Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

mtaffer ist offline

Question Having a really hard time with Gothic 2 and loved the first game.

Guys,

Gothic 1 is a game I still talk to people about. One of the coolest of that type of game, so I was really eager to start Gothic 2.
    I'm just hitting a brick wall here.

I am in Chapter 2 and My 1 handed sword skills are above 30%. I'm level 10 militia and 30 strength.
    I've been putting most of my LP points towards strength and 1 handed swordsmanship.
    I've been doing this, because I die so easily.
    I don't have problems fighting wolves, or field raiders, or lizards/lurkers...but wargs just kill me immediately.
    Also the horned snapping dragon took me forever to kill.
    It seems the only place I can really go is the Valley of Mines, but I can't kill the orcs.
    I was playing Gothic 2 style and switch back to the first game combat and I could control it better...but still getting slaughtered.
    And it made it almost impossible for me to fight non-human opponents.
    I am wearing the militia armor and it takes like 3 hits and i'm dead.
    I used the tactic of luring the first orcs to the door and letting the guardsmen take them out, but ended up just running through the rest of them to get to the castle.
    I used the Shadowbeast to take out the bandits in the lighthouse, because I couldn't kill them.
    Am I supposed to be this weak at this point in the game?
    It seems like there is nothing else for me to do but the Valley of Mines.

I need some tips...I just joined the theives guild and told about their whereabouts.

I just seems like I'm missing something...

Thanks guys,
    mtaffer

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Hi. At that stage of the game you aren't really expected to take on wargs, or dragon snappers, or orcs. To advance in the main quest you merely have to reach the castle in the Valley of Mines, you don't have to kill any of those troublesome beasts you mentioned, for now. There are two ways to get through the pass, both found beyond the door guarded by two paladins. One of the paths is blocked by a crapload of orcs, but the other path is a walk in the park. Find the other path.
    Geändert von Bastardo (04.02.2013 um 19:33 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi. At that stage of the game you aren't really expected to take on wargs, or dragon snappers, or orcs.
    or the bandits at the lighthouse, they are really though as they give 300xp each

and are we talking notr here, if so collect all the stonetablets you can (there are some maps on the site) and what I always do is go to the new-world before vom; also donate as much gold as you can to Daron, the mage in the city for an immense hp boost (you can donate up to 1000g and with the smallest partitions you get 5 hp per 50 gold i think)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Honestly ,reading your post made me smile. I remember myself for the first time playing gothic 2.
    First of all ,you should stay away from wargs at your level .
    Next , you say you invested in strenght and one-handed although 30 strenght and 30% is not enough for level 10 if you`re only focusing on that.
    Then ,you can always get more hit points by donating gold to Daron ,the magician in Khorinis (50 gold at a time ,you need 1000 gold if i recall corectly !!).
    Also ,as the first guy you encounter in valley of mines tells you ,you SHOULD forget the direct path ,and look for another way to get in. Don`t forget to get the next armor when you reach the castle.
    You are making a big mistake by luring mobs to the guards ,or luring mobs to kill bandits ,you miss on a lot of EXP. If you did that every time ,i suggest you restart the game .
    When you`re out hunting in the woods ,use a bow or crossbow to spot the mobs like wargs ,dragon snappers ,shadowbeasts ,skeletrons and stay away from them ,for now.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline
    It is quite normal to be weak againts warg's and orc's at that part of the game, its not ready yet for you to kill the orc's so you should avoid them. When fighting human opponent's try different tactics to attack, I usualy lure on of them close and I run around him and kill him. Also look for people that can accompany you in the game. I recommend land close to Onar's Farm there you should find some creatures to kill, also invest some points in archery becuase its easier if you take down a target from far away. Don't just run through the main quest, side quest's give a lot of experience. And good choice with the faction, if you are new in the game its the easiest one. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me.
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Rookie

mtaffer ist offline

thanks

Thanks guys,

I am a little bit above 30%, but was thinking I need some lock-picking skills or something. I am apprenticing under the bowman in Khorinis.
    Also, The orcs in the mines are still there. I went back to a previous save.
    The only XP I should be missing out on are the bandits at the lighthouse, but I did kill the last one myself (the hatchet guy).
    I took the stone bridge and went the wrong way initially in the Valley of Mines and got orcs chasing me to where the loading screen happens.
    And of course it did not reset and there they are at the entrance way, but I managed to squeeze through them and not get hit at all.
    I just saw the cutscene where the dragon destroys everything.

I'm just relieved that apparently I am doing everything right. It just seemed odd to me to have to run through packs of orcs.
    I had no idea I had to go backwards when I came out of the tunnel and ran forwards instead.

Thanks again,
    Really feels like a family here.

Any suggestions on what skills I should pick up.
    So tempted to just keep putting LP towards strength and 1 handed swords...

mtaffer

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    World of Gothic is awesome just because of this fact, it is, FREE!

It's not that type of linear game where you can't go there because the game know's you're too weak, Gothic is free you can chosee for yourself what to do, just like the Hero, hey you go there, you take your risk, you can't do it, you wait.

So just play around and enjoy the game, and fool the game as you play, transform into a scavenger and pass by the orcs at the beginning, and feel that tension while playing
    If you even try to look the other way...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Actually ,there`s a secret passage ( on the left somewhere right before the orcs) which leads to the valley of mines ,don`t have to go through all the orcs
    By the way are you playing Gothic 2 vanilla or Night of the raven(add-on)?
    Have you reached the castle yet? You can buy new armor there but it doesn`t come cheap ,make sure you got a few thousands coins. And also ,don`t pay for Gorn`s freedom all by yourself ,talk to Diego and Milten also.

For now it`s ok to add only strenght and one-handed.If you`re playing NOTR it would be a good idea to learn to read the stones later. Oh and by the way ,collect all dragon roots and king sorrel`s and keep them for later.
    Geändert von warstrike (05.02.2013 um 09:33 Uhr)

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    30% one handed and 30 strength is enough at this stage, if he's playing without the expansion. Worst thing he's going to have to get through are a few minecrawler warriors, one at a time.

Assuming mtaffer isn't playing NotR, my advice is to increase strength only up to around 40 while he focuses on one handed ability 'til he hits at least 60%.

Weapon ability > sheer strength.
    Geändert von Bastardo (05.02.2013 um 10:09 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    to get to the castle in vom if you're still weak to defeat orc or two in a time I'd suggest what I'm always doing -
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    cheap transformation spell (always helps) or a path which Jorgen(?) the scout offers you on a road-so only few wild life creatures will be on a way (bloodflies, lurkers, scavengers-which shouldn't be impossible or very hard to defeat at a current skill stage) and then two orcs in front of the access point to the castle - just run and try to avoid them . and the third one - speed potion. it comes very handy but as well a bit risky, sometimes I do not escape deadly hits from orcs but if player still can't defeat beasts on a way I mentioned above - that is a good option.

and do not eat or sell dragonroots and kingsorrels!
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif