Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 8 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 159
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline
    I found this forum in 2008 when I needed something for Gothic, yet I made an account last year. I am so sad that this is happening becuase I feel like I am loosing something important. I am so sad that people dont discuss Gothic anymore, yet I wouldn't like that this site goes down. I am going to stay til the end and see what will happen.
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen Avatar von Yavanna

Yavanna ist offline
    Ok, someone make an English thread on the German section where us old posters can still meet up, chat and have fun. Problem?

Call it Peanuts while we're at it.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Yavanna Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, someone make an English thread on the German section where us old posters can still meet up, chat and have fun. Problem?

Indeed. Or move to the off-topic section of Risen boards.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Ranger Avatar von KeeperUTX

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Oh god...

At first I thought it was an April Fools day joke... Now I see that WoG really is fading into oblivion...

Looks like my 2nd story will have to go to the German side of WoG.com.

Well, even if I've been here for only a short time, and I've only made a handful of posts, I'm glad to have joined WoG as a Gothic fan. If the english WoG is going out, it should go out with a bang!

Like it says in my sig... May Innos protect you on all the paths you will have to walk...

That'd be an excellent idea!
    The English WoG is NOT dead, my friends!
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Many of us predicted this...yes, it had to happen sooner or later.
    Anyway I can say as well that WoG was a big part of my life, coming home from school, wanting to see the new posts, the new updates, some years ago was a lot of fun, a lot of topics, fights, everything, in the end we were on the same page, lost in the World of Gothic...I for one will still remember this forum, and most of the people, and many years to come from now, remember Gothic and still play it from time to time.

Wish everyone here good luck with all, and be pround because you were here, even for a short time.
    If you even try to look the other way...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    The problem is, it'd be a drop of water quickly lost among the multitude of German threads.

BTW, did you already start the thread there?

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Indeed. Or move to the off-topic section of Risen boards.
    Why didn't everyone move there already when it became apparent how disappointing Arcania was, and when the future prospects of Gothic seemed to grow bleaker and bleaker whilst Risen was confirmed to get a sequel?

If a solution for preserving the community was as simple as either of those, it'd already been done. But the fact is, the first suggestion only (marginally) slows down the demise of the remnants of the community, and the latter has thus far obviously failed to interest people enough despite being a "living" game series by the developer here dig. I doubt that'd be a "salvation" for the community either.

IMO, if there is a desire to preserve the community, whatever solution is chosen, it must keep in mind that a community can't survive without an influx of new members - it needs to be a solution that is potentially attractive to newcomers as well. It takes doing something more than what WoG-eng has been doing for already a while, which is watching the community dwindle and die away, without really doing much to change the direction.
    Geändert von Hellbilly (03.04.2013 um 11:31 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    TBH, WoG En is still much more active than WoR En. Also, the CSP is not out yet, and once it's translated into English, we'll want an English section again for discussion.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen Avatar von Yavanna

Yavanna ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    The problem is, it'd be a drop of water quickly lost among the multitude of German threads.
    BTW, did you already start the thread there?
    I don't think it will be the end of the world if they sticky one thread for us considering they are basically leaving us without a 'home'.
    I haven't made any thread because I have no idea where anything is besides the English section on this site, and I don't understand any German.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    I haven't made any thread because I have no idea where anything is besides the English section on this site, and I don't understand any German.
    Well - there you go. IMO, many of us probably feel the same and wouldn't be too interested in hanging around in a German place. Heck... I know that I, even though I do have moderate skills in German, feel like that. And, besides, it still wouldn't address the larger problem, which is a big reason why we're in the current predicament.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    well, bye, i guess

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Well, what can I say... this is extremely sad news. I wish there was something we could do about it. I have been registered and posting here for five years now (minus one month :/ ), and I have been visiting the forum since long before that. I've always checked here daily, in fact it was one of my "most visited" websites in Chrome. It feels like the world won't be the same without WoG. I hope we'll all meet again somewhere when the new Gothic is out!
    Until then... Farewell, WoG, it has been an honour.
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Goodbye, I guess.[Bild: Troll_Chiller05.gif]

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Ranger Avatar von Normarian

Normarian ist offline
    "This news is like an arrow which pierces
    my heart. I shall seek new strength in
    prayer."

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Oh, what a sad news. It's not so long that I found the forum but I logged in almost every day to check news and some new threads in editing section.
    I will miss it so much even if we could have guessed about that decision.

Thank you all

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Normarian Beitrag anzeigen
    "This news is like an arrow which pierces
    my heart. I shall seek new strength in
    prayer."
    That's what Oric said when you told him about his brother being killed. Spot on brother

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    By seeing some of his maniacal posts I can say that he technically lost because he was for "bringing life and fun back to wog after getting rid of Faby"
    He did get rid of Faby. Or Faby got rid of himself. This forum is clearly cloaked in postfabyism. It's fascinating.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    General Avatar von Khaled

Khaled ist offline
    This is quite the blow! I've spent my teenage years here with great people, and made great friends! I'll never forget this forum...It's been a hell of a ride!

My biggest regret is that I've never got to end my story, "Khaled's Life"!

Goodbye _DieGo_, Zeratul, DeadlyArrow, Elfa, Colonelu, rekinu, rockfest, Hellbilly, Bastardo, Omid, Lycantrophist, Faby, Maladiq, nefekto, Ovi, Yavanna, MikelT, Gor_na_drak, Tratos, Rashnu, Tudorache, mnt, alyn26, Zeri0n, KGS, one-cool, Onisuzume, MladjanDJ, Alwin, warstrike, Danutz++, lazor!

See you in another life, brothas!

P.S. there's actually a group on facebook, you can post your facebook names here and we'll add you!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    It is as The Bananus Tree foresaw
    It is his will
    He was your salvation through destruction

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline

Wink

The news is sipping out, so yeah - there is a temporary group on facebook to serve as air tank, while we build a new sub. If you don't want to/can't join, send me an email address that you check, so I can keep you all updated. With the imminent dissolution coming, it will be hard to find everyone and tell them where to go, unless we establish some way of communication now!

Authors might want to make saves of their stories/articles/mods/whatever, while it's still easy to navigate the forums.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Ranger

Kilrha ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Khaled Beitrag anzeigen
    This is quite the blow! I've spent my teenage years here with great people, and made great friends! I'll never forget this forum...It's been a hell of a ride!

My biggest regret is that I've never got to end my story, "Khaled's Life"!

Goodbye _DieGo_, Zeratul, DeadlyArrow, Elfa, Colonelu, rekinu, rockfest, Hellbilly, Bastardo, Omid, Lycantrophist, Faby, Maladiq, nefekto, Ovi, Yavanna, MikelT, Gor_na_drak, Tratos, Rashnu, Tudorache, mnt, alyn26, Zeri0n, KGS, one-cool, Onisuzume, MladjanDJ, Alwin, warstrike, Danutz++, lazor!

See you in another life, brothas!

P.S. there's actually a group on facebook, you can post your facebook names here and we'll add you!
    My facebook name (irl name) is: Dieter De Cleen

Seite 2 von 8 « Erste 123456 ... Letzte »