Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 31
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Saberstorm
    Here is an article on it:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multime...s_to_Come.html

Avalanche Studios Believes in PlayStation 4’s 8GB of GDDR5

Being based on low-power/low-cost microprocessor technology and current-generation graphics processing technology from Advanced Micro Devices, Sony PlayStation 4 will unlikely offer horsepower comparable to even today’s gaming PCs. However, the PS4 has a secret weapon that even high-end PCs will not sport for a couple of years: 8GB of GDDR5 memory. As it appears, game developers believe in this feature.

“[PlayStation 4] is a perfect fit for the types of games we do, and we are confident that we will bring open-world gaming to a whole new level because of it. I am glad Sony decided to go with 8GB GDDR5 RAM because it means that the PS4 will out-power most PCs for years to come,” said Linus Blomberg, chief technology officer and co-founder of Avalanche Studios, in an interview with Gamingbolt web-site.

Sony PlayStation 4 is based on a semi-custom AMD Fusion system-on-chip that integrates eight AMD x86 Jaguar cores, custom AMD Radeon HD core with unified array of 18 AMD GCN-like compute units (1152 stream processors which collectively generate 1.84TFLOPS of computer power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two), various special-purpose hardware blocks as well as multi-channel GDDR5 memory controller. The PS4 will come with 8GB of unified GDDR5 memory sub-system (with 176GB/s bandwidth) for both CPU and GPU as well as large-capacity hard disk drive.

Even by today’s standards Sony PlayStation 4 can be considered as an entry-level gaming system and is significantly behind mainstream and high-end machines. Still, when compared to average PCs, which feature dual-core microprocessors, integrated or entry-level graphics as well as around 4GB of DDR3 memory, then Sony’s PS4 is a powerhouse.

Still, PS4 is not only about pure performance, but also about other features and capabilities.

“The PS4 will not only be a very powerful gaming machine from a hardware perspective, but it will also be a social tool and integrated marketplace more akin to the successful mobile devices. It’s the best of all worlds in a way; great performance for demanding high-end gaming, good social ecosystem and connectivity, and integrated business marketplace,” added Mr. Blomberg.

Sony PS4 will be equipped with Blu-ray disc drive capable of reading BDs at 6x and DVDs at 8x speeds, USB 3.0 connectivity in addition to a proprietary aux port, Gigabit Ethernet port, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR wireless technology as well as HDMI, optical and analog outputs. The new system will also utilize new DualShock 4 game controller with integrated touchpad as well as better motion sensing thanks to new PS4 Eye tracking cameras.
    "Don't throw stones at every dog that barks at you" George Silver
    Saberstorm ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Saberstorm
    OK, I guess I should make this about Risen or PB - I think that in general, this will move game developers toward more graphics... (not that I think that is bad...
    "Don't throw stones at every dog that barks at you" George Silver
    Saberstorm ist offline Geändert von Saberstorm (13.03.2013 um 21:28 Uhr)

3. #3 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Well, the current console ruined so many games that I still hold kind of grudge. But I still hope that the new ones will finally have enough resources so that developers won’t have to sacrifice gameplay for console support anymore.

That and, well, AMD could certainly use the business.
    foobar ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Don't take it personally, but I passionately hate everyone (on a personal level) that says PS4 will "only" have the same specs as an entry-level gaming PC. Since when has consoles been able to compete tech-wise with gaming computers? And since when has it made the slightest difference? Consoles still have the largest variety of high quality games. The only games that thoroughly suck playing on console are FPS's, and I can live with that since 99.999999999999% of all action games (not just FPS games) are mediocre crap. Just look at Gears of War.. or any other 360 game for that matter.

Imagine playing any Final Fantasy, Shadow of the Colossus or Klonoa: Door to Phantomile on a PC, hunched forward like a goddamn monkey working all those bazillion useless keyboard keys and awkward mouse, your eyes just inches away from the computer screen while facebook, skype, live messenger, windows updates etc are flashing notificiations and/or beeping sounds up your ass. No sir, as a console-playing overlord, I prefer lighting a few scent candles, cuddling up in my sofa with a blanket and my trusty hand controller while enjoying lag- and hassle-free quality gaming on my 47" TV-screen. Sometimes I even take a foot bath with shower salt while playing - I have the time for that since I rarely have to install, patch, crack, configure or blabla any of my games.

And don't you PC subhumans even dare to talk back now! Oh no no. Even if you were to connect your gaming rigs to your TV and use a USB-controller then you still won't be able to enjoy the fine, sexually exciting, high quality games of the console empire. Metal Gear Solid 4, the Uncharted-series, fucking Datura for christ's sake. Unless you find mainstream multiplatform-games from EA and such to be worth your valuable time, of course.

Wuzzat? u mad? Oh I got more.

PS4 is going to rock my world because I will be able to plug my 3.5mm earphones straight into the goddamn controller. That means I can play on full volume without my neihgbours even KNOWING. I know Microsoft did something similar with 360 but, like anything Microsoft-related, it sucked - because it only had support for Microsoft's own headphones (or something along those lines). That is the #2 reason why PS4 will be the leading console, and you all know it.

You wanna know the #1 reason why PS4 will rock my world? Umm... let's see.. How about the games? Oh yeah, those are relevant too, aren't they? Well, you just go ahead and worry about buying that new graphics card, CPU and RAM one year from now. I'll spend my money on games over the next ten years. Even though I get all my games for free because I am an esteemed game reviewer, praised all over the gaming world for my precise and accurate gaming analyses~

Anyways, I have no idea what games will be on the PS4 but they'll probably be awesome...

--
    Posted from a Windows 7 PC
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline Geändert von TheDoctor (14.03.2013 um 10:45 Uhr)

6. #6 Zitieren

[Bild: headpat5.gif] There, there. All good now. Just go inside that nice comfy room with the white rubber padding on the wall. The evil PC men can’t hurt you there. And here’s some nice candy for you: [Bild: pill.png] [Bild: pill.png] [Bild: pill.png]
    foobar ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    [Bild: headpat5.gif] There, there. All good now. Just go inside that nice comfy room with the white rubber padding on the wall. The evil PC men can’t hurt you there. And here’s some nice candy for you: [Bild: pill.png] [Bild: pill.png] [Bild: pill.png]
    Look, foobar, it's cleaning day at my flat. That post stalled about 15 mins.

Can you really blame me?
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren

Extenuating circumstances.
    foobar ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Extenuating circumstances.
    So mad.

Anyways, console still pwns PC in basically every single microscopic way feasible. Including graphics. That's right, I said it. Console games looks better. Take God of War: Ascension as a prime example; Even though the graphics isn't technically more advanced than, say, Crysis 3 for PC, it still has graphics that measure up to PC games and look goddamn amazing - plus it's an epic game (while Crysis 3 is a poop wrapped in a pretty package). It's nothing short of magic how they get console games look as competingly good as they do, while working with decade old tech.

Best part of all: Ya know I'm 100% objectively correct, and that's why I'm gonna have a great time hearing any counter-argument from any PC kiddie around. I already covered graphics, games and general comfort while playing. What else is there? Uhhhhhhh..... Audio? Uhh... Extra features? Well, Wii U's got that tablet thingy controller with an extra screen, PS4 will have built-in streaming for friends to watch you play, and 360 has tablet compatability as well. And they all have motion sensoring in a ton of different ways. Whatcha got for PC? wutchagutt! Nuddin' that's what. Oh except for unimaginable expensive mechanical keyboards, or keyboards with hotkeys for WoW and CoD, or mouses with customizable weight and bullshit like that.

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/...endo-queen.jpg

There is currently only two games for PC that does not suck ass. Minecraft, because Minecraft hardcore PVP is the best thing to ever happen to anything ever, and then there is DayZ which thrills me from just watching gameplay vids of it. And they cover that last 0.000000000001% of PC games that doesn't give me accute brain cancer. Right next to Duke Nukem 3D and Half-Life 2. Oh, and Gothic 1 & 2. And Liero of course. Oh, and the Myst games (up to Myst IV). Apart from those, all PC games suck!

The Neverhood Chronicles is also good.
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    Imagine playing any Final Fantasy, Shadow of the Colossus or Klonoa: Door to Phantomile on a PC, hunched forward like a goddamn monkey working all those bazillion useless keyboard keys and awkward mouse, your eyes just inches away from the computer screen while facebook, skype, live messenger, windows updates etc are flashing notificiations and/or beeping sounds up your ass. No sir, as a console-playing overlord, I prefer lighting a few scent candles, cuddling up in my sofa with a blanket and my trusty hand controller while enjoying lag- and hassle-free quality gaming on my 47" TV-screen. Sometimes I even take a foot bath with shower salt while playing - I have the time for that since I rarely have to install, patch, crack, configure or blabla any of my games.
    I've been doing all that (the console part) with my last, oh, three or four PCs now. This is not 1995, pretty much all Windows games configure their controls automatically if you have a 360 controller plugged in, and pretty much all GPUs come with HDMI slots and so do TVs. You can buy your games on the internet and most services will install them automatically while you download them. An exception is GOG, but they sell their games packed into DRM-free installers which can be backed up and will install and play straight out of the backed up copy, legit. Which is a neat rarity in this day and age. I think you're making mountains out of molehills. Not that I hate consoles. Their industry deserves some good hate, though.

Plus, PCs can play pretty much every generation of games from hundreds, maybe thousands of operative systems/older consoles/etc. if you have five minutes of patience to spare. But you're right, sometimes console graphics are impressive on a technical level. Maybe PC games would be just as technically impressive if the market was on par with consoles.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (14.03.2013 um 18:45 Uhr)

11. #11 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    Ya know I'm 100% objectively correct
    My ass rofl.
    You said the pc games are technically more advanced. That's fact.
    You said PS3 games look better than PC games. That's your opinion hence not objective. I find The Witcher 2 to look better.
    You said PS3 has better games. Again your opinion. I say The Witcher and Stalker series to be better, but hei, it's just my opinion.

Oh, and ya know i'm right so stop with your high subjetive preaching bullshit trololol.
    Bamfy ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Anyways, console still pwns PC in basically every single microscopic way feasible. Including graphics. That's right, I said it.
    I would really love to see a console game tournament that beats a prize pool of 5,000,000$.

Because you know... console is so superior. Meanwhile, go and enjoy your little limited 47 inch world.

[edit]

Other than that I'm probably never gonna even try it. Consoles and console games are too freakin expensive, man... when there is so much free stuff to play on PC.
    Unless the PS4 is like 10$ and each game costs 1$. That would be a fair price.
    Dino ist offline Geändert von Dino (16.03.2013 um 00:35 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    Not that I hate consoles. Their industry deserves some good hate, though.
    Woah.. woah... Hate? Dude, let's not be hating. Here, let me read you some facts:

• There are more games being pirated on PC
    • There are less emotionally engaging games on PC
    • There are more DRM and capitalistic problems with games on PC
    • There are more general problems with uninterruptedly playing games on PC
    • There are more over-expensive hardware being sold to young gamers on PC
    • There are more dangerously dopamine-inducing (read: addictive) games on PC
    • There are more IRL violence cases (including murders) connected with games on PC

The PC gaming industry is a mess. It thrives on taking psychological advantage of players (young players in particular) and at the same time have to solve the problem of piracy through ridiculous means such as DRM that only pisses players off, causing more piracy. Some games even require internet connection in order to reduce piracy, not an uncommon solution for modern games. Plus there are so little development in bringing new blood into the industry that all you get is the microscopic variety of two dominating genres: FPS games and/or MMORPG games.

I have no idea why the console industry should deserve some "good hating" if you glance briefly across the wasteland of the PC gaming industry. That is, if we take it down to a level of reasoning. I don't personally hate the PC gaming industry. I don't think we should make hate, Bastardo; I think you and I should make love instead.

I've been doing all that (the console part) with my last, oh, three or four PCs now.
    I've been doing that with my last, oh, three or four consoles now. And I never had to buy any extra cables, third-party hand controllers, upgrade my specs, download emulators, finding obscure ROM's or had the misfortune of having a Windows Update in the middle of a game... or any other hassle for that matter. I just pop in the disc and sit my ass down for the duration of the generation.

Also, needless to say, software emulation is often shit in comparison with the hardware original. Not to mention the fact that you can only play games from the previous generation (playstation 2) and back, unless I've missed out on something about a PS3/360/Wii emulator in the past 7-8 years. I don't feel like googling right now as I'm rather busy with casually writing this post.

Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    You said PS3 has better games. Again your opinion. I say The Witcher and Stalker series to be better, but hei, it's just my opinion.
    Let's agree on that one. In the meantime, I'll enjoy playing games from all genres while you're stuck with your action games.

Zitat Zitat von Dino
    Other than that I'm probably never gonna even try it. Consoles and console games are too freakin expensive, man... when there is so much free stuff to play on PC. Unless the PS4 is like 10$ and each game costs 1$. That would be a fair price.
    You get what you pay for. However, the most positive thing with the PC market is Steam and the evolution of digital downloads. It opens up a whole new world for indie developers that might never find it's way to consoles. I'm all for that. Great thing. Huzzah for PC.
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline Geändert von TheDoctor (16.03.2013 um 12:50 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    I have no idea why the console industry should deserve some "good hating" if you glance briefly across the wasteland of the PC gaming industry.
    I never said the PC gaming industry doesn't also deserve hate. I must be a hateful kind of person, what can I do.
    I've been doing that with my last, oh, three or four consoles now. And I never had to buy any extra cables, third-party hand controllers, upgrade my specs, download emulators, finding obscure ROM's or had the misfortune of having a Windows Update in the middle of a game... or any other hassle for that matter. I just pop in the disc and sit my ass down for the duration of the generation.
    Ok, I get it. I don't like the current generation of console games, the setting up doesn't bother me, I know how to tell my PC not to interrupt me, and I had the fortune to have the finance for a gaming PC, and you are the opposite. That's ok, that is why there are two markets.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (16.03.2013 um 20:41 Uhr)

15. #15 Zitieren
    I never said the PC gaming industry doesn't also deserve hate. I must be a hateful kind of person, what can I do.
    Our lord and savior Jesus Christ commands us not to hate. You should read the Bible more often. Listening to Cyndi Lauper would help as well.
    I don't like the current generation of console games
    Excuse me: What games do you like? Since the variety of quality games in all genres are generally larger for modern consoles than the variety of games in all genres for the PC, I am assuming you must be a niche gamer that dislikes all games except for a few titles specified by your own limited taste. Which, of course, would imply that you are disapproving of genres rather than platforms. Not that a limited taste is a bad thing, I am a niche player myself. But at least I approve of DayZ and Minecraft.

Correct me if my neanderthaal brain has come upon yet another evolutionary chasm.
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    It was a generalization.

I don't disapprove of genres, or platforms. All I know is that if I start up a random 2012 game, and a random 2000 game, I'm much more likely to like or love the latter. Not because I want to act like a refined connosseur of ludic entertainment, but because the gameplay and stories unfolding on the screen are much more interesting in the older generations of games than in the latest (again, generally speaking).

I could go and buy myself a PS3 or some other thing (if I had the money) without feeling dirty, but then what would I run on that thing? Maybe those three or four "experimental" exclusives you've mentioned before? Maybe I get to play GTA titles earlier than usual, and try out the newer Metal Gear games? Big deal. Give me 30 minutes and I'll feel bored. After I've spent around 50 euros for each title. Could have put all that money towards a PC, where games are cheap and there are all kinds of programs that make your life easier in ways people couldn't even imagine 40 years ago.

As I said, different markets for different people.
    I got myself a PSP some time ago, one of the evil consoles trying to destroy PC gaming. What games did I get for that thing? None. Got me a memory stick, jailbroken the thing, transfered PC and PS1 classics on it. I've got 133Mhz and graphic accelleration in my pocket, why would I limit myself and my finance by buying a bunch of dumbed down pocket games made to create profit for Sony, when a little bit of thinkering can give me so much more on the long run?
    That's just my taste in games and how I satisfy it. I was basically born retro.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (17.03.2013 um 15:17 Uhr)

17. #17 Zitieren
    All I know is that if I start up a random 2012 game, and a random 2000 game, I'm much more likely to like or love the latter.
    Yes, that is very generally speaking. And I assume you are still talking about console games played on emulators? Well, then you are indirectly in support of my notion that the console industry has a wider library of respectable games than the PC (apart from The Witcher and STALKER, of course). And I full-heartedly agree with you. Feel free to imagine my hand reaching out of your computer screen to lovingly shake yours.

http://awwproject.org/wp-content/upl...ds-295x300.jpg

But yes, games are certainly expensive today but that goes for PC as well. Not that they have ever been cheap. I bought Final Fantasy VII at its release for the same price as modern games, although with inflation taken into consideration the game was actually more expensive back in those days. It's sad but that's the way it is - games are expensive, and will remain so even on the digital market. And I don't really mind folk pirating games, as long as they do it for economic reasons and not out of being cheap.

At any rate, I'm glad the piracy is more or less limited to the PC gaming industry, leaving us fat, rich and aristochratic console players alone with our exclusive, high-quality AAA-games intact. I mean, just imagine some dirty twelve year old pirating Journey. It would be like pissing on the Mona Lisa.
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline Geändert von TheDoctor (18.03.2013 um 01:26 Uhr)

18. #18 Zitieren
    Yes, that is very generally speaking. And I assume you are still talking about console games played on emulators?
    Nah, I mostly play PC games, and then a couple PS1 and PS2 classics. Besides, for emulation I mostly use DOSBox and DOS games fall into the PC category.
    Well, then you are indirectly in support of my notion that the console industry has a wider library of respectable games than the PC
    All consoles put together have a wider library of games than PC on its own? Dammit, why did I get a PC!? Should have gotten all gaming consoles ever created, instead.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (18.03.2013 um 07:03 Uhr)

19. #19 Zitieren
    Dammit, why did I get a PC!?
    Beats me.

All jokes aside, you have only owned components that make up for "a" PC. Each of which will eventually break or get outdated forcing you to buy new ones with regular intervalls. Hopefully, you're rich so that you can 1) afford new hardware to begin with, and 2) afford hardware with high enough quality to match up to consoles - and not break out of incompatibility with the rest of your components - but if you're poor as a rat you're taking a financial risk with each individual purchase.

While I just worry about buying one console, oh, every 8 years or so, for a fragment of the cost of a gaming PC. Oh, and meanwhile being fully capable of playing any of the console games you mentioned on my laptop school-work computer (or my consoles, of course). Mind if I change the subject? Here are some console games I recommend: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssee, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Kurushi, Rayman, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Play those! You won't regret it.

Also, all PC gamers should play LASH. One of the best PC games ever. And it's free.
    My Risen short stories
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Consoles are made of components which also break down, doesn't matter whether you buy them packed into a single product.

Yes, personal computers cost more. What would you expect?
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssee, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid,
    At least we can agree on three things. Pity all three of those had PC releases and their PlayStation versions are very easy to faithfully emulate on PC.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (25.03.2013 um 21:56 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »