Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 30
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

albeo ist offline

Brand New Player

Hey guys, I've heard so much about the Gothic series I decided to give it a try. I'm a huge RPG fan, Elder Scrolls being my fave. I bought all 4 Gothic games from Steam. I am playing the first now. It really has that Morrowind feel. Great game so far, although the combat will take some getting used to. My main question is does anyone know of any strategy guides for the first 3? Amazon has a guide for Gothic 4 but nothing on the first 3. I like collecting them for the games I play. I'm not really looking for walkthroughs. I'm looking for the basic info. The PDF guide I dowloaded is very basic. Anyway, I see myself putting many hours into these games and I'm sure I'll be back here with many questions.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Gothic universe.
    Gothic games are a bit more difficult than any TES game ,simply because there`s no point on the map showing your quest location ,you must figure it out all for yourself !

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

albeo ist offline
    Thanks for the welcome! I see that there is no compass or quest tracking, which is OK with me. Brings the discovery and exploration aspect back. Again, more like Morrowind than the later TES games. It will definately take some getting used to the combat. But so far, I like it a lot.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    One thing you should know about the combat (mostly melee) is that the more you train your skills (1h or 2h) your character's style will change (literally change, different animations and higher speed) and it will be getting smoother and smoother there are 4 evolution stages in Gothic 1 if I remember correctly Rookie (starting style), Amateur, Fighter and Master.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von albeo Beitrag anzeigen
    It really has that Morrowind feel.
    Sweet mother of God...
    I'm looking for the basic info. The PDF guide I dowloaded is very basic.
    You don't really need any strategy guides for Gothic 1, it's constructed that way. Any path you take will get you somewhere and by the end of the game the only difference between the character you've built and a character you might have built instead will be the level of your magic.

Basically, the only thing you should know from the very beginning, is that stats are capped at 100 in Gothic 1, so save all items that give you permanent boosts until you've reached the limit.

There is a plethora of exploits that grant you extremely easy access to massive amounts of ore and high-end equipment in very early stages of the game, but I suggest you find out yourself what they are if you decide to abuse them, as they obviously kill the challenge.

Happy gaming.
    Geändert von asddsa (26.02.2013 um 13:31 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    §welcome
    imho - just play the game and do not read this forum yet. don't be afraid to fail it or choose the ''wrong'' path - just explore and enjoy it, you'll find most of the answers yourself! my advice - try to seek any guides or advices from gothic forum members only if you'll be completely stuck, etc..
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    §welcome
    imho - just play the game and do not read this forum yet.
    That part sounded like "hey welcome, now get lost"

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Hi.

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file...ic1-Manual.pdf

This is the official manual. Just read from page 6 to page 12 and you'll know what you should know.
    Geändert von Bastardo (26.02.2013 um 13:56 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Hi and welcome. Well I'm glad that you like G1 but except for graphics, I can't see how it resembles Morrowind. But w/e.

There is 3 stages of combat in G1 for each weapon. I don't know where you got that 4th one .†.MikeL.†.

First stage is the one you have now. Basically holding an one-hander with 2 hands. Second stage is a lot better and you start holding the weapon with one hand and finally, 3rd stage is the best looking(IMO) and fastest. However, IMO G1 combat had the potential to be good but it is actually crappy and mostly about swinging the sword left-right as fast as you could. Thankfully, in G2 the combat's potential has been used and its been made much better.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    There is 3 stages of combat in G1 for each weapon. I don't know where you got that 4th one .†.MikeL.†.
    It's been about 10 years since I last played Gothic.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Rookie

albeo ist offline
    Thanks guys. I'm just going to play and let happen what happens. When I compared it to Morrowind, it was more about the look of the game. It just really reminded me of Morrowind, but with beter bodies already there! And the fact that there are no quest markers or compass or mini-map, the non handheld find it for yourself style. Other than that, I don't really see any comparison. That was just my first reaction. I'm certainly looking forward to countelss hours, even Arcania. Which I seem to see from reviews that it was pretty bad.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Thanks guys. I'm just going to play and let happen what happens. When I compared it to Morrowind, it was more about the look of the game. It just really reminded me of Morrowind, but with beter bodies already there! And the fact that there are no quest markers or compass or mini-map, the non handheld find it for yourself style. Other than that, I don't really see any comparison. That was just my first reaction. I'm certainly looking forward to countelss hours, even Arcania. Which I seem to see from reviews that it was pretty bad.
    The difference between Gothic games made after the third part and the previous ones is comparable to that between a used sheet of toilet paper and a book - you can play with either if you like, but only one won't leave stains of shit on your fingers. You have been warned.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    §welcome
    imho - just play the game and do not read this forum yet. don't be afraid to fail it or choose the ''wrong'' path - just explore and enjoy it, you'll find most of the answers yourself! my advice - try to seek any guides or advices from gothic forum members only if you'll be completely stuck, etc..
    be sure to grab some texture patches and bugfixes 1st ;d

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    That part sounded like "hey welcome, now get lost"
    only sounds like that
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline
    Welcome my friend, its a good thing that you care for this game. Gothic 1 is amazing and you will love it. I can say that games isn't easy for new players but you will enjoy it because challenge is always good. Welcome again and enjoy your stay here!
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Ranger Avatar von guru666

guru666 ist offline
    as for Gothic 2 you can watch LastKnowMeal's new playthrough with G2 NotR, but if you don't want to spoil anything ,then we are here to help you if you have any problems, in all gothic series

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Welcome. Taste the Gothic experience, then return to TES. It is merely nature.

Love,
    TESisbetterthanGothicForever

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheForever Beitrag anzeigen

Love,
    Totally

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheForever Beitrag anzeigen

Love,
    Congratulations ,you just reached the maximum level of trolling

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Congratulations ,you just reached the maximum level of trolling
    I think that is the cue for leaning back with a bowl of popcorn.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »