Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

TUCbeacon ist offline

G2 Gold Edition - swords,axes etc. damage problem

Hello, I have a big problem in Gothic 2 Gold Edition.
    I still do the same damage with any sword, axe, blunt etc... I can increase my strenght but nothing happens(I can have any melee weapon, but i still do the same damage). But spells and bows are OK(they do damage as they have to), but this problem ruins the whole gameplay for me. I didn´t changed anything in ini. file. This has been problem on my friends PC too(I borrowed him the game), maybe the CD is bugged.
    Version of game is 2.7, its in czech language.
    Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
    Intel Core I5 2500k 3.30 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Night Hawk
    4 GB of ram
    I hope no other specs are needed.
    Please help, I really want to play Gothic 2 again !
    PS: sorry for my bad english

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Hydrabogen Avatar von Windmacht

Windmacht ist offline
    §welcome to the forum TUCbeacon!
    Maybe your 1H or 2H Skill is too low. Because this shows you the chance to do a critical hit, which deals much more damage than a normal hit.

These formulas shows you the difference between normal and critical hit:
    Calcualtion for the damage for close combat fight:
    Critical hit:
    Damage of the weapon + your current strength value - value of the enemie's armor against the used kind of weapon (edge or blunt) = total damage

Normal hit:
    (Damage of the weapon + your current strength value - value of the enemie's armor against the used kind of weapon (edge or blunt) - 1 )/ 10 = total damage

Furthermore, if your damage value (means the amount of weapon damage and strength value) is under the value of enemie's armor, you make only a damage of 5 points.

In long-range combat (means using bow or crossbow) the damage calculation is a little bit different:

Damage of the bow or crossbow + your current dexterity value - value of the enemie's armor against point weapons (this is kind of damage which bows and crossbows cause) = total damage
    So here is no differentiation between normal and critical hit.
    The bow and crossbow skills raises the chance to hit an enemy from a higher distance. And the rate of fire will increase, when you reach a new "skill-step". Means marksman (30%) and master (60%)

In close combat fight you will make new combos and hit faster, if you reach there a new "skill-step". There are also at 30% and 60%.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

TUCbeacon ist offline
    I don't think this is my kind of problem. I realized this when I joined militia. I could not kill even joung wolf without 4 hits like in beggining of the game. Then i tested it more with marvin mode. I got myself learn points and i raised my strenght to max. Then I took some large sword with big damage,but I still killed the young wolf with 4 strikes. So I think its some bug of the game,but still thanks for quick reply. Anyone with this problem,please write solution if u found some!

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Crap skill means crap damage.

A young wolf has 20 hitpoints and 10 armour.
    A newbie hero has 10 strength, 10 skill, and a heavy branch (10 dmg).

So on a normal hit you'd do ((10+10-10-1)/10)=0.9 damage, rounded up to 5 (minimum).
    With 100 strength you'd do ((100+10-10-1)/10)=9.9 damage.

Anyhow, are you sure you actually hit them?
    They tend to jump back to evade the hit.

Anyhow, which version of G2 you got?
    GOG?
    Other?

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Definitely your weapon skill. At the early stages of the game, you should only add strength for the purpose of "unlocking" weapons, you should focus on having just enough strength to wield your weapon until your weapon skill is high. This is because damage bonuses derived from strength are only useful when you score a critical hit. And your critical chance is equal to your melee skill.
    There are no normal hits in Gothic II, only criticals and little scratches, or at least that's the way I think about it.
    Geändert von Bastardo (09.03.2013 um 16:07 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Rookie

TUCbeacon ist offline
    Ok, I think you all are right afterall. I just thought its like in gothic 1, where strenght is more useful without criticals hits than in g2. Thanks for your quick replies, im very glad that this community is so helpful and toleranting, you all helped me alot. Thanks one more time.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TUCbeacon Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, I think you all are right afterall. I just thought its like in gothic 1, where strenght is more useful without criticals hits than in g2. Thanks for your quick replies, im very glad that this community is so helpful and toleranting, you all helped me alot. Thanks one more time.
    G1 uses a totally different damage calculation system.