Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger

SoM3 ist offline

Gothic 3 - 2H still unbalanced and bugged?

So recently i decided to replay whole Gothic saga as a heavy-hitting 2H warrior. I did great in G1, i killed the last dragon in few hits in G2, but G3 is driving me insane, especialy with all the latest patches.
    Firstly, the less painful issue, is that the animations are slow and don't really use the 2H range, so when u use short 2h weapon, like axe ,it's really hard to hit ANYTHING without being constantly wiped out by animals and 1h users.
    Secondly, there's that issue with fast swings- for most of the time they just doesn't work. You press right mouse button but theres no animation of swing, no dmg dealt, just lose of stamina and it's irrtating as hell, you just mash the right button hoping it would work and that u don't get stunt before u hit them. It's a game where those fast swings are lafe savers, especialy with 1H, where they land perfectly and clean.
    Thirdly, the 1H is FAR superior in every goddamn aspect - the difference in dmg is unoticable, and 1H is much faster, have much wider range when it comes to normal, not 3 meters long weapon, it's much more reliable, and it's just feel more polished.... fights are way easier with 1H.
    The only good thing about 2H is the fast combo spin but it requires tons of stamina, and it's much weaker anyway with new blocking system from patches.
    In conclusion, playing with 2H, while having acces to 1H, feels like conscious holding back as a warrior.
    My question is, is i am doing something wrong here or the 2H combat mechanics are just broken? The only simple and effortless solution to this problem I see is changing all 2H animations with 1H, which should fix most of the issues right away, but will make the diffrence between 1H and 2H weapons gone.
    Geändert von SoM3 (11.02.2013 um 22:42 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von guru666

guru666 ist offline
    I know that fell bro :|
    I'm just started a new game, this time as a battle mage (g3 qp 4.2 cm 2.6.1) in the first part of the game I will learn staff fighting and str, and after I will learn magic, now I'm lvl 15 right now, and my most hated enemy is Zombies.... ahh hate them

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    The spinning attack of 2h weapons is EXTREMELY useful when dealing with animals, especially that of halberds and Krush Tarach
    Overall, 2h mastery is only worth it if you are planning to get Krush Tarach, which wrecks all one handed weapons. (except, perhaps, when fighting humans) You are using alternative AI, aren't you?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

guru666 ist offline
    of course I'm using alternative AI, i don't want to use Krush Tarach i only use staffs and for them I only learned staff fighting. 1haneded weapons are the most effective against humans/orcs (stab, powerfull blow, stab ,powerfull blow.......) in arenas I use the hashishin knife love bonus dmg from the poison(found in the 1st heavy chest) but in the wild I use the quarterstaff.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ranger

SoM3 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    The spinning attack of 2h weapons is EXTREMELY useful when dealing with animals, especially that of halberds and Krush Tarach
    As I said, exaggerated , 3 meters long weapon are doing fine, especially in Vanillia Gothic 3, im talking about normal swords and axes here, especially axes. And secondly, it's not so effective when animals are immortal during their heavy charge attack, oh my, which they are with alternative AI

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    i feel the same way as you, cause i play as paladin pure two handed sword, and my sword miss alot -_- i can get 5 hits before i land one
    i choose "2H paladin sword" from CM2.5 installation. and yes when i switch to spear or helberd or one handed sword is feels good, but i LOVE 2handed swords so i endure this shit.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SoM3 Beitrag anzeigen
    As I said, exaggerated , 3 meters long weapon are doing fine, especially in Vanillia Gothic 3, im talking about normal swords and axes here, especially axes. And secondly, it's not so effective when animals are immortal during their heavy charge attack, oh my, which they are with alternative AI
    The spinning attack *can* interrupt the heavy charge attack
    So does the quick right click attack
    I have played Gothic 3 many times using melee, and I can conclude that fighting animals with one-handed weapons (especially wolves) can be quite tedious
    Geändert von TudoracheMG (12.02.2013 um 21:48 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ranger

SoM3 ist offline
    If im not mistaken, with alternative AI they receive dmg but can't be stunned during their heavy attack. Just to clarify few things

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

guru666 ist offline
    If im not mistaken, with alternative AI they receive dmg but can't be stunned during their heavy attack. Just to clarify few things
    most annoying thing early game low hp/armor value (but if you think is good not to one-click only)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

TudoracheMG ist offline
    They can also be stunned by heavy attacks/light attacks or the spinning attack of two handed weapons, for friggin sake

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Adventurer Avatar von MrGookles

MrGookles ist offline
    I always use a bow or magic to kill animals from afar before they reach me. I've learned from my time in G1 and G2, that if there's something stronger then you, get to high ground and use ranged.

I advise you use the "Troll technic" and wait for the enemy to use a power attack which pins them at the location and gives you the time to go around them and BAN! Hit that bastard with a good hit. What can I say, keep moving and if you're surrounded, keep your back to the wall and strike. Like our good ol' pals from the New camp said... if the bastard hits you before you can hit it, well, just don't let it get you!