Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter Avatar von 4ltair

4ltair ist offline

Question [G1] Help to permanently delete a VOB from a .zen file

Hello,

I am fiddling around with some ideas for Gothic 1 and I've encountered a problem:
    I am trying to delete some original VOBs from the game (some plants, to be more precise)
    and i am sure that i am forgetting something because the Spacer does not save my modifications.
    This is what i am doing:
    1. Load the .zen in Spacer
    2. From the VOB object list, i select and delete (with Del key) the VOB i want to delete
    3. Save the .zen file (compiled ASCI)
    4. When i reload the .zen file I've saved earlier, the item that i deleted is still there

I appreciate any ideas and help on this matter.
    Thanks in advance.

L.E:

Found a workaround for this: modify the .zen and then save it under a different name.
    Geändert von 4ltair (23.02.2013 um 20:14 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Hi!

Zitat Zitat von 4ltair Beitrag anzeigen
    2. From the VOB object list, i select and delete (with Del key) the VOB i want to delete
    Just an idea, try to mark the plant you want to remove in the spacer window and delete it there.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Fighter Avatar von 4ltair

4ltair ist offline
    @WernerTWC

If you only select the VOB in the VOBlist, you won't be able to delete it until you select the Spacer main window. As a workaround, i discovered that if i save the zen that i've modified under a different name, all the changes are preserved and that works well enough for me. Thanks for the input, nonetheless .