Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 102
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ironbear Beitrag anzeigen

About lighthouse: yeah, I realized that my "clever" tactics won't work this time and I get onehit in melee while doing absolutely no damage. So I'll just get back to that one later. It wouldn't hurt though if there was some sort of indication for what level a quest is meant, like green/yellow/red system in some MMO games so you don't waste time trying and then realize it's just impossible for your character at that point.
    I like not knowing - its like, "oh, oh, this beast is TOUGH! Better hit the after burners" Later, most (except those darn overpowered wolves) will be easy (but of course, by then there are undead things).

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lordhoff Beitrag anzeigen
    I like not knowing - its like, "oh, oh, this beast is TOUGH! Better hit the after burners" Later, most (except those darn overpowered wolves) will be easy (but of course, by then there are undead things).
    absolutely agree with that! I'd wish to forget somehow everything I know about Gothic1 or 2notr and play it again as for the first time
    sometimes I get that feeling with bigger mods for a game
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually you can know. There is usually an indicator on how hard it is to pickpocket a person. So if it says f.e. its easy or child's play it is directly related to how much dexterity you must have to pickpocked a person.
    Of course I knew that but what I meant is that there is always an indicator depending on dex that means you might succeed or you might fail. So you can't always know for sure.

IMO strength character is balanced well throughout the whole game while dexterity-based char is a little weaker than strength based until he starts taking all potions and dex buffs and gets dragon bow(160 dex needed), then dex char is the strongest. Everything, even the dragons just... DIES
    I agree. Strength based is the easiest at first and not that overpowered as you push through the game. Dex has two main advantages: you can focus on bow for the first part of the game and then you get the claw which does a lot of magical damage that doesn't really care for your 1H skill or strength so you do a lot of damage as melee but you always have the ranged option as well. And then there is the mage that is a nightmare at first but as usually overpowered at the latest stages.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Apprentice Avatar von Ironbear

Ironbear ist offline
    Me again, guys help me understand something about G2 combat mechanics. Correct me if I'm wrong about something here: crits are based on my weapon skill %, and when a hit crits it adds STR into the damage and compares the number against victim's armor value. Without crit it's raw weapon damage. Now the question: why to bother with two-handed weapons then? Weapon's damage is, from what I could tell, in most cases equal to STR required to wield it, so 2H doesn't have higher damage. It also swings way slower = less hits = less crits thus less overall damage. What am I missing here? Is range the only advantage of 2H? It also strikes me that 2H, due to way longer swing animations, have it way harder to block at right time, once they commit to a swing it's quite easy to get a get full two-three hit combo in the face because you can't stop the animations and start blocking.

The reason I'm wondering about this is because I'm feeling that my damage is seriously lacking considering my level (17, 54% in 2H, 77 STR, using Light Two-Hander), ie. it's quite a gamble when I fight a seeker 1/1, 50% of the time he burns down my hp before I can cut him down with dozens of hits I need for that.

Also, bit of update on my progress: it happened that I got to Eye of Innos at night, the battle in that forest was pretty spectacular, darkness, trees, red light from time to time revealing hooded outlines and lots of fireballs after that.
    Geändert von Ironbear (26.02.2013 um 06:28 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    The damage that you normally do is made up of weapon damage+your strength. Critical hits multiply this damage by 10. Two-handed swords have a greater reach which is a good advantage, and later on in the game you will find that they deal much more damage than one-handed swords
    You're actually geared quite well for your well, perhaps you should have a bit more strength to get better swords

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ironbear Beitrag anzeigen
    Me again, guys help me understand something about G2 combat mechanics. Correct me if I'm wrong about something here: crits are based on my weapon skill %, and when a hit crits it adds STR into the damage and compares the number against victim's armor value. Without crit it's raw weapon damage. Now the question: why to bother with two-handed weapons then?
    Good question. The primary advantage of two-handed weapons over one-handed weapons is reach. The longer the weapon, the easier you can keep enemies at bay while simultaneously laying a beating on them. This implicit advantage is useful against a wide range of beasts and clumsy humanoids.
    Geändert von Bastardo (26.02.2013 um 11:03 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    You're level 17 in 3rd chapter? You should be AT LEAST level 25-30. It isn't a problem of one-handed or two-handed here. Actually 2 handeds are stronger than one handers but that's completely irrelevant if you're heavily underleveled. Do some easy quests, kill animals, gain levels somehow. If you're trying to rush NotR by just doing the main quests and not exploring it'll only get harder and harder over time, when it should actually become easier as time goes.
    Geändert von MikeLitoris (26.02.2013 um 15:04 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28

Ironbear ist offline
    You're level 17 in 3rd chapter? You should be AT LEAST level 25-30.
    Huh? That's rather impossible, I completed pretty much all sidequests available and actually did some quite heavy grinding in attempt to overlevel myself a bit, ie. killed 80% of orcs in the Valley using Diego. And I keep killing all mobs I see, even though that feels like I was playing some crappy MMO game (but I'm ejoying all fights because of combat system so that's no biggy).
    Geändert von Ironbear (26.02.2013 um 16:02 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    you are fine
    you have not been to jharkendar yet, which will add some levels, and yes that is rather impossible according to my standards and iI never bother killing every mob I see

what you have missed in the beginning i guess was to do all the quests possible before joining a guild

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Hello Ironbear and welcome to the forums

about the donations to statue of Innos. You won't get infinite amounts of hp/stats, each class has it's own "limit" for stats gained through donations (I really forgot how big they were since I haven't played for a long time).

Preserve those goblin berries/dragonroots and learn how to brew dex/str potions (later) as you will gain nice amount of dex/str that way.

As I can see you are going for 2h weapons. Strongest 2h weapon requires somewhere around 160 str (if I remember well) so you will need to stock up on LPs

Strength determines your melee damage while dexterity determines your damage with ranged weapons and chance of success when pick-pocketing/lock-picking.

Get around 60-64% 2-handed weapons mastery and the rest you should be able to increase via tablets/a book bonus (+5 (5k gold ) and your sword (if you are a mercenary, you will be able to craft swords that give you +10 to mastery in the end)

Good luck and have a great... no, have an awesome time playing this game and exploring it's wonders. It is worth the play, and whenever you need an advice feel free to ask (if you are stuck with a quest, try to solve it by your own, the feeling will be more complete )

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    oh and the damage calculation (i have read about it on this same forum), it went like that [(strength + weapon damage)/10 - armor] on a normal hit and [(strength + weapon damage) - armor] on a critical, crits multiply your damage by 10 only in respect to your normal/''reduced'' damage, otherwise each opponent would have had a ridiculous amount of hp

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    oh and the damage calculation (i have read about it on this same forum), it went like that [(strength + weapon damage)/10 - armor] on a normal hit and [(strength + weapon damage) - armor] on a critical, crits multiply your damage by 10 only in respect to your normal/''reduced'' damage, otherwise each opponent would have had a ridiculous amount of hp
    Yup, while bows/crossbows always deal critical strikes so it's dex + wep dmg - armor (arrow protection).
    magic: magic damage (scroll/rune) - armor (magic protection). Too bad that there is no damage over time like in Gothic 1 (fireball etc)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Oh if he hasn't been to Jharkendar yet then that explains a part of it. But still, he should be at least lvl 20. I don't know how the hell is he lvl 17. I was lvl 14-16 at end of ch1 before entering ch2 FFS.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34

Ironbear ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    Good luck and have a great... no, have an awesome time playing this game and exploring it's wonders. It is worth the play, and whenever you need an advice feel free to ask (if you are stuck with a quest, try to solve it by your own, the feeling will be more complete )
    Thanks! I'm ejoying the game a lot, even though it feels really rough on the edges here and there, but it's nice to play a game that doesn't babysit you all the time and where you don't kill dragons 20 mins in.

Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    Hm, are you sure about this formula? That would mean if I have 70 weapon protection enemy would need to do 701 normal damage for non-crit to do anything at all. Orcs do hurt me when hitting normally (unless they have 100% skill and all those are crits) and they use weapons that do 120 damage, so they would have at least 581 STR?

Edit: Unless armor reduction is percentage too instead of flat number. That would make some sense, actually. But then why would there be armors that have over 100 prot?

Regardless, that was my point about one-handed weapons, from what I could tell so far the only hits that really do anything serious are crits, so in theory a one-handed weapon delivers more crits because it's faster. I'll just go and test this by revamping my character with /insert ch and see how it feels like.

Preserve those goblin berries/dragonroots and learn how to brew dex/str potions (later) as you will gain nice amount of dex/str that way.
    I'm about to buy the recipe actually, I saved the LP for it already.

Get around 60-64% 2-handed weapons mastery and the rest you should be able to increase via tablets
    Will do, I have all Khorinis 2H tablets sitting in my backpack, I'll do my best to head to Jhand...Jherk... eh, expansion world to utilize those.
    Geändert von Ironbear (26.02.2013 um 18:48 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Orc Warrior has 100 strength (http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic2/?go=addonmonster)
    heavy orc axe does 70 damage (http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic2/?go=addonwaffen)

so i guess they crit all the time and do 100 damage per hit (-70 armor)
    at lvl 17 you could have around 400hp so an orc warrior should kill you in ~4 hits; if that is not true than they mus have their own system for crit/normal hit

someone could just check the scripts i guess but I am too lazy

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36

Zeri0n ist offline
    Orcs don't crit 100% of the time, their skill is actually at "fighter" (between 30 and 60%)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    then there must be a minimum damage per hit that scales somehow
    (they also have 150 armor so it would be impossible for a normal hit to damage them)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    It's (weapon damage + STR - target's protection)/10 for normal hits. Crits are normal hits multiplied by 10.

The mastery percentage for melee weapons describes your chance to land a critical strike, while for ranged it's your chance to hit your target at all at some range - the further your target, the lower the chance, so even with 100% in bow mastery, your accuracy won't be flawless at max bow range.
    Ranged damage formula is just weapon damage + DEX - target's protection, no crits ever occur.

Upon a successful hit with either kind of weapon, you always deal or receive minor damage - 5, I think it was.

One-handers are faster, therefore your over-all damage per second ratio is the higher the lower your mastery compared to two-handers. The higher your mastery with two-handers, the better they are than one-handers with equal mastery - because you can strike your target sooner due to much better reach, and because by the end of the game you won't need more than two or three hits to kill someone, while the weaker targets will die upon one hit. If you have a one-hander with 100% mastery, you'll still need to get close enough to your target and make sure your combo of those 4-5 hits doesn't get interrupted by other guys who are swarming you.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39

Ironbear ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von asddsa Beitrag anzeigen
    It's (weapon damage + STR - target's protection)/10 for normal hits. Crits are normal hits multiplied by 10.
    I see, makes sense now.

Zitat Zitat von asddsa Beitrag anzeigen
    One-handers are faster, therefore your over-all damage per second ratio is the higher the lower your mastery compared to two-handers. The higher your mastery with two-handers, the better they are than one-handers with equal mastery - because you can strike your target sooner due to much better reach, and because by the end of the game you won't need more than two or three hits to kill someone, while the weaker targets will die upon one hit. If you have a one-hander with 100% mastery, you'll still need to get close enough to your target and make sure your combo of those 4-5 hits doesn't get interrupted by other guys who are swarming you.
    So in other words at lower levels one handers actually do deal way more damage. I'll grit my teeth then and continue with 2H, more points for style too, although that 4th move in master combo is rather ridiculous.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40

Zeri0n ist offline
    To be honest, that is one thing that I disliked about Gothic 2. 2 handlers are way slower but not that much more powerful than 1 handlers. Strongest 2 handed weapon (and axe, 200 dmg, but short range, so beter is dragon slicer 190 dmg) isn't that stronger than strongest 1 handed weapon (dragon slayer's 1 handler 160 dmg)....

Seite 2 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »