Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

LizardProtector ist offline

Question Gothic 3 Lag Spikes, please help

Hey, I'm George, I've been playing Gothic for as long as I can remember and I want to stay loyal to this game but it just seems to work on my nerves sometimes....
    I bought Gothic 3 quite a while ago (back then I had Nvidia GT 9800 video card with dual core processor and 2 GB RAM) and I played it, obviously it was stuttering and I decided to play a game once I get better system, so I did.

So here's the problem, I installed Gothic 3 and the game is running on high FPS (I use fraps to track my FPS) and it's USUALLY between 90-120 (even though my screen only sees 60) but often I get this lag spikes where FPS just jumps down to 20-30 and goes back up to 90-120, it's really annoying because it's pretty often (not every 5 seconds but it just does that randomly) I haven't noticed anything special it doesn't happen in some concrete places (like woods or something) it just happens when I'm in open area (and the FPS goes back to 120 for about 20-30 seconds then it jumps down and so on)
    I don't have any EXTREME GRAPHIC INIs activated, I just tweaked a little (for performance mostly) nothing really changed.
    The game is awesome but for once I just want to play it smoothly and since FRAPS shows 90-120 FPS (most of the time) I just don't think it's my systems fault, is it because Gothic 3 is loading some files too slowly or what?
    is there any way to fix it?

My PC Specs
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10Ghz
    8 GB 1333Hz Ram
    MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition
    Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
    I play on 1680x1050 Resolution (16:10 aspect ratio)
    3 HDDs
    1) 300 GB
    2) 320 GB
    3) 250 GB
    all of this hard drives are 7200 RPM standard ones (no gaming ultra-mega-asdasdasd-fast-expensive stuff)
    Gothic 3 is played from different drive, windows is on 1st one and Gothic is on 2nd one.
    I'm also playing on community patch 1.74 not 1.75 because it says it doesn't support old saves [and I really hope it's not patches fault]... :(
    any tips?

thank you in advance.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    Gothic 3 is hardware-hungry, but your system looks about as powerfull as mine (except that I have the game installed on an SSD). The final community patch (version 1.75) helped me to get rid of the micro-lags. Most of the lags went away when I bought the SSD.
    Everything is relative... until it bites.
    Geändert von bigsnappy (17.01.2013 um 23:40 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

Thumbs up

Zitat Zitat von bigsnappy Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic 3 is hardware-hungry, but your system looks about as powerfull as mine (except that I have the game installed on an SSD). The final community patch (version 1.75) helped me to get rid of the micro-lags. Most of the lags went away when I bought the SSD.
    I installed 1.75th patch and it did indeed rid me from most of micro-lags. But FPS still keeps jumping down, I think I'll just try to buy SSD and try it that way. Thank you for your response.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    What's the SSD?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Rookie

Thumbs up

Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    What's the SSD?
    Solid-state drive we can call it ,,fast hard drive'' as a matter of speech but it's construction differs from HDD.