Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: Which camp do you identify the most with?

• The Old Camp

16 31,37%
  • The New Camp

22 43,14%
  • The Swamp Camp

13 25,49%

Teilnehmer
51. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 41
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Let's see.. I just got convicted for god knows what crime, I'm thrown in a prison where there's absolutely no escape from, I get bullied by 3 random people as a "welcome party" and I know I'm gonna spend the rest of my days in that hostile environment, I would certainly go to the Swamp camp, the people there are far more friendly than the rest and they have food and weed, the weed alone would be enough to keep me there since my life would virtually have no meaning anymore, might as well live it stoned and relaxed.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    Let's see.. I just got convicted for god knows what crime, I'm thrown in a prison where there's absolutely no escape from, I get bullied by 3 random people as a "welcome party" and I know I'm gonna spend the rest of my days in that hostile environment, I would certainly go to the Swamp camp, the people there are far more friendly than the rest and they have food and weed, the weed alone would be enough to keep me there since my life would virtually have no meaning anymore, might as well live it stoned and relaxed.
    well, it is probably depending on characters previous life before prison - if, let's say, NH was a criminal/murderer - after that 'welcome party' - he would definitely wanna be the same as those guys - gain some brutal power to act similarly with other newcomers and maybe as well to revenge those three guys.
    or even he did some serious crimes in his past, but wants to forget it all finally - I believe sect camp is natural choice (with all benefits you've mentioned )
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81

Nikolai81 ist offline
    My Nameless Hero is native to Nordmar, and seeks to return to his homeland above all else. Consequently his goals are aligned with Lee's: break free from the barrier, then secure transportation to the mainland. Remaining a mercenary rather than aligning with the hated royalists/paladins proves challenging in Gothic 3 due to the race traitor aspect (even an orcish chieftain chastises you for working against your own race). However, I justify it by making the Nameless Hero exclusively loyal to the northmen of Nordmar, and by considering the royalists/paladins as weak and decadent traitors in need of replacement (hence putting Lee on the throne and furthering the interests of Nordmar). Besides, a northman would have great respect for orcish culture, which is tribalist and true to nature, and thus prefer them as neighbours rather than the likely imperialist and meddlesome Myrtanian King.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Geändert von Nikolai81 (05.12.2012 um 21:09 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Rookie

oldcamper ist offline
    Old camp for sure, swampsharks are to tough for me

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Hey look, oldcamper chose old camp, who would have guessed?
    If you even try to look the other way...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Apprentice

Andrewww ist offline
    For me it's the old camp for 3 reasons:

1. I like playing as a mage and it's the easiest path on becoming one.
    2. They get regular supplies from the outside world. The mercenaries have to risk their lives stealing from the Old Camp and The Sect Camp is full of lazybones who'd rather starve than work.
    3. The guards are pretty badass, especially Thorus.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    For me its old camp. I just feel like its the most powerful camp there. Most people, awesome guard armors, ore barons, castle, trade with outside world. + the best music. I don't even know why they betrayed nameless, I always wanted to stay with them

New camp are mostly dirty bandits with few exceptions and sect camp are stoners. Well, except templars, I have respect for them.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Sword Master Avatar von Buckingham

Buckingham ist offline
    Old Camp 4 ever. You get the feeling of being safe while you have to pay protection
    Always fight against evil ....even if it leads to your death !!!
    We should meet the enemies of god !!! Do no wrong !!!
    [Bild: sigpic90303_4.gif]

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    well, it is probably depending on characters previous life before prison - if, let's say, NH was a criminal/murderer - after that 'welcome party' - he would definitely wanna be the same as those guys - gain some brutal power to act similarly with other newcomers and maybe as well to revenge those three guys.
    or even he did some serious crimes in his past, but wants to forget it all finally - I believe sect camp is natural choice (with all benefits you've mentioned )
    If revenge is the motive and/or getting out, wouldn't the mercenaries be the ticket? What better way for revenge then joining the opposition to the crime family/mafia (old camp) and the old camp is happy where they are and not seeking escape at all while the other two are. I always had a hard time RPing the mercenaries though.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    After so many playthroughs I could pretend to like whatever camp but I guess the most valid choice is the one from when I started Gothic the very first time. And that was the Old Camp.

The New Camp is full of guys a lot stronger than you that just want to kick your ass. I guess that camp was designed by PB for experienced players looking for a bit of challenge. At a first playthough, getting attacked by the Rice Lord and his thug is simply nighmare and so is actually delivering his water.

As for the Swamp Camp, I remember when I first played Gothic that I was convinced the Sleeper was made up. Perhaps because every normal looking NPC in the game would call them "loonies". I guess only when I met Xardas I actually started believing that the Sleeper is a real thing. That being said, I couldn't consider joining them at that time. And I also was afraid that they will make me shave my head and wear those skirts around so it was a no go
    PS: I also remember that while exploring the Swamp Camp for the first time I did see something that I thought resembled the Loch Ness Monster (it was a Swamp Shark) and I got so scared that I decided to leave for the Old Camp at once.

Old Camp had all the advantages I could get. If I was willing to pay protection money then I was safe. If I didn't pay I only had to stand up to a few diggers which is far more reasonable than Swamp Sharks or Rice Lord. And there is a clear way of climbing the social ladder and get myself a decent armor since I god invidet by Diego to join (more or less) in the first minutes of the game. The quests are easy - you can join the shadows without having to win a single fight except some molerats. Joining the Shadows was also the most obvious choice to access the Fire Magicians and that alluring castle. And also, the Heavy Guard Armor is the most bad ass looking in the whole game.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    It would have been cool if the sect shaved the hero's head upon joining them as you imagined they would. But maybe they don't actually shave their heads and hair loss is a side effect of prolonged swampweed usage.

As for which camp I can identify the most with, I guess I'll go with New Camp, if only by principle. The Old Camp provides the most precious resource in the world to the kingdom which decided to lock them up in a valley and throw away the key, the Swamp Camp is waiting for some deity to zap their asses out of the barrier out of sheer awesomeness, while the New Camp is digging out that precious ore for themselves and instead of trading it for an easy life for those in charge of the camp, they're throwing it all in a freaking mound just so that one day they can go "Screw it, time to blow this up and see what happens.". Science, bitches!
    Geändert von Bastardo (10.02.2013 um 12:10 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Adventurer Avatar von MrGookles

MrGookles ist offline
    The Sect camp's the clear choice my friend. An easy life, free weed and no jerks that would beat you up even for a pick axe! Not to mention... I'm not much up into working my ass off in some mine or delivering water to the workers in the rice fields.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    What's wrong with delivering water? It takes maybe 5 min/day to give water to everyone and since Rice Lord is stupid he'll forget he already gave you water and give you water again. So you'll never run out of fresh water. And you can trade water for food and there you go, you have food too. And if you travel between camps every day you can go to swamp camp for your daily ration of weed etc etc :P

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Rookie

FSCarver ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    What's wrong with delivering water? It takes maybe 5 min/day to give water to everyone and since Rice Lord is stupid he'll forget he already gave you water and give you water again. So you'll never run out of fresh water. And you can trade water for food and there you go, you have food too. And if you travel between camps every day you can go to swamp camp for your daily ration of weed etc etc :P
    It's not that hard to get an excessive amount of ore without using the water delivery bug.
    At the end of the game I had 10K+ ore left, and more potions then I needed.

And I'd definitely go with the New Camp.
    They wouldn't back stab you like some of the folks from the Old Camp, and I'd rather do something useful then smoking swamp weed all day at the Sect Camp.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

MrGookles ist offline
    Of course... blowing yourselves up is a great pastime nowadays, ain't it? At least at the Sect camp, we have the Templars to watch our back, not like in the New camp, where you can literally get kicked out of your hut by some asshole.

And plus... why walk towards the Sect camp and back again, risking to be bullied by the Rogues from the New camp or the Shadows from the Old camp, when you can simply stay at the Sect camp and enjoy a easy life.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    What easy life? You get 3 tokes of swampweed per day. You have to pay for the rest. And to pay you need to earn money by working and doing something whole day. Would you really want to pick weed the whole day? Well, if that's the destiny you choose, fine. But some of us are more ambitious.

I'll stick to my 5 min/day of water delivering water at start. I'll trade the spare water for ore very cheaply so I'll become the most powerful(and probably only) water merchant in the colony. Of course I'll have to pick my customers. I'll mostly sell it to lazy people who are too lazy to go and drink water somewhere else.

I probably wouldn't want to take the melee route and learn myself to fight in close cause it is too risky. So when I get enough ore I'll pay Cavalorn to teach me hunting with bow, sneaking and trophy collecting. Then I'll become the biggest meat/skin/teeth/other trophies merchant and make myself really rich.

Then I'll start a hunting camp which is a mobile camp that travels through colony to seek prey, kill it and take its trophies. With time however, we'd get bored of being in colony and would start seeking for an exit and then we'd search for focus stones etc and exit the colony. In G2 the rest of us who survived would become Dragon Hunters.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37

MrGookles ist offline
    ... and then you'll wake up in the rice fields and realize, it was all just a good dream you had, after taking a toke from me, as I came to trade in Swampweed at the New camp. Oh well, you can still be the greatest rice picker there ever was!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I felt burned for a moment, until I remembered I don't smoke/drink . And I especially wouldn't smoke/drink if I was in such unpleasant situation cause it would lower my concentration and ability to think properly. I'm not the kind of person to just go "fuck it all I give up I'm gonna smoke swampweed and do nothing to free myself".

Nice try though

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39

MrGookles ist offline
    What a poor sucker you are, you don't even have any alcohol in your blood.

Sooner or later, you'll realize that the New camp would be your grave. If not from the inside, you'd get hell of a lot of trouble from the outside. The Old camp for an example.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MrGookles Beitrag anzeigen
    What a poor sucker you are, you don't even have any alcohol in your blood.

Sooner or later, you'll realize that the New camp would be your grave. If not from the inside, you'd get hell of a lot of trouble from the outside. The Old camp for an example.
    Then again, nearly everyone in the swamp camp has a real problem in the end. If I really had a choice, I'd hide out and try to piggy tail a way out with whatever group has success in finding a way out. Wait, I'm the mover here. To heck with the camps, they can follow me!

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »