Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 24
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Adventurer Avatar von MrGookles

MrGookles ist offline

G3's graphics and those of Skyrim

As the bloody title states it. I've had it up to here with the boosting that Skyrim has perfect graphics and such, and since the fools can accept that it does not comparing to other modern games, I came up with THIS!

[Bild: Myrtana_Forest_01.jpg]
    [Bild: skyrim_forest_web.jpg]

And now look at it... look at it and tell me if it ain't true! Who's got the more handcrafted landscapes, that are actually worth the damned holding of the W button, 'till your fingers turn numb. I doubt that I need to talk about the sunsets in G3... hell, the game might not have the story we expected, but Myrtana's one fine piece of a woman now.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I just... can't tell for sure which one is Gothic 3 and which one is Skyrim. The first one looks more realistic and smoother, 2nd one is just a bit worse so I'm guessing it is the Gothic one.

Definitely doesn't look like the time gap between those games is ~6 years.

More screenshots please.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Gothic 3 is the top picture and Skyrim is the bottom picture.

Gothic III was a good looking game especially for its time and it still is a lovely looking game especially with the PCGH ini(screenies).

Where is the Skyrim picture from? Console or PC?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    The first one is a promotional pic, as evinced in the SSAO effects and such. It is not an in-game screenshot of Gothic 3.

I can whip up an ENBed Skyrim picture any moment now and compare that to the promotional picture, and it'll be a little fairer.

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Forget about Gothic 3, whoever says the graphics of Skyrim are perfect has probably no idea of what they're talking about. Not that I care if people get an erection watching legitimately or less legitimately perfect graphics.

Also, one only needs to play both games to realize Gothic 3 isn't as advanced graphically as Skyrim, which is fair considering one is a random 2006 RPG and the other is the AAA 2011 RPG.
    Geändert von Bastardo (17.02.2013 um 19:09 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    whoever says the graphics of Skyrim are perfect has probably no idea of what they're talking about.
    Yeah, pretty much. Skyrim's pretty, but the prettiness is not so much in the glossy aftereffects as it is about the design itself. DOF and SSAO and such are nice to have, and I certainly enjoy them, but the setting counts as well.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Yeah, people see the pretty snowy mountains and they're sold. Hell, even I was surprised by the environment and started thinking Bethesda decided to get back on track on some non-gameplay aspects until I got to see the spits of design the game calls towns.
    Geändert von Bastardo (17.02.2013 um 20:17 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, they see the pretty snowy mountains and they're sold.
    ^.^ pretty snowy mountains. And ice fields, and seals, and fall forests, and open plains, and valleys and gorges, and lakes and rivers and waterfalls and~

okay i'm drooling now

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

MrGookles ist offline
    Faby... please. Those are enhancements and I can achieve the same with G3 if I wish to. And sure, both are promotional shots, though both of them are easy to achieve. And yes... I mean, the time gap between them... that says all.

... and I do believe the second one's PC. But I'm not sure, could be either PC or Consoles.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    DOF and SSAO and such are nice to have, and I certainly enjoy them, but the setting counts as well.
    I hate Depth of Field. It makes me feel like I have myopia. It doesn't enhance the immersion factor in any way.

Anyways, Skyrim didn't have a lot of graphical fidelity, neither did Gothic 3 from what i've seen.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Aside from Oblivion, name another RPG from 2006 that had the graphical potential of Gothic 3

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    IMO ,Gothic always had great graphics for it`s time. Even Gothic 1 had good graphics for it`s time compared to other games from 2000.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

MrGookles ist offline
    It had great graphics and was criticized for its high requirements... I remember those days very well ^^.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Skyrim is one of those games people made quite a fuss about but ended up being nothing too special.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    I think it did

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    gothic 1 and blade of darkness both came in 2001, but BoD have FAR superior graphics, and physics for it's time. the company spend 4 years making blade of darkness/Edge of Darkness.
    about gothic 3, it still looks awesome, even today.
    i play skyrim now days with Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC's and ofcourse skyrim looks much better,(especially with highres texture pack) but the ol' good gothic, never dies!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

MrGookles ist offline
    Well, as a local game reviewer, I must keep track of smaller details in games as well, as certainly Skyrim has better graphics then G3 and by the time span of 6 years, it is expected of it.

But Skyrim lacks the beauty that G3 has. I mean, the graphics of a 6 years old game, CAN be compared with Skyrim fairly, and let us forget the mods and all, and simply look at a game as it should be judged, out of the box.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Skyrim is one of those games people made quite a fuss about but ended up being nothing too special.
    Honestly, sounds like most games. However, Skyrim did do some of the things it promised, such as hundreds of hours of play-time (not including the endless generator-made quests) and the ability to suck the player in time and time again. The latter is of course subjective, but at least I get caught up in the world every now and again although I think I've seen all the game has to give and my current char is of such a high level that there's not much challenge left.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

ICFabian ist offline

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

MrGookles ist offline
    With an open-world RPG come big problems concerning the immersion and storytelling as well as the quests.

With Gothic, we always had the luck that there was a pre-made character with his own summed up characteristics and ways of interaction. We couldn't break our own made-up immersion.

If we wanted to play an evil character in, let us say Skyrim, we often hit the situation where being evil can get us into real trouble. Because we created a character and the devs gave us free hands, we can break our own immersion and be good for a moment, as to overcome the obstacle with ease. With Gothic, where we receive a pre-made character, we can't do that. We somehow have to get past that with that evil attribute (The example).

So, I guess it's not just Skyrim or Beth at general, it's the Open-world, sand-box design that simply lacks the kicks that the other RPG's bring up, thus the hate and disappointments. But, that's just my opinion

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »