Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline

Heavy chest cheat run

I know there are all those maps and such, but I must have skipped some heavy chests and I am just not extraordinarily eager, to say the least, to waste more time than I already have to run back and forth checking every single chest in the game to find out which I had missed.

Does anyone know a command that would let me jump to the closest/next/random/any heavy chest? Like the "goto" cheat you use to teleport to a specified NPC? I don't really want to spawn them in front of me, nor do I care much about the items inside... I just want to know which ones I overlooked.

Sorry if I'm repeating an already existing thread, but, surprisingly, I haven't found one.

/edit
    Er, oh yeah. I mean Gothic 3, 1.74 version.
    Geändert von asddsa (18.02.2013 um 03:12 Uhr) Grund: Alzheimer's

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von KeeperUTX

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Young warrior, thoust cannot merely cheateth your way to power, thine power must be earned!

Or, in layman's terms: Cheating is for chumps who dislike exploring. I only cheated after beating the game in v1.60 to get two fire swords and then I kicked everyone's ass for a little bit.

Now I'm using 1.74, like you But as I yet again start my quest to become the ultimate battle mage, or even an Archmagus, I'm still willing to pick every chest in the three regions to get old quips back.

But here's a tip. The very instant you enter a town start looking for the teleporter stone. That way you won't have to walk from the Monastery down to Ishtar just to get to a heavy chest.
    The English WoG is NOT dead, my friends!
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ asddsa:
    You can't jump to a certain heavy chest since the vast majority of the such chests have the same identifier:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_Unique_Weapon

Therefore the goto console command allow to jump to the closest heavy chest only. The same can be told and about the old, large and solid metal chests:
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Unique_Mage
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Unique_Gold
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_XXL

AFAIK exceptions from the this rule are a quest Ali's, Tjalf's and Esiel's chests only:
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_Ali
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_Tjalf
    Esiel_Chest

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KeeperUTX Beitrag anzeigen
    Young warrior, thoust cannot merely cheateth your way to power, thine power must be earned!

Or, in layman's terms: Cheating is for chumps who dislike exploring. I only cheated after beating the game in v1.60 to get two fire swords and then I kicked everyone's ass for a little bit.

Now I'm using 1.74, like you :) But as I yet again start my quest to become the ultimate battle mage, or even an Archmagus, I'm still willing to pick every chest in the three regions to get old quips back.

But here's a tip. The very instant you enter a town start looking for the teleporter stone. That way you won't have to walk from the Monastery down to Ishtar just to get to a heavy chest.
    I don't need tips nor definition for cheating, I beat the game twice before :p
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    @ asddsa:
    You can't jump to a certain heavy chest since the vast majority of the such chests have the same identifier:
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_Unique_Weapon

Therefore the goto console command allow to jump to the closest heavy chest only. The same can be told and about the old, large and solid metal chests:
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Unique_Mage
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Unique_Gold
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_XXL

AFAIK exceptions from the this rule are a quest Ali's, Tjalf's and Esiel's chests only:
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_Ali
    G3_Object_Interact_Animated_Chest_Tjalf
    Esiel_Chest
    That's what I needed to know, thank you very much.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Adventurer Avatar von MrGookles

MrGookles ist offline
    You need to earn your chests, asddsa san. They will prove most difficult to acquire, but in the process you will hone your skills as a warrior. You will learn how to jump as a grasshopper, learn to strike as fast as a cobra and hit as strong as a bull. Patience, asddsa san, patience is a virtue.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    yeah spam the thread and annoy the person who asked a simple question, good going

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Apprentice

asddsa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MrGookles Beitrag anzeigen
    You need to earn your chests, asddsa san. They will prove most difficult to acquire, but in the process you will hone your skills as a warrior. You will learn how to jump as a grasshopper, learn to strike as fast as a cobra and hit as strong as a bull. Patience, asddsa san, patience is a virtue.
    I fooled around with getting all chests the old school way during my first two play-throughs, only to learn that the items I already had at the time were already better. It's rather disappointing that the best Nordmarian pure-ore two-hander to forge, even when sharpened and blessed, is much worse than a regular Krush Tarach before sharpening and blessing. And so is Wrath of Innos or what's its name... Now I'm just collecting items.

Eh, Gothic 3 is too much like TES with all its generic NPC's, items, chests, etc. The sole idea of it makes me not want to explore the world as much as I did in previous games.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    there is a code to get all the items in the game, why not just use it, it's somewhere on the site