Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 51
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline

Learning German/Deutsch

Hello people,

So I want to start learning German but I can't find a good tutorial online, does anyone have a link or a video to a good German language class?
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Find something online about German grammar and start from there. It helps if you're good with linguistics. Then get a basic vocabulary, and then start reading/listening/watching.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Zitat Zitat von TudoracheForever Beitrag anzeigen
    Find something online about German grammar and start from there. It helps if you're good with linguistics. Then get a basic vocabulary, and then start reading/listening/watching.
    Okay, will do that. Thank you!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    And ofc watch Cobra 11

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    And ofc watch Cobra 11
    I have never seen a show except this one that manages to make the German highway a dangerous place.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    And ofc watch Cobra 11
    I did I watched every season of that show. Intro is amazing!!!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Voodoo Child  Avatar von Nero Leto

Nero Leto ist offline
    Hey, good to hear that you are trying to learn a different language - german is apparently a quite tricky one to learn (i am a native and find myself struggling from time to time myself ). though you know what? what had always helped me best with learning a new language was actually spending time in the given country. you may not be able to speak much at first, if anything, however just soaking up the culture, learning from the people, and hearing the language every day, helps tons - your brain adjusts quicker than you think.

i spent a while in france last summer - for the same reason - at first i was struggling to communicate with anyone. and knowing the french, most didnt appreciate me speaking english to them, so i spent days just saying je ne suis pas? though by the end of my trip, i literally could pick out sentences, and make sense of certain things people said. so it is possible.

and if you dont wanna travel, then just make use of our german community in the forum. (that is, obviously aside of your ther routine of learning grammer through a book or online guide) you could, if you find it helpful, just read a bit into some conversations in the german speaking sections. you will find just reading and seeing the different language can aid your learning of the language. though alot of dedication is needed

anyways, good luck mate

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ritter Avatar von sojuicy

sojuicy ist offline
    As a native German speaker I can not fully comprehend the difficulties of the german laguage, because you just learn it while you are growing up, but I am partially teaching German in China to students who already have reached a basic level.

I can just give you one tip. Don't try it on your own, when you start. It's really hard to learn a language without any basis, and it is especially hard to maintain your motivation (if it's not for a future job or necessary for something else). You have to learn a lot of vocabulary and you have to remember at least basic Grammar. The good news is, that German is not that different from English and you have some similarities. So it could be much more difficult.

Try to participate in an introduction course for German language; maybe you have some possibilities at the university of your hometown or try to find some kind of learning partners who learn with you. But I highly recommend a teacher to teach you at least the basics. After that it should be easy to read german texts and by time you will get the more complex grammar. The most important thing is, that you understand at least the words.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Zitat Zitat von Nero Leto Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, good to hear that you are trying to learn a different language - german is apparently a quite tricky one to learn (i am a native and find myself struggling from time to time myself ). though you know what? what had always helped me best with learning a new language was actually spending time in the given country. you may not be able to speak much at first, if anything, however just soaking up the culture, learning from the people, and hearing the language every day, helps tons - your brain adjusts quicker than you think.

i spent a while in france last summer - for the same reason - at first i was struggling to communicate with anyone. and knowing the french, most didnt appreciate me speaking english to them, so i spent days just saying je ne suis pas? though by the end of my trip, i literally could pick out sentences, and make sense of certain things people said. so it is possible.

and if you dont wanna travel, then just make use of our german community in the forum. (that is, obviously aside of your ther routine of learning grammer through a book or online guide) you could, if you find it helpful, just read a bit into some conversations in the german speaking sections. you will find just reading and seeing the different language can aid your learning of the language. though alot of dedication is needed

anyways, good luck mate
    Thanks man, I will try that method maybe go to my aunt in Munchen on summer break.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Zitat Zitat von sojuicy Beitrag anzeigen
    As a native German speaker I can not fully comprehend the difficulties of the german laguage, because you just learn it while you are growing up, but I am partially teaching German in China to students who already have reached a basic level.

I can just give you one tip. Don't try it on your own, when you start. It's really hard to learn a language without any basis, and it is especially hard to maintain your motivation (if it's not for a future job or necessary for something else). You have to learn a lot of vocabulary and you have to remember at least basic Grammar. The good news is, that German is not that different from English and you have some similarities. So it could be much more difficult.

Try to participate in an introduction course for German language; maybe you have some possibilities at the university of your hometown or try to find some kind of learning partners who learn with you. But I highly recommend a teacher to teach you at least the basics. After that it should be easy to read german texts and by time you will get the more complex grammar. The most important thing is, that you understand at least the words.
    Thank you for the tips, I will try to watch german movies, tv shows etc. and even go to Germany a little bit, and hire a teacher. People ask me why do I want to learn German, for me German is really cool, its hard to learn but I will give my best.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

sojuicy ist offline
    You can cite more than one post at once, if you click on the small plus beside the post numbers in the top-right corner.

As far as German TV goes … I don't really like it and german tv is not that good as for example american tv-shows. I guess it's because of the low budget or whatever. Usually they just show american shows with German dub and I don't know any 'legal' websites, where you can watch them.

But you can find some more or less good programs at the websites of every TV-channel. For example:
    http://videos.arte.tv/de/videos (which is one of the few good channels - in cooperation with french tv, but every show you find on that website is german)

I guess if you don't understand any German at all, it is a little bit pointless to watch german tv-shows right now, but just for future reference.

It's btw allways nice to hear, that somebody wants to learn German.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    It would seem that you have caught the attention of The Bananus Tree, who is willing to part some of his exceptional knowledge of German with you. Consider yourself highly privileged. Read the information. Understand the information. Accept the information as a new part of you

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

En trotten wie Curus von der Ausphallus zu liegen. Und oder? Haben wir dans le sparm oft achtung. Ein Position geschäft

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

sojuicy ist offline
    The information doesn't make any sense at all. At least not in German.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

TudoracheMG ist offline
    That's because you have only read it from a phonological point of view

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    That's because you have only read it from a phonological point of view
    To understand its meaning you must unlock level 3 s-selectional derivatives, and then derive the derivatives and obtain clear constituent partitions without having applied affix-hopping rules.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Precisely. And you may only get those competences if you are willing to embrace the greatest linguist in the world that is The Bananus Tree

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

Zitat Zitat von sojuicy Beitrag anzeigen
    You can cite more than one post at once, if you click on the small plus beside the post numbers in the top-right corner.

As far as German TV goes … I don't really like it and german tv is not that good as for example american tv-shows. I guess it's because of the low budget or whatever. Usually they just show american shows with German dub and I don't know any 'legal' websites, where you can watch them.

But you can find some more or less good programs at the websites of every TV-channel. For example:
    http://videos.arte.tv/de/videos (which is one of the few good channels - in cooperation with french tv, but every show you find on that website is german)

I guess if you don't understand any German at all, it is a little bit pointless to watch german tv-shows right now, but just for future reference.

It's btw allways nice to hear, that somebody wants to learn German.
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    It would seem that you have caught the attention of The Bananus Tree, who is willing to part some of his exceptional knowledge of German with you. Consider yourself highly privileged. Read the information. Understand the information. Accept the information as a new part of you

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

En trotten wie Curus von der Ausphallus zu liegen. Und oder? Haben wir dans le sparm oft achtung. Ein Position geschäft

1. Well I did watch few German shows like, Alarm fur Cobra 11 and Coast Watch or something like that. And thank you for the link.

2. Damn thats a really tricky sentence.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nero Leto Beitrag anzeigen
    I wish traveling around was free. That's the best method for learning a language as far as I'm concerned.
    I'd have gone to Germany if there wasn't this tedious law regarding University studends and working hours. It's so limited... too bad I don't have any friends or relatives I could stay with.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Voodoo Child  Avatar von Nero Leto

Nero Leto ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd have gone to Germany if there wasn't this tedious law regarding University studends and working hours. .
    what law is that then? ive never heared of that before
    surely, as a student, you could apply to a german university and thus avoid any sorts of work-restrictions?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    I wish traveling around was free. That's the best method for learning a language as far as I'm concerned.
    I'd have gone to Germany if there wasn't this tedious law regarding University studends and working hours. It's so limited...
    Only until the end of this year.

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »