Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

axell699 ist offline

^_^ Gothic 1-3 Mod recommandations

Hey everyone,

I am a big fan of the Gothic series, i've played all of them a few years ago(gothic 2 finished 3 times actually). But there was a huge steam deal so i ended up purchasing the whole pack and i want to start playing them again.
    I know there are mods for each of them but they re kind of hard to follow, and a lot are in german.
    I want to get as much as i can from the gothic series so i ask you what mods should i use for them?
    I'd like both content mods that add more items, skills,quests etc and grpahical enhancement mods that improve the graphics( especially for Gothic 1 and 2).
    I know i might seem lazy but it's really hard to know which are the mods that really enhance the gothic experience

Thanks!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    I'm not the kind of guy interested in graphics mods or items mods but for most of the time but story mods really make my day. That being said here are my recommandations:

1. For Gothic 1: Dark Mysteries
    It's a polish mod that will add some small camps (of a sized compared to that of the pirates in NotR) that you can join in the sense that you will get a new armor from them, a large camp that you can actually join and replace one of the three original camps, a new game world (mainly for killing only) and some new locations smaller or larger plus an extended main plot. I like saying that it ads about as much content to Gothic 1 as does NotR add to Gothic 2. The disadvantages are that it's harder, there are no voices for dialogs (not in english that is) and there are a few bugs that could break your gameplay if you do some mistakes.

2. For Gothic 2 NotR: Velaya
    It's a mod (german I think) that will give you basically a new Gothic game with a brand new story but mostly the same characters and game world from Gothic 2 (no Valley of the Mines or Jharkendar). The main character will be Velaya, one of the girls in the Old Camp Castle that decides to start on the adventure path and the events take place right after Nameless Hero leaves Khorinis for the mainland and thus for the events in Gothic 3. The disadvantage is that being separated story wise from Gothic 2, it doesn't have that many quests but even so I remember that it gave me about 30 hours of gameplay on it's own.

3. For Gothic 3: Community Patch 1.75 + Content Mod + Quest Pack
    The Community Patch is a must have. Don't even think about playing without it. And then, the Content Mod and Quest Pack will give some more items, quests, letters, recipies and books. It will enhance Gothic 3 but don't expect something spectacular.

Also, for at least 3 years there is a so called "Comminity Story Team" known as CST working on a so called "Community Story Project" known as CSP. When all that will be done it is said it will extend/fix Gothic 3 making it more like G1 and G2. To sum it up, it's supposed to add new characters, quests, books, letters, items, dialogs as well as remake most of the main quest and side quests as well so pretty much they intend to remake Gothic 3 when it comes to story which is an ambitious project but also very hard to complete. Fingers crossed of course

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    You can find most mods either in downloads section or by googling.

Gothic 1
    - FPS(frame per screen pack), raises the FPS from the locked 25 to 60.
    - Texture Pack( I think I used the one by Freddy)

And as glumetzul said Dark Mysteries is a very decent mod but it also changes G1 a lot. If you get it you don't need a texture pack cause it includes it. If you want a light mod that doesn't change the game as much try Gothic Golden Mod.

Gothic 2 - Play Night of the Raven(NotR) if you haven't already and also I've heard of a mod Heights of Power though I haven't played it myself it looks awesome and I'm definitely going to try it too.

Gothic 3
    - as glumetzul said although I'm not sure there is a Quest Pack and Content Mod in English...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    for Gothic 2 Notr - if you'll original game is too easy for you and you'd like some hardcore - try the Returning mod. despite it's disatvantages (poor translation, bugs, etc) it makes the whole game very long, lots of creative new areas, old ones enhanced, new characters, interesting addition to main original story line. I really enjoyed it!
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    If you want a light mod that doesn't change the game as much try Gothic Golden Mod.
    Beware, though, as it may result in a wide array of bugs, some quite weird (such as being unable to sleep)!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Rookie

axell699 ist offline
    Thanks for the replies.
    I installed the Texture pack, fps fix and golden mod for gothic 1 and so far I haven;t had any bugs luckily. But the golden mod has a very poor readme file and i'm still not sure of it's features, and i was wondering about he dark mysteries mod. Does it only add or does it change existing stuff too .Does it expand the gothic 1 story or just change it?? It seems quite nice, but I'm kind of reluctant to install it if it changes a lot of the main story and stuff.

As for G2 I'll be definitely trying velaya and the Returning mod.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    Beware, though, as it may result in a wide array of bugs, some quite weird (such as being unable to sleep)!
    I have never had any problems with Golden mod, except it doesn't do one of the things it says it does(you can't be a guard in 4th chapter and you can't raid new camp's mine).

I had Gothic Dark Mysteries, NoName mod and Golden mod installed. AFAIK Golden Mod is the one that changes hero's hair to black and changes the menu to grey, right? Or is it NoName mod? Cause I know that some mods overlap.

About Dark Mysteries... well, it adds a whole new story to the game but you still pass the game by completing the G1 storyline IIRC. Also, it does change a lot of stuff and makes the game harder but its quite buggy. Its almost like NotR to G2 in terms of size and things added. Because of all the new content I don't think you'll be bored playing Dark Mysteries even after you've finished G1 with Golden mod.