Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 102
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    you cannot expect anyone to "use their grey matter" if your comments are misleading.
    saying one handed weapons have 1.5x chance of scoring a crit means that in one swing form a two hander you have 50% chance less of scoring a crit. Nothing more, nothing less

in fact maybe you should use your grey matter and phrase your thoughts more accurately

as for low end two handers i always use the judge's staff as I can get it pretty much the moment I enter Khorinis and I don't see what is the problem with the strength requirements when increasing your strength directly increases your damage and there is no rush for getting the best weapon

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    Whenever I start using tablets/potions/other str power ups I ALWAYS go ABOVE 180. Once went above 200. So it doesn't matter if the requirement is 140, 160 or 180 if you manage it correctly. If you use up all str potions, tablets etc and still don't have 160 str then YOU are doing something wrong. Start using them when you reach 124 str.

Better comparation is IMO heavy ore battle blade and ore dragon slayer. Both have 160dmg and 140 requirement. Difference? Heavy ore battle blade has better range while ore dragon slayer has better speed.

And THEN comes large or dragon slayer(180/160) which is a lot stronger than both. It has better range than heavy ore battle blade and better damage AND range than ore dragon slayer.
    Er, you do realise your arguments support my point instead of yours, right?
    Who says they don't play without tablets? I'm giving you the raw difference without attribute boosters (as I have stated more than once), you're telling me to compare weapons you get at different stages of the game.

If we were talking about Gothic 1, would you be comparing Uriziel (150 total damage, 30 STR required) to Rusty Bastard Sword (45 damage, 31 STR required), just because you need that 30-ish strength to use either?
    So WHAT if it requires 20 str more? I WISH there was a one hander that strong. Cause, as I said, if you manage strength correctly you should have MORE than enough str to wear it and str requirement becomes completely irrelevant.
    That, sorry, was just dumb to say.

Bagel, anyone?

/edit
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    as for low end two handers i always use the judge's staff as I can get it pretty much the moment I enter Khorinis and I don't see what is the problem with the strength requirements when increasing your strength directly increases your damage and there is no rush for getting the best weapon
    I agree. I'm just saying there could be some slight bonus to damage or crit-rate for two-handers, as there is a noticeable, although easily fillable, difference in levels at which you're able to equip comparable weapons.
    Geändert von asddsa (28.02.2013 um 15:56 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    What's your point anyway? That 2 handers are underpowered compared to one-handers? Well then you're terribly wrong. If any of the 2 is underpowered its one-handers, literally the only thing they got for them is speed.

You want them to have boosted damage? THEY ALREADY HAVE IT. Just as they have higher strength requirements, they have higher damage. There is NO one hander that does as much damage as top 3 two handers so its only logical that they'll have higher requirements too. Maybe the problem is lack of very-late game one handers.

I don't know what the hell you want, honestly. I played G2 recently and damage with 2 handers was ridiculously high compared to 1 handers. Not to say I felt almost invicible with a 140 range, nothing came even close to me.

The raw difference doesn't matter. If you're bad and you can't get to 180 STR I'm sorry, but that's not the problem of the game. I can get to 180 STR in 4th chapter and you get best ore weapons at end of ch5.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    What's your point anyway? That 2 handers are underpowered compared to one-handers? Well then you're terribly wrong. If any of the 2 is underpowered its one-handers, literally the only thing they got for them is speed.

You want them to have boosted damage? THEY ALREADY HAVE IT. Just as they have higher strength requirements, they have higher damage. There is NO one hander that does as much damage as top 3 two handers so its only logical that they'll have higher requirements too. Maybe the problem is lack of very-late game one handers.

I don't know what the hell you want, honestly. I played G2 recently and damage with 2 handers was ridiculously high compared to 1 handers. Not to say I felt almost invicible with a 140 range, nothing came even close to me.

The raw difference doesn't matter. If you're bad and you can't get to 180 STR I'm sorry, but that's not the problem of the game. I can get to 180 STR in 4th chapter and you get best ore weapons at end of ch5.
    I don't have any problem. I said two-handers are better than one-handers... two pages ago? Just read carefully and you won't have to whine you don't understand what everyone's talking about.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    So you think 2 handers are stronger than 1 handers but you'd like 2 handers to receive a 5-10% dmg buff? Ok, I think I've heard enough from you. The way you fuck yourself over... you aren't even worth arguing with.

Enjoy to be the first person on my ignore list

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...gnore&u=156083

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    So you think 2 handers are stronger than 1 handers but you'd like 2 handers to receive a 5-10% dmg buff? Ok, I think I've heard enough from you. The way you fuck yourself over... you aren't even worth arguing with.

Enjoy to be the first person on my ignore list

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...gnore&u=156083
    [Bild: 2477408-Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1_super.jpeg]

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    The way you fuck yourself over... you aren't even worth arguing with.
    Yea...it's awesome how you are so good at this game, and others suck and can't have they'r point of view.
    If you even try to look the other way...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Bad vibes around here. Please don't proceed with further insults or such like.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Yea...it's awesome how you are so good at this game, and others suck and can't have they'r point of view.
    Opinions don't have anything to do with one-handed or two-handed being stronger. Its a FACT that 2 hander is stronger.

Its just PB's way of thinking I guess. Even in Gothic 1 at start you could only learn 1h skill(10, 20 LP) and only later you can learn 2h which costs considerably more(30, 40 LP). Also the strongest in game weapons are 2 handers, both in G1 and 2. So its obvious PB's logic is that 1h swords are to be used at start, by newbies and then when you get enough level and strength you should start using stronger, 2h swords.

If there is a way to fix that is to give f.e. a 2 handed heavy branch and some other low-tier 2h weapons. Not give already overpowered 2h weapons even MORE damage.

If he said two-handers are more/less fun I wouldn't have said anything cause THAT IS a matter of an opinion.

I'm not allowed to drop the F-bomb?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Opinions don't have anything to do with one-handed or two-handed being stronger. Its a FACT that 2 hander is stronger.

Its just PB's way of thinking I guess. Even in Gothic 1 at start you could only learn 1h skill(10, 20 LP) and only later you can learn 2h which costs considerably more(30, 40 LP). Also the strongest in game weapons are 2 handers, both in G1 and 2. So its obvious PB's logic is that 1h swords are to be used at start, by newbies and then when you get enough level and strength you should start using stronger, 2h swords.

If there is a way to fix that is to give f.e. a 2 handed heavy branch and some other low-tier 2h weapons. Not give already overpowered 2h weapons even MORE damage.

If he said two-handers are more/less fun I wouldn't have said anything cause THAT IS a matter of an opinion.

I'm not allowed to drop the F-bomb?
    All of it has already been said. Pages ago, might I add...

You're too lazy, or at least I hope it's laziness, to read what others and I have said, I'm too lazy to explain any more. How about we just sit and wait for Ironbear's next question if he has one, as this is his thread anyway?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    swearing is hardly the problem when a good discussion tends to be suffocated by condescension and refusal/inability/lack of desire to understand what the others say before it has even started

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72

SkullX ist offline
    In Gothic 1 yes, the ideea was to start as 1h and finish with 2, but that was also for playing the game with all that offers.

Here we talk about Gothic 2 WHICH has nothing to do with start with X and get to Y. Gothic 2 has no THAT is more powerful than THAT, might I tell you that bow is better than 1h and 2h at all, so here you go.

If you consider 1h is stronger, it IS, if you consider 2h is then that is, so don't make aberrations if someone tells you 1h is better, cuz as they see it it is. If you like 2h then it is better, that is your and only your oppinion sir.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    SkullX You need to learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

OPINION is an individual's subjective perceiving of things while FACTS are objectively true and unbiased by someone's mind or feelings.

F.e. "Spiked club is a stronger weapon than heavy branch" is a FACT because they both require 10 strength yet spiked club has superior damage(and prob range).

"Heavy branch is more fun to use than Spiked Club" is an OPINION.

Get it now? They can see it as more fun to use(like I like 1handers) but its a pure fact that one thing has better DPS/range/etc combination than other.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    OPINION is an individual's subjective perceiving of things while FACTS are objectively true and unbiased by someone's mind or feelings.

F.e. "Spiked club is a stronger weapon than heavy branch" is a FACT because they both require 10 strength yet spiked club has superior damage(and prob range).
    Ehh...

No. "Spiked club has superior damage" is a fact. "Spiked club is a stronger weapon than heavy branch" is an opinion, even when using your own definition. To state a fact, one mustn't use subjective vocabulary, otherwise the said fact, even if valid, becomes an opinion due to wider spectrum of definitions for words that can be interpreted as subjective, e.g. "strong" (in the context of weaponry: difficult to inflict physical harm upon, difficult to scratch, break, destroy; also the meaning which you seem to be trying to imply: "of superior damage, quality", is completely invalid in this context, as "of superior strength" is just plain dumb, because weapons do not have muscles and therefore strength - yet they do have strengths and weaknesses), "better" (in the context of weaponry: of superior quality, damage, DPS ratio, looks compared to another object). Because everyone here, including you, used such subjective vocabulary, everyone stated their opinions, not facts.

To compare the said spiked club to heavy branch in a completely unbiased manner, would be to do so by comparison of their own stats (and never their looks): value of damage, value of strength required, damage per second ratio, damage per strength required ratio, range, price.

Can we go back to on-topic now? Or you still feel like trying to prove you have what it takes to act condescendingly?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    User style is likely underrated; all I know is I get beat up badly with two-handers but don't with one-handers. For me, they are better. For someone else, likely the majority, they are not.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76
    Apprentice Avatar von Ironbear

Ironbear ist offline
    That stone dragon fight was really silly. So how exactly does one kill him in melee without using some sort of cheese summon to divert that firebreath knockback? I spent like half an hour trying to get right timing but it seems impossible, at least with 2H. So I just summoned a golem and killed the dragon in couple of hits, but it felt really cheap. Also, what dragon would just sit there with "come at me bro" on his snout and act as a fire turret instead of, well, flying and generally being an attack helicopter but with napalm.

That's what dragons do, right?
    Geändert von Ironbear (01.03.2013 um 09:12 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77

SkullX ist offline
    Bow's still do high damage/can't be blocked. Win.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ironbear Beitrag anzeigen
    That stone dragon fight was really silly. So how exactly does one kill him in melee without using some sort of cheese summon to divert that firebreath knockback? I spent like half an hour trying to get right timing but it seems impossible, at least with 2H. So I just summoned a golem and killed the dragon in couple of hits, but it felt really cheap. Also, what dragon would just sit there with "come at me bro" on his snout and act as a fire turret instead of, well, flying and generally being an attack helicopter but with napalm.

That's what dragons do, right?
    I completely agree with all of that. Its hard to even get some hits in as a melee and they regen it all anyway. So yeah, you can either:

1. Ice block/wave
    2. Summon demon/skeleton/etc
    3. Kill a dragon with a bow, as SkullX said, bows are the strongest weapon in G2.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    Ranger Avatar von guru666

guru666 ist offline
    1. ice block won't work on dragons in Gothic 2 NotR, ice wave will.
    2. use a demon spell scroll, 1 demon can kill a dragon.
    3. in gothic 1-2 crossbows are much better then bows : they have same fire rate, and crossbow has better dmg, not like in G3.
    4. in gothic 1,2,3 spells are the most powerfull "weapons"
    5. #4. is my opinion only because there are some rly good spells with AOE dmg. not like bows,xbows, one handers / two handers (except in gothic 3 )

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    or shrink ;d ;d

Seite 4 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »