Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Page 22 of 22 « First ... 11151819202122
  1. View Forum Posts #421

Quote Originally Posted by KGS View Post
    we perceive reality through (our senses and consequently) time and space, as I said above if god exists, he is outside of that sphere because there is no place for him in time;
    even if some of our perceptions were caused by god, they would still be mere experience which can tell us nothing about its originator which stands outside of any possible experience (because he would be in contact with the things in themselves, and we humans are not)
    and I am just restating Kant here, but I find no problems with his logic
    All right, fair enough. But how have you ruled out a pantheistic or panentheistic form of divinity, because this clearly is about an external force?

Also, I still maintain that if something causes an effect, it is possible to learn something of the originator by studying the effect.

2. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #422

Quote Originally Posted by KGS View Post
    we perceive reality through (our senses and consequently) time and space, as I said above if god exists, he is outside of that sphere because there is no place for him in time;
    even if some of our perceptions were caused by god, they would still be mere experience which can tell us nothing about its originator which stands outside of any possible experience (because he would be in contact with the things in themselves, and we humans are not)
    and I am just restating Kant here, but I find no problems with his logic
    That logic is fine and all, but the premises that are feed into it are problematic.

3. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #423

So erm... what happened to making new threads when we hit the 400 posts?

Page 22 of 22 « First ... 11151819202122