Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 102
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    or shrink ;d ;d
    Heh, I remember shrinking the last one in vanilla G2. And it was trying to run away from me, too.

It didn't work in NotR, though.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von guru666 Beitrag anzeigen
    1. ice block won't work on dragons in Gothic 2 NotR, ice wave will.

3. in gothic 1-2 crossbows are much better then bows : they have same fire rate, and crossbow has better dmg, not like in G3.
    Except that you need both STR and DEX to use the good ones but bows need DEX only.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Ranger Avatar von guru666

guru666 ist offline
    well I didn't say that it's easy to use a good xbow
    to defeat the dragons :
    as a mage: 1 demon / dragon (2-3 demon/ undead dragon)
    as an archer: u have too shoot..... M1+W easy...
    as a melee hero: you can summon demon for tanking and you slice the dragon into pieces, or you can go 1on1 it's harder but not impossible.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von guru666 Beitrag anzeigen
    as a melee hero: you can summon demon for tanking and you slice the dragon into pieces, or you can go 1on1 it's harder but not impossible.
    No WoW tanking bullcosby crap here! this is World Of Gothic, not Warcraft.
    If you even try to look the other way...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ironbear Beitrag anzeigen
    That stone dragon fight was really silly. So how exactly does one kill him in melee without using some sort of cheese summon to divert that firebreath knockback? I spent like half an hour trying to get right timing but it seems impossible, at least with 2H. So I just summoned a golem and killed the dragon in couple of hits, but it felt really cheap. Also, what dragon would just sit there with "come at me bro" on his snout and act as a fire turret instead of, well, flying and generally being an attack helicopter but with napalm.

That's what dragons do, right?
    when fighting in melee try to use speed potion to get closer to the dragon without being knocked back by his fire breath.
    and yeah, with summoning spells fighting dragons is way too easy...
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    I remember using "Fear" spell. Now that is silly, I spent 5 minutes laughing just by looking at the dragon in his "feared" form hahah

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Apprentice Avatar von Ironbear

Ironbear ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    when fighting in melee try to use speed potion to get closer to the dragon without being knocked back by his fire breath.
    Tried that, you get knocked back eventually and the dragon regens more health than you can do damage anyways if you heal up after getting back on your feet, at least in my case with Dragon Splitter and 180 STR/90%.

Update on progress: well, finished it. Really dissapointing ending, final boss fight went exactly the same as previous 5 dragon fights only it lasted 5 seconds longer.Was there any way of figuring out the switch-"puzzle" right combinations other than trying up to 36 possibilities every time while being punished for each wrong guess?
    Geändert von Ironbear (02.03.2013 um 13:02 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Tried that, you get knocked back eventually and the dragon regens more health than you can do damage anyways if you heal up after getting back on your feet, at least in my case with Dragon Splitter and 180 STR/90%.

Update on progress: well, finished it. Really dissapointing ending, final boss fight went exactly the same as previous 5 dragon fights only it lasted 5 seconds longer.Was there any way of figuring out the switch-"puzzle" right combinations other than trying up to 36 possibilities every time while being punished for each wrong guess?
    I might be wrong, but I think the sequences of the switches were somehow related to the directions you take to get to them looking from the main chamber with the locked gate - take the right corridor, use the right switch first or the other way around.

I'm afraid G2 is the last one of the series with a single riddle to solve. G3 is more like a console game with all its 'go there, do that, no thinking required' kind of playstyle.

For the bosses, well... The way I do it, is always use items related to your class - when you're a mage, use only magic, when you're a Dragon Hunter - melee or melee and ranged, and melee plus rune magic for Paladins. No scrolls involved, etc. This somehow has always made it more fun for me.

Just wondering, have you played G1 yet?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89

Ironbear ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von asddsa Beitrag anzeigen
    Just wondering, have you played G1 yet?
    I have. For about an hour, after that I was too angered by control system to continue so I just looked up the story so I didn't miss much and proceeded to G2.

I'm afraid G2 is the last one of the series with a single riddle to solve. G3 is more like a console game with all its 'go there, do that, no thinking required' kind of playstyle.
    *cough* Then I better stay away from it if it gets even worse. I was also told that G3 melee combat system is complete thrash and I should be playing it as a mage.

Anyhow, how's Risen then? Since that will be my next stop most likely, that or Morrowind again, this time to finish it once for all. My Morrowind keeps staring at me with sad face from the shelf.
    Geändert von Ironbear (02.03.2013 um 20:21 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    risen is far better than gothic 3

the dungeon crawling at the end is a bit tedious but the beginning is great

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Well Gothic 3 archer/hunter system is a pure win. If you're looking to play as a ranger/archer/thief, that kind of playstyle I'd definitely recommend G3. And mage is done decently too, except that mana regen can be acquired too late in game.

And yes, its melee combat is lacking. It looks mellow and girly, kind of like in TES but you get used to it for some reason so if you don't plan on going melee fighter don't worry about it. I don't think you should skip G3 just because of what you heard. Look the game up on YouTube and see for yourself. The graphics are beautiful and the world design is amazingly detailed for such a huge game.

Risen, as KGS said is interesting like G2 on beginning but I fucking hate dungeon crawling so I stopped playing when it came to it. Too bad, otherwise its a very decent game with a great melee combat system.

I had more fun playing G3 cause it has a very good balance of quantity and quality, it is more open-world and I wanted to play an archer. But if you intend to play as a melee fighter and like dungeon crawling definitely go for Risen.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    I have. For about an hour, after that I was too angered by control system to continue so I just looked up the story so I didn't miss much and proceeded to G2.
    Honestly, after having played G2, you should be used to controls in G1 - it's pretty much the same, except in G1 you have to press that additional up arrow to interact with environment.
    G1 is full of riddles, especially in the end-game. There are many more quests that can be done in multiple ways compared to G2 and NotR, and the setting is just fantastic, and that alone makes you want to explore even more, as there is no urge to grind your ass off to level up to be ever able to complete a quest as it is in NotR.
    Also, there's one of the best, most entertaining side-quests of all RPG's I've played, called "Chromanin" - it's a series of riddles spread through-out all chapters.
    An attempt at remaking it was made in G3, but to no avail.

*cough* Then I better stay away from it if it gets even worse. I was also told that G3 melee combat system is complete thrash and I should be playing it as a mage.
    G3 is the last one of the series worth playing and to many players, including myself, that's where the story ends. Its plot is much worse than its predecessors', but doing just the main quests isn't so bad. It's always better to know how a story ends, when it has such a good start.

I actually don't think the combat system in G3 is terrible. Getting the stats and perks is as easy as it was in G1 and eventually you'll end up with a ridiculously overpowered character whether you like it or not, but I find that relieving after NotR. Also, two-handers do AoE damage there, so you can guess what slaughterhouse you can make there. Definitely not a challenging game, more like a 'play and forget', yet it does bring that Gothic feel about it every now and then.

What I hate about G3 is that it's as generic and repetitive as TES, but if you liked Oblivion and such, maybe you'll like G3 for it.

Anyhow, how's Risen then? Since that will be my next stop most likely, that or Morrowind again, this time to finish it once for all. My Morrowind keeps staring at me with sad face from the shelf.
    I haven't played Risen, but I hear it's what Gothic 3 was supposed to be, if it hadn't been for rushing with the release. My guess is, it's worth a shot.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline

I haven't played Risen, but I hear it's what Gothic 3 was supposed to be, if it hadn't been for rushing with the release. My guess is, it's worth a shot.
    I played Risen when it first came out and I loved it for about a month. It had a lot of the qualities of G2 and G3 although a bit smaller in scale. To my surprise, however, I could never bring myself to play it again and still haven't after 3 years. I have played G2 and G3 since then but Risen just doesn't appeal anymore. It's a decent game but it is not a classic like I think the Gothics are.

edit: If anyone does get Risen, consider the Steam version. The DVD version has maddening DRM which, at least for me, gave constant false disk check errors. The forums at the time had many similar reports of problems.
    Geändert von fragonard (02.03.2013 um 21:42 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Ironbear, next time if you are having trouble with dragons, use "black ore". there are 3-6 of them (I really forgot how many), and when you eat it the time and everything slows down around you except you

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline

I can't say I like G-III better but it does allow better replay since it is less structured. Now, having played I, II, and III is that the combat system complaints are pure trash. I found I/II to be more of a clickfest but in III, timing is very important. The controls have been changed, some would say improved, others who spent endless time mastering the harder II controls resent the change. Its a matter of opinion which cannot be formed until you've actually played III. As for I, the two-stroke action was horrible but simply programming the two strokes to a single key made it bearable and it is a fine game.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96

Ironbear ist offline
    Honestly, after having played G2, you should be used to controls in G1 - it's pretty much the same, except in G1 you have to press that additional up arrow to interact with environment.
    It's about mouse mostly, in G1 your character lags behind mouse movements really badly. In G2 it's possible to fix it with ini edit (mouse rotation scale), afaik there's no such setting for G1. I don't mind the rest of the controls that much though I find G2 controls far superior in most cases. But then again I played with them for dozens of hours.

G1 is full of riddles, especially in the end-game. There are many more quests that can be done in multiple ways compared to G2 and NotR, and the setting is just fantastic, and that alone makes you want to explore even more, as there is no urge to grind your ass off to level up to be ever able to complete a quest as it is in NotR.
    Also, there's one of the best, most entertaining side-quests of all RPG's I've played, called "Chromanin" - it's a series of riddles spread through-out all chapters.
    Alright then, I'll give it another try.

Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    Ironbear, next time if you are having trouble with dragons, use "black ore". there are 3-6 of them (I really forgot how many), and when you eat it the time and everything slows down around you except you
    Well, I don't have any trouble with dragons, I had trouble with finding a method of killing them that would feel epic somehow. Like not using a gimmick.

I guess it's this way by design considering how many ridiculously powerful scrolls/items you can easily obtain which require 5 mana to cast. It's like devs saying "oh, you're getting hurt, here, cast this and you will be okay with the world again".

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    You should. Too bad you're doing it in that order. A few of my thoughts:

Gothic 1 was the actual jewel of the series. It was the one that started it all. It had some amazing plot twists. And it had a strange quality. You were sent into the game without any clear objective, without any bad guy, without any mentor, all you knew was that you had to survive. However the plot will pull you in like narcotics. It's a shame that G2 provides a lot of spoilers regarding G1 including who the villain is, who Xardas is, how important Diego, Milten, Gorn and Lester are and so on. It would have been a lot better if you played G1 first.

The controls are as bad as you can get and I can't blame anyone for quitting just because of that. However you'd be amazed that after 20 minutes of playing they seem to be like your second nature. And you'd be even more amazed that even after ~10-15 playthroughs as it's my case, each time you start the game you once again find the controls stupid. One thing I remember about G1 is that I quitted the game after 10 minutes of playing (it was a game my dad bought for himself at that time). And then I've read a review in a local magazine about how great the game is and how the start is awful and if you don't quit at first you'll like it. So I started the game again and then that's the only thing I did except eating and sleeping for a week or so.

Gothic 2 is better than the first in every aspect except one. Better graphics, better world, better quests, longer game. But it doesn't have that charm of G1. You know who the villain are from the first 5 minutes of dialog with Xardas (actually dragons are featured on the cover as well). There aren't so much plot twists as in the first. But overall a great game. And with the NotR addon it's even better.

And then there is Gothic 3 which is so hard to describe. In some aspects is better than G1 and G2 combined. In some it's not even a Gothic game. Truth is that it's more like a TES game based in the Gothic universe. There are no more chapters. The main plot is short. However there are tons of camps this time and each with it's own set of quests.

And then there are some notables content mods for each of the games:
    For G1 you have Dark Mysteries a polish mod that we english speaking players can play with english subtitles and with not sound for dialogs. It pretty much does to G1 what NotR does to G2. New armours, new quests, new items, new monsters a whole new camp that you can choose over the known 3 camps, some more 3 small camps (the size of the pirates in NotR) and a whole new main quest. The new main quest seems a bit exagerated but the mod overall is a true masterpiece.
    For G2 you have Velaya which doesn't extend the plot of the game but rather ads a whole new story. You play as a girl and the events take place right after the Hero leaves Khorinis with the Paladin's ship. There are some 20-30 hours of entertaining gameplay with the world and character we already know but with a whole new plot and quests.
    For G3 you can try the Content Mod + Quest Pack which, as you can tell from their names, add some new content and quests. There are some new armours and items, some interestinc recipies and a few side quests without voices for dialogs.
    However the most important mod for G3 is in development for the last 3 years and for what I've heard I think it will take at least one more year for it to be ready. It's called the Community Story Project and it's intended to change everything regarding G3 story and quests making it a lot more like G1 and G2 (add chapters again, make all side quests connected with each other, add new characters from previous games, new armours, new everything). From what the guys let us know about their work, it might just be the greatest and largest mod ever created for a Gothic game.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    my favorite quote i saw on someone's sig about g3 is "the combat is like swinging a moist towel at a cactus"

it does have a huge world but nothing seems to hold it together and you travel from town to town (more like little village to little village) and it's always the same thing: beat 3 people in the arena, find 4 golden goblets, kill the hungry wolves, that slaves needs meat, this orc needs healing potions, escort someone somewhere...

there is no "story project" for g1 and 2 because they don't need it

risen does not have such flaws

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline

Well, I don't have any trouble with dragons, I had trouble with finding a method of killing them that would feel epic somehow. Like not using a gimmick.

I guess it's this way by design considering how many ridiculously powerful scrolls/items you can easily obtain which require 5 mana to cast. It's like devs saying "oh, you're getting hurt, here, cast this and you will be okay with the world again".
    It really is a shame you already have the ending spoiled. All that "great and mighty villain" was a fantastic twist to the story, from a literary point of view especially.

One and only advice for your first playthrough of G1, so that you could keep it a minimal challenge - don't ever beat up anyone who doesn't ask for it and use only the weapons you've "legally bought" or found lying on the floor, gathering dust.

Zitat Zitat von glumetzul Beitrag anzeigen
    However the most important mod for G3 is in development for the last 3 years and for what I've heard I think it will take at least one more year for it to be ready. It's called the Community Story Project and it's intended to change everything regarding G3 story and quests making it a lot more like G1 and G2 (add chapters again, make all side quests connected with each other, add new characters from previous games, new armours, new everything). From what the guys let us know about their work, it might just be the greatest and largest mod ever created for a Gothic game.
    I wonder, I hear the team who made the Community Patches turned into a dev company of a sort, and I take it the CSP is their project as well. Are they going to do it as a community or professionals, with recorded dialogues, cutscenes, and the Gothic humour so painfully absent in the third part?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    definitely try gothic 1 one more time! is has amazing story as well! just get used to combat system (be more forgiving )
    maybe after whole original series you'll have some interest to try few mods as well for both g1 and g2
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

Seite 5 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »