Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 51
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nero Leto Beitrag anzeigen
    what law is that then? ive never heared of that before
    surely, as a student, you could apply to a german university and thus avoid any sorts of work-restrictions?
    Last time I checked(december 2012), when it comes to international students one cannot work more than 80 hours through his entire course of studying. I can't afford not to work if I went abroad, my parents aren't rich enough to provide that much.
    Hopefully, as I also read, this law will be discarded soon.

I've also talked to two people who live in Germany regarding that restriction. They confirmed it. Who knows, I might be wrong... but I've read it on several websites and heard it from people who live there so I don't know.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.

Rashnu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von LastKnownMeal Beitrag anzeigen
    So I want to start learning German
    What's your native tongue?

Have you tried playing Piranha Bytes Gothic games in German, especially G1 and G2 + NotR? It's certainly fun and that should help matters a lot.^^ On second thought, maybe not. With all that cursing you might pick up all the wrong pieces.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Ritter Avatar von sojuicy

sojuicy ist offline
    If you want to study in Germany and you are already a student you can apply for a scolarship from the Erasmus Programme. There are some regulations, but if I look at my university in Germany there are a lot of Erasmus students, so it can't be that bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_Programme
    There are further links at the bottom of the article.

So there are work restrictions, yes, but you get money as well.

OP can at least keep this in mind, even if he doesn't study or wants to travel on his own - maybe he changes his mind in the future. The biggest advantage of programmes like that is, that you have at least some guidance.

Zitat Zitat von Rashnu Beitrag anzeigen

Have you tried playing Piranha Bytes Gothic games in German, especially G1 and G2 + NotR? It's certainly fun and that should help matters a lot.^^ On second thought, maybe not. With all that cursing you might pick up all the wrong pieces.
    Hey Rashnu. Nice to see you again.
    (ancariziel here; I guess you don't recognize this account/nick)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Voodoo Child  Avatar von Nero Leto

Nero Leto ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Last time I checked(december 2012), when it comes to international students one cannot work more than 80 hours through his entire course of studying. I can't afford not to work if I went abroad, my parents aren't rich enough to provide that much.
    Hopefully, as I also read, this law will be discarded soon.

I've also talked to two people who live in Germany regarding that restriction. They confirmed it. Who knows, I might be wrong... but I've read it on several websites and heard it from people who live there so I don't know.
    i see! this doesnt exist in englan does it? i have been studying here for at least 8 years (uni and college included) and never had that problem - though i only worked part time.

you know, germany is not the only german speaking country
    check if austria and/or switzerland have the same restricition. personally, i am from austria, and i can tell you, its a pretty little place

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline

I played them in German. Felt absolutely wrong. Just... like I was playing something masquerading as something else. Didn't much enjoy it.

But I did very much enjoy Aus dem Leben eines Diebes, or whatever it was called.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Is there anyway I could get German audio with an English copy of the game?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.

Rashnu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheForever Beitrag anzeigen
    I played them in German. Felt absolutely wrong. Just... like I was playing something masquerading as something else. Didn't much enjoy it.
    It felt wrong? How could that be?

I can tell from experience G1 and G2 & NotR enjoy an excellent German voice recording. The voice actors are top notch and deliver their lines superbly. On the other hand the English sound recording is 2nd best at most.
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28

ICFabian ist offline
    I can tell from experience
    Which is personal and not universally the same. But I'm sure you know that, and can therefore understand what I mean by "it felt wrong"

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29

Rashnu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheForever Beitrag anzeigen
    Which is personal and not universally the same. But I'm sure you know that, and can therefore understand what I mean by "it felt wrong"
    Your assessment might be personally. The public verdict is crystal clear. The early Gothic games by Piranha Bytes came with an extraordinary good German voice acting. The English versions are of poor quality compared to the original. BTW, in early 2001 it was quite unusual to have full voice recordings for every dialogue in the game. The US publisher back then didn't put much effort in the voice over and it shows.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30

ICFabian ist offline
    The public verdict is crystal clear.
    >assuming public verdicts are not just personal verdicts

Uh? Argumentum ad populum?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31

Nero Leto ist offline
    what made gothic such a great game to me was the atmosphere it projected through the fantastic voice recordings. my god, i never played a game as good as gothic since then.

anyways, we have drifted off quite a bit. learning german it was?
    i can just repeat what i said. go abroad, either to study, or to live with with a family, or both.

what is also very helpful is having a girlfriend (of course, for our female memebers - having a boyfriend or whatever your preference may be) of the given country - though one can not entirely rely on this method

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline

My native is Bosnian language and yes that is a good way becuase I did learn english from games and movies. And I also hired a teacher to help me out a little bit. Gut so weit! (I hope that I said this good)
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33

Rashnu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von LastKnownMeal Beitrag anzeigen
    My native is Bosnian language and yes that is a good way becuase I did learn english from games and movies.
    Well, that should make it a bit easier for you compared to neighbours who might only speak Croatian or Serbian. Wikipedia tells us:

The Bosnian language also contains a number of Germanisms not often heard in Croatian or Serbian that have been in use since the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
    Movies and your preferred TV series might also be a good start for learning a foreign language. If you love TV series like Star Trek e.g. then you should have no trouble getting a dubbed version in German. If you know the series plot already you could pick up the new language by listening to your favourite pasttime. Win-win.^^ Deutsche Welle may be available in your country too. Worth a try.
    Geändert von Rashnu (27.02.2013 um 00:56 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline
    Movies and your preferred TV series might also be a good start for learning a foreign language. If you love TV series like Star Trek e.g. than you should have no trouble getting a dubbed version in German. If you know the series plot already you could pick up the new language by listening to your favourite pasttime. Win-win.^^ Deutsche Welle may be available in your country too. Worth a try.
    Yep there is Deutsche Welle in my country, how did you know? Where are you from anyway?
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz

Powaz ist offline
    I need to force myself to learn for testDAF.

Anyway the best way to learn German is to read Kant's 'Kritik der reinen Vernunft' or Hegel's 'Wissenschaft der Logik'. In other words, learning by pain.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36

Rashnu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyway the best way to learn German is to read Kant's 'Kritik der reinen Vernunft' or Hegel's 'Wissenschaft der Logik'.
    Great idea and good luck with that. These two are probably the most difficult texts written in German. If you find one in a thousand native speakers who could make head or tail of it then you've hit the jackpot.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37

Nero Leto ist offline

Anyway the best way to learn German is to read Kant's 'Kritik der reinen Vernunft' or Hegel's 'Wissenschaft der Logik'. In other words, learning by pain.
    the first book i read when learning french was 'le petit prince'.. just as challenging

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38

ICFabian ist offline

Why should it be a pain? Learning a language should be exciting no matter the text studied. Whether it's boring or convoluted is beside the point, the sheer fact that it's in another language and you can actually understand its meaning is exhilarating regardless of its content.

Matthew Arnold's views on criticism are usually boring as shit, but his texts are still fun to read... in a twisted way.

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    I'd like to learn some German down the line... they seem like they're a bunch of hard asses but I don't know... it just feels like the right step forward, beyond basic English (Engrish). I'm not really into the whole language thing, I'd just like to understand people outside my little box when they talk. Or maybe Dutch. Call me superficial and prejudiced, but that seems like a good country for me to call home.
    Just thinking aloud.
    Geändert von Bastardo (10.03.2013 um 00:27 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40

Nero Leto ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd like to learn some German down the line... they seem like they're a bunch of hard asses but I don't know... it just feels like the right step forward, beyond basic English (Engrish). I'm not really into the whole language thing, I'd just like to understand people outside my little box when they talk. Or maybe Dutch. Call me superficial and prejudiced, but that seems like a good country for me to call home.
    Just thinking aloud.
    I always found Belgium a very interesting country when it comes to languages. The country is such a melting pot of languages, which I think is wonderful. I believe people there learn Flamisch, English and French at school, and some (depending on where you live in Belgium) learn Dutch and German aswell. Fantastic.

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »