaded this fan made translation mod for the german notr back in the day. Its the perfect example of the dedication of gothic fanbase. I also wish to mention gothic 3 community patch team. You guys rock so much. Without you gothic 3 would have remained quite a mess. '

By the way have you guys given any thought how to preserve gothic mods? Those files should be reuploaded somewhere before the plug is pulled.

ps: Piranhabytes: make the damn sequel already :P
    Geändert von Dez (11.04.2013 um 05:36 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    Nice to see you dez

The contents will not be deleted. Nobody would have agreed to that. And I do agree that the information gathered in the years is invaluable and should be preserved.

As for the downloads/mods, these are already joined with the german download area so from that matter, this won't change.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    we have a Facebook group, drop your Facebook profile (if you have one) link via PM, (better to Tratos/Hellbilly) and they should add you to the group. We will stalk there until we find (well, they, we are mostly slackers) another solution
    Do this if you have any interest in keeping touch with the old members. There are some things a-brewin', but I don't want to get too public about those just yet.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    I'm genuinely sad but I can see the reasoning and how this was inevitable.

Zitat Zitat von rekinu Beitrag anzeigen
    I spent so many hours, day after day, year after year here! It's the most familiar place on the internet. It's home
    That's exactly how I feel. I realise that the idea of feeling at home at a website may be ridiculous but WoG is exactly that for me.

There are too many names/users I should recall, all with fondness, and thank for the great community we had. I just hope that most of them drop by from time to time to check, as I did, so that they get the chance to provide the closure needed.

All of us have grown, changed in numerous ways and moved on for various reasons yet (as painfully cliche as it might sound) I feel lucky to have witnessed and to some degree contributed to the once-thriving WoG community.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    General Avatar von Khaled

Khaled ist offline
    Nicely put, Dez! This forum is for Gothic as the Library of Alexandria was for the world, or something like that.
    I recall Sowilo opening athread with some kind of timeline of Khorinis island, back in 2005 or 2006, but I can't find it anymore. Things like that should never be lost. Also, iirc, larisa drew some awesome comics based on Gothic lore, or am I mistaking?
    Anyway, I think I should save in some word documents all the stories, while the forum is still active. Those were some great fan-fiction!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Perhaps someone can be the dutiful librarian and collect all the lore before the books are torched.

Also, slight bump for everyone to see! Send your e-mails and keep in touch with your old pals.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    I woudln't really want to see my WoW-related story around. It is something silly I did and I'm not particularly fond of it. SOme things are better left dead

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Perhaps someone can be the dutiful librarian and collect all the lore before the books are torched.
    Hmm, the GD forum has only 100 or so pages... I shall try to take a look through it and select relevant threads.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Also, bear in mind that the forum isn't (AFAIK) scheduled for destruction... I understood it'll be locked, but not deleted or removed.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95

rockfest ist offline
    I said that in the first post and in another one earlier. I don't know why everyone thinks the forum needs to be backed-up.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest Beitrag anzeigen
    I said that in the first post and in another one earlier. I don't know why everyone thinks the forum needs to be backed-up.
    It would be nice to find the content worth linking to in the future.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    That horrible archived-like look is just clunky and unpleasant to navigate through. Stuff lost on page 69 on an archive is as good as deleted.

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #98
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    How high is the monthly or annual upkeep for WoG-en, does anybody here have any idea?

Maybe some other people would pay for that, minus the ad income.
    Geändert von Bastardo (13.04.2013 um 08:00 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    @Tratos. As far as I see here, there is a big button which leads to the full version of the thread.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...p/t-85783.html

Look, even this

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...t-1247321.html

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100

rockfest ist offline
    When the time approaches we will have all the information presented. To be honest, I don't have all the details now and we still have some time ahead of us.

Seite 5 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »