Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 31
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline

uhm Gothic 4 ?

You are probably wondering why did I say "Gothic 4?". Well I don't consider Arcania: A Gothic Tale as a Gothic 4, story is just plain stupid and the gameplay is really bad. I know that people already posted something about this. But my question is: What does community think about Arcania and what do you think about the ending of Gothic 3, for me it was a complete disappointment. And do you know anything about new Gothic game?
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von LastKnownMeal Beitrag anzeigen
    You are probably wondering why did I say "Gothic 4?". Well I don't consider Arcania: A Gothic Tale as a Gothic 4, story is just plain stupid and the gameplay is really bad. I know that people already posted something about this. But my question is: What does community think about Arcania and what do you think about the ending of Gothic 3, for me it was a complete disappointment. And do you know anything about new Gothic game?
    The Adanos ending of Gothic 3 is, from literary point of view, very consequent upon the previous parts. I liked how everything across the series was always coming down to killing the divine, as it was always the divine to spin the action and cause wars.

I hated how that ending was, say, "performed", though. Having to move your ass all the way from eastern Nordmar to that portal was just a bother, nothing really would happen except for a couple of paladins and orcs trying to kill you. There was no challenge whatsoever to that, there were no dialogues with Xardas - as there were with i.e. Lares in NotR when he was leading you to the ruins - or anyone else at that matter, just a waste of time. It would've been much better if Xardas, being the most powerful mage and all that, just teleported both himself and the Hero somewhere near that portal. Or if the devs made some additional quest that would let you activate those stonehenges to use them as teleport shrines in NotR, as there is one right by Silden and plenty of them in Nordmar. And that would also make far more sense to me than using teleporter stones all the way through, even though rune magic was destroyed.

And Arcania is a tasteless joke. People should pretend it was never made, so it would somehow fade into oblivion where it belongs.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Not much to say... G4 is pure unplayable crap. I don't like the fact that G3 has 3 possible endings yet you must continue in G4 as if you chose the Innos ending and became the king.

I've just found this vid, Gothic2 mod for Skyrim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfuxQhKmZg . Its amazing IMO and if anybody knows something about modding help that guy out.

And also this site says G5 should be out in 2015 now that PB got the rights to Gothic again. http://gkrage.com/piranha-bytes-coul...hic-5-in-2015/

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    Not much to say... G4 is pure unplayable crap. I don't like the fact that G3 has 3 possible endings yet you must continue in G4 as if you chose the Innos ending and became the king.
    Arcania follows the ending of Forsaken Gods, which follows the ending of Adanos. It's just Nameless Hero pulling a frustrated mall cop in FG and surveying the dear citizens of Myrtana what should be done for the poor, distressed world to make it a better place to live in. So he becomes the king...

FG is more of a prelude to the Arcania series than an expansion to G3, really.
    Geändert von asddsa (06.03.2013 um 20:06 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline

I've just found this vid, Gothic2 mod for Skyrim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfuxQhKmZg . Its amazing IMO and if anybody knows something about modding help that guy out.

And also this site says G5 should be out in 2015 now that PB got the rights to Gothic again. http://gkrage.com/piranha-bytes-coul...hic-5-in-2015/
    Skyrim and Gothic = WIN! Yep and also they could be making Gothic 5, but I would call it Gothic 4. Cant wait to hear something from them!
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    I've never tried Gothic IV nor do I intend to so, can't speak on that.

As far as I can tell, there is very little real difference between the Beliar ending and the Innos ending ("all is well"). I believe this was basically I stab at ending the entire series. However, there is that Adanos ending; it seemed to be a clear lead-in to a fourth game but, I guess that will never be. Perfect lead-ins seemed to be forgotten in this series. After II, a fully loaded and unstable ship sails for Myrtana but rather then the obvious, a ship wreck allowing for the loss of equipment, we have (the lame) pirates making off with the ship that our supposedly smart bunch exited without full equipment into a war zone. Would have allowed for some nice scattering too.

Series rarely keep improving and at some point become just an excuse to squeeze out more money to the increasingly disappointed fans. Perhaps this was all for the best - PB has a fresh start with much the same formula (three camps, etc).

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Yea ,i wouldn`t play arcania if someone would give me the game for free . Regarding a possible come back to Gothic series ,PB could easily make a prequel for Gothic .

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lordhoff Beitrag anzeigen
    After II, a fully loaded and unstable ship sails for Myrtana but rather then the obvious, a ship wreck allowing for the loss of equipment, we have (the lame) pirates making off with the ship that our supposedly smart bunch exited without full equipment into a war zone. Would have allowed for some nice scattering too.
    A ship wreck would've been painfully obvious. What they could have done instead, rather than coming up with something really surprising, was to improve the idea they already had with the pirates by implementing some plot-line to it - some members of the crew were never found after G2, like the captain (be it Jorgen, Jack or Torlof who used to be a big fish in the Mercenary camp), although there is a lighthouse keeper in Ardea by the name of Jack, but he's not the one from Khorinis. A simple start-off would have been about losing a sea battle to pirates and thus ending up with no gear in Ardea.

Also, there could've been a quest involving searching for the missing people or the ship itself, or at least to have vengeance on the guys who stole it.
    If there had been pirates before, they could've been somehow involved in stealing the ship or in a quest to retake it, as they were a joinable faction before.

I guess polishing their games was never one of many feats of Piranha Bytes.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline

uhm

Nameless losing a battle to pirates !

Now everything is solved! My Nameless, who has been able to take on more than 10 orcs at once and WHOLE FUCKING KHORINIS lost a battle to PIRATES! Along with skilled fighters like Gorn, Diego, Milten, Lester, Lee, Torlof, Lares etc. TOTALLY CONVINCING!

Not to mention if Nameless was a mage...
    So glad I unignored you. You're amusing like a jester, except that you're actually trying to be serious

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Nameless losing a battle to pirates !

Now everything is solved! My Nameless, who has been able to take on more than 10 orcs at once and WHOLE FUCKING KHORINIS lost a battle to PIRATES! Along with skilled fighters like Gorn, Diego, Milten, Lester, Lee, Torlof, Lares etc. TOTALLY CONVINCING!

Not to mention if Nameless was a mage...
    So glad I unignored you. You're amusing like a jester, except that you're actually trying to be serious
    I wonder, have you ever once actually contributed to any on-topic discussion? Or just everything you do on this forum comes down to fulfilling your desperate need of acceptance of others in every single thread you post in? You present nothing whatsoever with your attitude, nor, what you seem to be thinking is, eloquence, that blatantly shows your incapability to understand what anyone who decides to flame back at you is talking about. Raise your self-esteem elsewhere, preferably somewhere where people you lash out at can't speak English at pre-school level, so they wouldn't know how to counter your miserable provocations. Just go back to updating your status on ignoring me or some other childish shit you've resorted to before. Works better for you.

Anyhow, that was just a proposition. Still a better one than what was presented in the game, in my opinion. Besides, "the skilled fighters" are used to being caught by paladins, getting screwed over by merchants, betrayals, etc. Even the Nameless Hero got knocked out unconscious in the Orc Temple, or through-out the series was, generally speaking, a delivery boy, doing everything for everyone, often not even getting paid for it. So I don't know why there couldn't be a chance that they could fail to defend a properly performed boarding. Yet again, though, it's just a concept.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I don't recall flaming anybody except you. I guess that's cause nobody else would say that the stronger weapon should be buffed or that a group of elite warriors along with FULL GEAR END GAME nameless would get robbed by pirates.

Both G3 intros are terrible and completely unrealistic, yours isn't ANY better than one implemented in game.

I don't know why you got your vagina so upset, is it that time of the month again?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    I don't recall flaming anybody except you. I guess that's cause nobody else would say that the stronger weapon should be buffed or that a group of elite warriors along with FULL GEAR END GAME nameless would get robbed by pirates.

Both G3 intros are terrible and completely unrealistic, yours isn't ANY better than one implemented in game.

I don't know why you got your vagina so upset, is it that time of the month again?
    If you had read more carefully what others and I wrote, as I suggested you posts ago, in a different thread, with a little good will, you would have realised - or at least got the general idea - that "stronger weapon" is a meaningless term, both dictionary-wise and game system-wise. I won't explain this to you again, not in this thread, nor in any other, because you've proven yourself to be a half-illiterate moron, that can't even successfully pretend to have understood what anyone's trying to break down to him, and whose all efforts to prove his capability to argue like an adult have been blatantly put in vain. If you wish, read it all here: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...his-game-right .

I could also link you to a few of your other "works" that beautifully show what kind of person/player/forum user you are, if you like. http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post20440681 Just so I wouldn't have to search for long. Or http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post20661703 or http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post20750917 .

That's a lot of penile action for just one thread, I'll give you that.

Now you're getting worked-up like a 5 year old about a concept (presented in one sentence, replying to which you have written two posts so far) of enhancing an intro quest to a six or seven year old game. You don't like it, deal with it, you have a better idea, say it. Easy as that. If you're so hell-bent on forcing me to defend the said concept, I can do it, just keep in mind that nobody here, maybe except yourself, seriously treats rewriting the whole story line of such an old game. There already are community groups who busy themselves with that, whether it's good or bad we'll see when their projects are released.

Why a fully-geared crew of elite warriors would lose a sea battle to pirates, you ask. Most of all, because they're not experienced in that matter. For all we know, only Torlof had had anything to say about sea battles (and ships in general as well). Sea battles don't work like "taking on 10 orcs at once and WHOLE FUCKING KHORINIS". A broken mast ends it all for the entire crew, so does a hole blasted through the hull, so does getting rid of the only person on board who knows anything about sea, and so do exploited supplies if the ship is far from the shore. Outnumbering a single vessel also works differently, because such outnumbered vessel simply would have nowhere to flee, and would therefore be forced to fight, say, a whole armada. There are great many options to choose from.

Whatever the reason, honour-wise, losing a lost battle is better than not having to fight at all and making a step on new, hostile territory completely ungeared. That's just idiotic. Especially for the Nameless Hero, who's received quite a treasure on Khorinis and Irdorath, and was the only one of the entire crew who didn't even bother to wear an armour as they all first appeared in Ardea, wouldn't you think? Also, it's rather "unreasonable", to say the least, to assume that the Hero is such a skilled fighter again. He, again, needs to learn how to fight, brew potions or even skin animals. He's, again, weak, non-flexible, in possession of no magic lore. If you're demanding that we treat the game completely realistically, we should have diagnosed him with dementia or Alzheimer's right about when Xardas summoned him from the Orc Temple, and for the rest of the series put him in a facility.

Also, I would rather you left my vagina alone, as your name would suggest you're the one to expect "that time of the month" from. Either that, or your parents made a horrible joke on you.

One last thing. Now that you've finally confessed to having a problem with me (saying it out loud makes it healthier, but I'm sure you hear that a lot), keep it to PM's, would you? I wouldn't want the FBI or other sad fellas knocking on my door, 'cause some pitiful teenager across the seven seas hurt himself. Just chill the fuck out already and play your game.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    I would have come up with a rather cliche story of the ship sinking during a storm. This would easily explain the lack of ship, the lack of gold, and the lack of equipment.

After the shipwreck, the Nameless might have been washed ashore by the sea, on the beach where Lester can be found in the beginning of the game. The fishermen would have taken him to Ardea, where they would look after the Nameless while he wakes up and heals his wounds or whatever. This would explain him being weak again, with a possibility of HURR AMNESIA, so he'd have to learn all the talents again.

Now, say, there were other survivors, too, but they might've healed up a lot quicker than the Nameless, and being aware of the orc threat, would have traveled on their own before the hero even woke up - Gorn would join the rebels at Reddock, Diego would travel towards Varant, etc. Maybe someone would have stayed behind to look after the Nameless - Lester, perhaps? Or Angar?

Finally, the orcs would come to Ardea for slaves, and that could be when the game begins. Instead of the silly straight-to-battle beginning, we could have an escape quest with the friend who stayed behind (the friend might actually divert the attention of the orcs from the Nameless, getting captured as a slave in the process; of course, the Nameless would be able to free him later in the game (like Lester), or maybe if it was Angar, the orcs might sell him to the Hashishin as a gladiator, and we later fight him in the arena). Anyway, the escape would lead to Reddock and the story could go from there as is. Ardea could be freed from orc rule later on in the game, not unlike other towns.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    ---- and at the end of II, they noted that the ship was overladen with gold and very unstable. Seemed to be leading into a shipwreck for III.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Okay. No more stuff like that from you. We expect people to be able to behave in a civil manner here, and this is not civil.

(You too, asddsa; try not to get provoked by his provocations)
    Geändert von Hellbilly (11.03.2013 um 09:19 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    If you had read more carefully what others and I wrote, as I suggested you posts ago, in a different thread, with a little good will, you would have realised - or at least got the general idea - that "stronger weapon" is a meaningless term, both dictionary-wise and game system-wise.
    Stopped reading there. Already proved you wrong about that, so why do you insist on being wrong? Do you like being wrong? If so, fine, be wrong I can't force you to be right.

You must be pretty pissed off though, probably spent more than an hour writing all those paragraphs

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Stopped reading there. Already proved you wrong about that, so why do you insist on being wrong? Do you like being wrong? If so, fine, be wrong I can't force you to be right.

You must be pretty pissed off though, probably spent more than an hour writing all those paragraphs
    You didn't even bother replying back then, actually. It was all past your little butthurt crisis. Now you're being delusional.

And writing that post, along with searching your little big posts, didn't take more than 20 minutes of my time. Thanks for caring, though.

Don't pretend to be a brilliant troll of a sort now, having embarrassed yourself so much and so often. Have at least this much pride.

Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    (You too, asddsa; try not to get provoked by his provocations)
    Sorry, I just really dislike pointless aggression. Especially when it's served in such a lame way.

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I would have come up with a rather cliche story of the ship sinking during a storm. This would easily explain the lack of ship, the lack of gold, and the lack of equipment.
    Actually, I think your story allows the action to be followed in many directions, while it's very detailed at the same time, and as such it would've made excellent background, had it not been for one factor: this is the third game of the series.

I remember reading an interview with one of PB guys back when G3 was in development - he said that it would be absurd if the Hero had, again, lost all of his abilities, and that PB were going to make up for it with a pre-set of skills that would allow him to smoothly blend in the world at war. What was left of that idea, was one level of swordsmanship, DEX and STR set to 100 and a semi-good one-hander. Better than nothing, but still something, I guess.

Now, this could be taken as another Internet legend rather than actual confirmed information, but I also heard that PB had the intro quest for G3 similar to yours (whether it was as detailed, I wouldn't know), but due to predictions that their collaboration with JoWood was soon to end, they had decided to use that idea for their new project, which not long later turned out to be Risen.

What I'm getting at, is that a ship wreck is an obvious choice to explain yet another loss of memory and equipment. And, although from literary point of view it could and would be more than valuable as a beginning for a new adventure, it can't really happen, because such losses were acceptable the first two times. Now it would've been just another "try it again on a new land" kind of game. Which it, of course, turned out to be, but I don't think it was intentional.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not sorry about one thing I wrote. These aren't middle ages anymore, penises, vaginas, anuses and all other beautiful, natural parts of human body are not taboo.

If I'm such a bad troll how did I manage to troll you? One would have to be extraordinarily stupid to be trolled by a bad troll...

Did you ever hear about spells such as Fire Rain, Breath of Death, Ice Wave, Army of Darkness? Do you realize now how stupid your idea is? Admittedly, I did overreact but you seriously asked for it. Couple that with the fact you thought stronger weapon type should be made even stronger and tell me how was I supposed to take you for serious?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    If I'm such a bad troll how did I manage to troll you? One would have to be extraordinarily stupid to be trolled by a bad troll...
    You're not a bad troll, you're a good one. I might say your're the best stupid guy I've seen on this forum so far. When it comes to being an idiot you're something like a olympic gold medalist. I hope that was what you were trying to achieve in which case I can only congratulate you.

Did you ever hear about spells such as Fire Rain, Breath of Death, Ice Wave, Army of Darkness?
    What do spells have to do with getting your ship sunk before the enemies even enter the range for any kind of offensive spells? And if the Gothic series taught us anything it's the fact that any idiot can cast any spell as long as he owns a scroll. So your arguments only point out how easy it can be for a bunch of rich pirates to defeat the much more experienced nameless hero and his gang.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    You do understand glumetzul that you insulted asddsa more than you insulted me?

How can a ship in Gothic sink? AFAIK Gothic is a game and we should look at it from that perspective. You can cast a fire rain which would in reality burn the ship but in game ship will remain untouched. Also, nobody except nameless knows to use spell scrolls. I've never seen anybody use a spell scroll while I was cleaning out Khorinis. Even people who actually had spells scrolls didn't use them to defend themselves.

Do you remember what happened to pirates when they tried to sink that same ship but with paladins on it? What do you think will happen now that even stronger group of people are on it? They're pirates, not demi-gods of fighting and I do believe they also have inferior ships. I mean, what are the chances of pirates having a better ship than a King's Galley?

Just admit it was a stupid idea and quit embarrassing yourselves, seriously [Bild: Troll_Chiller05.gif]

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »