Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

00Teggy ist offline

Insufficient Memory! Can't install Gothic 2 on win7?

Hello all,
    I've been trying to install Gothic 2 on my computer for about 2 hours now, and have become very frustrated..

Here are my system specs,
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Asus p8z68 MB
    Intel Core I7 2700k CPU
    AMD HD 6800 Graphics Card
    8 Gig of Ram
    Intel 520 SSD with 20gig free space, and a 2TB WD black HDD

I've tried every compatibility with no success. Everytime I click "next" to install the game, I instantly get an Error that says "Insufficient Memory!" and then the install closes completely. I did get the game to install in Windows XP mode, but had a constant black screen. And then I realized that xp mode doesn't allow for display drivers, so I'm out of luck there. I'm not sure what else to do, thats why I'm here I guess. Please help!

Thanks for your time everyone!

EDIT: Oh and I'm using a copy of Gothic 2 that I purchased a long time ago.. It is a 3disc install.
    Geändert von 00Teggy (13.12.2012 um 07:57 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Welcome to the forums.
    It's been a long time since I installed from the old 3-CD set and only on XP. This may be a compatibility problem so I don't have a good answer for you but I would like to point out that Gothic2Gold is now on sale at GOG.com for only $4.99 if that could be a consideration. It has been patched to work on vista/win7 as well as XP.
    I've been using it for several years myself.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

00Teggy ist offline

Thanks!

Thank you. I think gothic 2 is worth buying again. I have gothic 3, but I remember gothic 2 being so much fun. And I figured it would bring back some good time memories I was also wanting to do a lets play commentary on youtube for gothic 2 and minecraft/tekkit since I don't have any friends to play with

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von 00Teggy Beitrag anzeigen
    Thank you. I think gothic 2 is worth buying again. I have gothic 3, but I remember gothic 2 being so much fun. And I figured it would bring back some good time memories I was also wanting to do a lets play commentary on youtube for gothic 2 and minecraft/tekkit since I don't have any friends to play with
    Gothic 2 Gold also has Night of the Raven expansion with it. Not sure you know NotR or not, but its awesome and... well, you'll see for yourself , but IMO totally worth buying.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ranger

Kilrha ist offline
    I remember having that problem a long time ago. Installing while in safe mode works.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von 00Teggy Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello all,
    I've been trying to install Gothic 2 on my computer for about 2 hours now, and have become very frustrated..

Here are my system specs,
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Asus p8z68 MB
    Intel Core I7 2700k CPU
    AMD HD 6800 Graphics Card
    8 Gig of Ram
    Intel 520 SSD with 20gig free space, and a 2TB WD black HDD

I've tried every compatibility with no success. Everytime I click "next" to install the game, I instantly get an Error that says "Insufficient Memory!" and then the install closes completely. I did get the game to install in Windows XP mode, but had a constant black screen. And then I realized that xp mode doesn't allow for display drivers, so I'm out of luck there. I'm not sure what else to do, thats why I'm here I guess. Please help!

Thanks for your time everyone!

EDIT: Oh and I'm using a copy of Gothic 2 that I purchased a long time ago.. It is a 3disc install.
    Ive got exactly the same problems with my discs, also 3disc version..
    I managed to install it with something Larisa made for these occasions.
    But that was only once, then I couldnt anymore.. So I had to download it (which is much better, as u can install it everywhere, anytime!) But I dont know the site Ive bought it from..

edit: PS: Nice rig dude
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Did you try copying the CD's contents to your harddrive and running it as admin?

Or you could try Nico's batch install script. http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...87#post8137787

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    Here, if the link Oni gave u doesn't work..
    Maybe this one will http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...ghlight=memory
    Arcadia - A click and win tale