Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 69
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    what about the lizardmen
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

I always found lizardmen interesting, but I don't remember the games providing us with any lore about them. Thinking about it made me realize there's no lore about anything!

Where did the dragons come from, exactly? Irdorath? Lizardmen seem to have come with them, does that mean they are related? I'm guessing lizardmen hatch from eggs, but who lays those eggs? Dragons? Who impregnates dragons? Are there female dragons? Where are they? What's the exact difference between snappers and dragon snappers? Dragon snappers appeared with the dragons, does that mean they're related? Can dragons impregnate female snappers, so they lay dragon snapper eggs? Can lizardmen impregnate snapper females to hatch more lizardmen? Are lizardmen gay? How do lizardmen feel about the orcs?

Hell, I'm not even nitpicking here, my questions are perfectly viable and important. Nothing makes sense in these games. I love PB to death for their world design, but I swear, I'm having trouble naming a developer with a lazier lore and backstory department.
    Geändert von The Ore Baron (16.01.2013 um 12:58 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    The Sleeper yield 'CAME' and they camed, ALL OF THEM (all the creatures) even the Dragons.

We do know that other dimension exists (Sleeper's realm) so what goes there, is yet, unspooken.
    If you even try to look the other way...

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Ranger Avatar von guru666

guru666 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    The Sleeper yield 'CAME' and they camed, ALL OF THEM (all the creatures) even the Dragons.

We do know that other dimension exists (Sleeper's realm) so what goes there, is yet, unspooken.
    exactly

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    The Sleeper yield 'CAME' and they camed, ALL OF THEM (all the creatures) even the Dragons. We do know that other dimension exists (Sleeper's realm) so what goes there, is yet, unspooken.
    OK, that still leaves the question of where exactly did the dragons appear after being summon by the Sleeper. I guess it's possible the four dragons of Khorinis appeared in the places we find them - after all, the Sleeper was killed in the Valley of Mines, so he might've called the four dragons to appear nearby. That still leaves the two dragons on Irdorath, who, I guess, could've just appeared there, too. Same goes for the lizardmen - they just appeared where they were needed. That's a lazy explanation, but whatever, I can live with that. However, the undead dragon is an exception. I think the Halls already had a dragon skeleton in them, and they were possessed by some demon spirit.

Many questions still remain. Did the dragons came already pregnant with eggs? Does that mean they're all female? Why didn't the males come together with them, then? What role did the Black Magician play? What's the Soulstone in the Undead Dragons ribcage? What does all of this have to do with orcs being gay?

I'm just spouting random questions that I would enjoy having answers to, but that does not mean they make the game worse. I think there's some charm in how little the lore of Gothic is thought out, really. The games are constructed as an on-the-go adventures, something you enjoy immersing yourself into without thinking too much. Giving explanations to every single thing would not be 'better' per se, just different. I really don't imagine a Gothic game having some sort of a Codex, with loads of text entries explaining various tidbits of the world. So yeah, while part of me would like to know the answers to every unclear topic in the games, another part of me knows that with those answers, Gothic would become... less Gothic.
    Geändert von The Ore Baron (16.01.2013 um 14:00 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i guess they came from the realm of beliar i.e. from death

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Soulstone - It is speculated that UD is actually the sleeper's "soul" within a dragon/skeleton of a dragon
    Dragons - it is well known that dragons are hybrids (in sexual meaning), or was it chimaera in English? I wanted to say that dragons actually impregnated themselves (male dragon in irdorath laying eggs)

Dragon snappers, hmm the best/closest explanation would be that the evil presence/dragon's unholly presence/magic has twisted/corrupted snapper hatchlings so they went thourgh some kind of mutation

Lizzardmen - they came along with dragons (and at that time mostly men were sent to far war campaigns)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    Soulstone - It is speculated that UD is actually the sleeper's "soul" within a dragon/skeleton of a dragon
    I think Mike Hoge confirmed that in an interview a couple of years back, but I don't know how to find it.

EDIT: Here it is!

http://www.gothicz.net/serie-gothic/mike-hoge-talks-about-gothics

Mike: The Nameless Hero is the Avatar of Adanos. The Undead Dragon is the Avatar of Beliar, carrying the "energy" of the sleeper.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Geändert von Maladiq (16.01.2013 um 19:15 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Xardas did say "what was denied to me in the temple of the sleeper..."

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Ranger Avatar von KeeperUTX

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Phillip of the Fire Clan Beitrag anzeigen
    It's settled then: orcs use sheep to multiply.
    Lol poor sheep. Good one, my Nordmarian ally!

Well, here's a sound assumption. Beliar indeed created the orcs, and through his magic they can multiply without the need of mating. With a special type of spell they duplicate themselves. (Shame the humans can't use it, I would have loved to thrash Gomez's face in with some lookalike followers, each of them wielding fireballs and Uriziels and ore armor )

Now, what about the types of orcs, eh? Well, the orcs of Khorinis never really encountered any humans, up until one of them screwed up and ran into the orc lands in the VoM. The orcs never saw a human or interacted with them for centuries, and the only thing that interacts with the humans now is their axes, as the orcs either just kill them for rule over the island, including Jharkendar.

But what about the mainland orcs? As far as I can assume they interacted with the human race for oh, say, 500 years, then Beliar spoke to all the orcs, saying that it was time to strike at whoever doesn't worship him, triggering a massive war between Innos' side, and Beliar's side.

As far as I'm concerned about giant, overgrown lizards, the Dragons were once, long ago, servants of Innos, hence why they breathe fire. Beliar somehow corrupted them and they ended up believing in his will and not Innos'. Up until the events of Gothic 2 their main elemental representatives, Finkregh, Pedrakhan, Feomathar, and Pandrodor lay in wait until their god called them to do his bidding, thusly giving the Nameless Hero another 'save the world' situation
    The English WoG is NOT dead, my friends!
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30

Zeri0n ist offline
    Errm, orcs from Khorinis did know about humans, and interracted with them for a long time too (there were old wards between orcs and humans, and orcs vs orcs) - Jharkendar fought the orcs, also, the long dead general wielding Uriziel is a proof that orcs and human fought against each other.
    The best possible explanation would be like this:
    There were 2 main human factions in Khorinis, Jharkendar and another faction in the valley of mines (they fought against the orcs). They also had mages shapeshifting into animals (so I assume they worshipped Addanos as his magic in Gothic 3 is shapeshifting magic). Now, my best guess is that after summoning of the Sleeper, (and taking hearts of those 5 shamen) the second larg human faction (from VoM) got ran over by the orcs, and the survivors fled into other part of the island where they formed the Harbor town of Khorinis. After some time (and unison of myrtana under one banner of king Rhobar the II), Khorinis started to grow because of it's good location and trade (metals from the mines (not magic ore)). Later, men from Khorinis were dispatched to take over the castle in VoM (valley of mines) finding that it was abandoned (orcs didn't have any interest in them) and after some time (and clearing the wood paths of animals) they reopened the old mine. Khorinis now begun to flourish and then the great war in Myrtana takes place

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i think the humans from the mainland came and colonized the whole island (except jharkendar)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Ranger Avatar von Phillip of the Fire Clan

Phillip of the Fire Clan ist offline
    I never really considered the Khorinis orcs to be in any connection (biologically) with the G3 orcs.
    I kinda imagined that the Khorinis orcs were closer to ogres in G3 and that the mainland orcs just made an alliance with them.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    It's like there are Black orcs and White orcs...just like humans, yeaaaa!.
    If you even try to look the other way...

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I finally found the answer! While preparing to pass the game as an orc I took control of an orc scout and went to Red Lantern to have fun. Seeing as Nadja was pleased as usually, orcs definitely aren't gay! They can have sexual intercourse with humans, that's why there are so few females left in G3. All were taken by orcs as mistresses. Its still a question can they make human females pregnant with some sort of half orc/half human but one thing is certain - they like females, not males.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    I Its still a question can they make human females pregnant with some sort of half orc/half human
    Perhaps the abominations known as goblin are a result of this unholy union?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I don't think so, it would have to be somewhere between an orc and a human in size, not significantly smaller than both.

But maybe... YES! THAT'S IT! Orcs from Khorinis/VoM CAN reproduce with human females! And the result of an unholy union are orcs from G3. Just think about it. Orcs in Khorinis/VoM are primitive ape-like creatures. In G3 they're much more humanoid. Shorter arms, humanoid face and voice, they also seem more intelligent. Just how I imagine an orc/human baby. Mystery solved!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    I found on the World of Players RU forum a funny screenshot with the signature (translated into English):

P.S.: Yes, orcs are engaged in it... Elite on the top...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Geändert von Dimus (11.02.2013 um 16:42 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    Perhaps the abominations known as goblin are a result of this unholy union?
    Maybe the Troglodytes from FG?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39

Zeri0n ist offline
    In real world, no. You can't cross a human and an ape here
    Fantasy world, of course. Garona Halforcen anyone?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Woooot? You can't cross a human and an ape in real world? So that is why I couldn't make a baby with my female chimpanzee! I've been trying for 14 years now and you're telling me it was to no avail ?

Seite 2 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »