Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline

G3 - How to do mage right?

I read somewhere that you can get alot of Ancient Knowledge/and or manage by just picking stone tablets all over the world and that you can learn mana regen too this way.

I want to play G3 as mage and I want to have mana regen as soon as possible, so where can I learn it and how much mana/AK do I need? Also any general tips about playing as mage? I don't wanna screw it up.

Also, are there any interesting mods that don't change storyline/gameplay too much?

Any help is appreciated

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    first patch 1.75 is VERY good to intall. and there is QP4.2 and CM2.5 which is awesome, and add lots of new things and side quests, so you should look it up and read the notes what it changes.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    I read somewhere that you can get alot of Ancient Knowledge/and or manage by just picking stone tablets all over the world and that you can learn mana regen too this way.

I want to play G3 as mage and I want to have mana regen as soon as possible, so where can I learn it and how much mana/AK do I need? Also any general tips about playing as mage? I don't wanna screw it up.

Also, are there any interesting mods that don't change storyline/gameplay too much?

Any help is appreciated
    There are two types of tablets scattered about (3 or 6 AKPs) (or bought or received for tasks), a book in the monastery (received as payment for a task), stone pillars, etc that can be read. To get regen mana, a certain level of AKPs must be had (250?). Can't remember if one gets this from Sataras, Calypso, or via praying to the gods. I haven't used any mods so I don't know if they make this different or not. Once you get mana regen and the highest knowledge of xxx, things become VERY easy. I'd say some XP needs to be spent for ancient knowledge but not all that much.
    Geändert von lordhoff (07.01.2013 um 04:35 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CrashMorraKan Beitrag anzeigen
    first patch 1.75 is VERY good to intall. and there is QP4.2 and CM2.5 which is awesome, and add lots of new things and side quests, so you should look it up and read the notes what it changes.
    Are those all English or? I only found CP 1.74 and CM 2.2. I can't speak German very well so I guess I'll stick with normal Gothic with CP 1.74.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice

Andrewww ist offline
    You can learn mana regen in Bakaresh from the mage on top of the temple once you get 75 reputation or from Saturas (you'll find him in the desert also). I think there's a guy in Vengard too but you'd have to free Gotha first and you need 200 AK, 30 LP and 10,000 gold with the 1.75 patch and alternative balancing.

The tablets help you increase your AK but if you wanna get past 250 AK (and make your spells stronger) you should keep them.

I recommend that you increase your AK to 250 by using learning points and then use those tablets. This way you'll reach 350 AK or more by the end of the game.

You'll notice how your damage goes up. While at the beginning it will take 2 or 3 charged fireballs to take down a ripperbeast, towards the end it will only require one.
    Geändert von Andrewww (07.01.2013 um 21:47 Uhr)