Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 36 von 36
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Scientists grow human teeth inside mouse kidneys. Open the way for replacing fake teeth with real ones.

http://jdr.sagepub.com/content/early...81041.abstract

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    A treatment that genetically alters a patient’s own immune cells to fight cancer has, for the first time, produced remissions in adults with an acute leukemia that is usually lethal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/he...me&ref=general

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Hello

Do you realize you've been talking to yourself for most of the time ?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Not talking. Sharing

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Hey Maladiq, do you read a lot of scientific articles? Would you happen to know if there was any follow up to that thing with information apparently being successfully teleported (like practical applications)? And further back in time, that thing with worms' lives being extended 6 times over or something of that sort (like further progress on organisms more similar to ourselves)?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Maladiq, do you read a lot of scientific articles? Would you happen to know if there was any follow up to that thing with information apparently being successfully teleported (like practical applications)? And further back in time, that thing with worms' lives being extended 6 times over or something of that sort (like further progress on organisms more similar to ourselves)?
    Concerning teleportation of information. Afaik not, since nobody really knows how that worked. They know it's quantum physics, but not even they understand what the mechanics behind it actually are.

About the worms I do not know. I know of an experiment where in a couple of months they made small flies live thrice as long, by simply allowing them to mate only during the last days of their lives. This way, each new generation was "programmed" to live longer in order to assure their survival. They said this experiment is actually replicated by career women around the world, who tend to have babies at older and older ages.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    They've managed to extend the life of C. elegans by ~300%, but inducing the dauer state, which is a temporary cocoon like phase that the worm turns into, to survive harsh periods. By inducing this artificially, they extended both the overall and the non-cocoon phases of the worms's life. Curiously enough, the promoter of this system is closely linked to insulin production, in a negative-control trigger system.

Possible tangent with that mad-ass theory of staying young, by not eating.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    ... mad-ass theory of staying young, by not eating.
    That means I am going to die of old age pretty soon.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Time travel in 10 years, biatches!

http://phys.org/news63371210.html

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    The Grandfather Paradox (where you go back in time and kill your grandfather) is not an issue, said Mallett. In a sense, time travel means that you’re traveling both in time and into other universes. If you go back into the past, you’ll go into another universe. As soon as you arrive at the past, you’re making a choice and there'll be a split. Our universe will not be affected by what you do in your visit to the past.
    A reasonable explanation, finally. You can't prove to humans from your universe that time travel is successful cause when you time travel you end up in a different universe, am I right? Also you can't go back, as someone in comments said it's an one way trip right?

Einstein showed that time is affected by motion, and his theories have been demonstrated experimentally by comparing time on an atomic clock that has traveled around the earth on a jet. It’s slower than a clock on earth.
    I have a very limited knowledge of physics and my opinion therefore doesn't count for much but I think that it's not the time that is affected by motion, I think it's the inner mechanisms in the clock whose physical properties change as a result of high speed motion.

An odd thought just crossed my mind. F.E. if I was 30y old and went 1-10y back in time and gave a handjob to my younger self does that count as masturbation? Cause I would be pleasing myself, just my other self. Also if I and my younger self did a threesome with my girlfriend would she be cheating my younger self with my older self?

BTW did anyone watch a movie Looper? I definitely recommend it if you're into the whole time travel thing, it has an awesome and kind of original ending too(IMO).

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a very limited knowledge of physics and my opinion therefore doesn't count for much but I think that it's not the time that is affected by motion, I think it's the inner mechanisms in the clock whose physical properties change as a result of high speed motion.
    Speed and mass affect time. The clock was also affected by the fact that it was further away from the gravity of earth.

Einstein's relativity concerning time has been best proven with the GPS satellites. When programming the clock of the software, the engineers did not count for the relativity, and by working slowly, after only a couple of hours, the GPS devices on ground started giving errors of hundreds of miles. After reprogramming them accordingly to relativity, they started properly working.

Time is very influenced by mass. Stargate:SG-1 had a nice episode with a mission sent to a planet which was being engulfed by a blackhole and the effects were very plausible. I recommend that episode, on of the best in the series.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Hubble was just a kid.

http://www.jwst.nasa.gov/orbit.html

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12