Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 34 von 34
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Kerrax

Kerrax ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lehona Beitrag anzeigen
    I can't do what I used to do in some of my scripts (altering the assembly at runtime).
    I'll try to implement something for supporting scripts using Ikarus; most of Ikarus features looks so it seems possible. However my nearest goal is to implement G2 support in GEngine, therefore this is an only plan for future.

I wish you'd possibly distribute the debug executable, not the release version?
    If you want some feature you can just ask me. I can publish my debug version but it works very slowly. I thought about publishing the source code of GEngine (that's more useful than debug version), however I doubt that I have a right to freely distribute it (and should I do it).

Zitat Zitat von Hulk Beitrag anzeigen
    If you're able to remove technical limitations of the original engine, like polygon limits and such
    done
    Geändert von Kerrax (27.11.2012 um 14:30 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    I wasn't exactly speaking of Ikarus (except that I - of course - use MEM_WriteInt()). What I was talking about were minor changes in the actual executable like changing a conditional jump (e.g. used in if-blocks) to a non-conditional jump (e.g. like a goto). Obviously I will have to change the address if it's supposed to work on a different (but similar) executable. However, if I can't disassemble the executable to find this specific point in the code, I won't be able to adapt my script to your version.
    I assume that this can't be fixed without being able to disassemble the executable (which is, although it's always possible, only useful if I can do it in a time-efficient manner) unless you would be releasing a new verison every time I want to be able to change certain things in the code (e.g. not opening the inventory when the according key is pressed, disabling the console... just to name a few things) which would be a big mess.

I don't think we're talking about the same debug-version here I don't want the code you're using to debug but code can be compiled as a debug version and as a release version - the latter is stripped of all debug information like function names etc. which can be quite unhandy

Don't distribute your source code or someone else here might get into some heavy trouble and that wouldn't be fair, right?

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Knight Commander

davied ist offline
    Wow this modification is really awesome. I will definitely optimize future mods for it.

I really like the "small" features like disabling LOD completely or adding a custom splash screen.

However I have three questions:

1. What do you mean with "Support for widescreen monitors"? I didn't really check but it seems like the FOV is still not correct. Can you make the game HOR+ with wider resolutions?

2. Can you add support for TGA files with transparency for the splash screen?

3. What does autoScaleRefHeight do?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren

Kerrax ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lehona Beitrag anzeigen
    However, if I can't disassemble the executable to find this specific point in the code, I won't be able to adapt my script to your version.
    If I will be able to implement Ikarus support then you don't need adapt your script, it will be adapted automatically when anybody will run your mod in GEngine. So continue with using Ikarus or another scriptpaket, and don't care about some incompatibility. (I hope I'll able to solve this problem later without changing your scripts.)

Don't distribute your source code or someone else here might get into some heavy trouble and that wouldn't be fair, right?
    That source code is not completely mine and I don't think I can make a decision about freely distribution of it.

Zitat Zitat von davied Beitrag anzeigen
    What does autoScaleRefHeight do?
    GEngine divides the current screen resolution's height in pixels by autoScaleRefHeight and uses the result of this division as scale factor for fonts and UI elements. So change it to larger value if you want smaller fonts and UI elements on your screen; change it to smaller value if you want larger fonts and UI elements on your screen.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    I don't think you'll be able to solve my sorrows if you're not using (a part of) the old executable But don't worry, I'm not that active anymore anyway and even less am I modding for Gothic 1 I was just putting these possible problems out there and god knows, maybe you do indeed find a solution? Only time will tell.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von |Lorn|

|Lorn| ist offline
    First of all: This is an amazing thing, Kerrax! Thank you!

Secondly:

Zitat Zitat von Kerrax Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von Hulk Beitrag anzeigen
    If you're able to remove technical limitations of the original engine, like polygon limits and such
    done
    So this should, for instance, make the Gothic Reloaded Mod possible to be used in Gothic 1 (according to the team, the new models are too much for the G1Zengine to handle)?

Edit: This option doesn't seem to show effect.

invSwitchToFirstCategory
    Geändert von |Lorn| (29.11.2012 um 17:25 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren

Kerrax ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von |Lorn| Beitrag anzeigen
    So this should, for instance, make the Gothic Reloaded Mod possible to be used in Gothic 1 (according to the team, the new models are too much for the G1Zengine to handle)?
    Yes, I think it will work.

-----

Anyone want to help me with enhancing GEngine (strong C++ skills required)?
    Geändert von Kerrax (02.12.2012 um 06:57 Uhr)

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren
    Knight Commander

davied ist offline
    I just tested GEngine some more with my mod Orcades.

During my short test I have found these bugs:

• The frame rate is really bad after starting/loading a game. It seems like the frame rate limiter is active for 2-3 seconds. When modifying the the original GothicMod.exe with GothicFPS this problem doesn't appear. Maybe you can look at the source code of GothicFPS and fix this problem.
    • Sometimes when walking on Grass the game plays the sound you hear when walking on stones. Using the original GothicMod.exe this bug doesn't occur. It happens pretty often when walking backwards or sometimes after jumping. This isn't a serious bug it's just a bit annoying.
    • Really annoying bug: I'm using the default gamma, contrast and brightness of 0.5. However every time I open the video menu GEngine sets these values to 0.485714287 and completely ruins the image. The original Gothic keeps it at 0.5.
    • Also is it possible to disable the collision sound for dropped items? Most of the time an item slides downhill the sound effect is broken and looping over and over again.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Verdan

Verdan ist offline
    Please keep working on this, it's an awesome Project!
    Also, this .exe runs better in Wine than the original, for those of us using Linux.
    (Anybody out there that wants to completely port Gothic?)

Also, I'm looking forward to running Gothic and Gothic 2 from the same .exe

I am a man - more sinn'd against than sinning.

We are outnumbered ten to one here, but still I love the odds.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30 Zitieren
    banned

Hulk ist offline
    Hello, I have a question, will there be a GEngine-devkit and if yes what features will it provide that the regular ZEngine modkit doesn't have?

I also have a feature suggestion:

If you go down hill in the game can you mak the camera point downwards automatically? The reasion is this, because I like to play Gothic with keyboard only because I always prefered it that way and if I go down hill I always have to move the mouse to see what's on the floor. It's kind of annoying.

I have also noticed a few issues with Gengine:

-If you load or save a game, the framerate drops for a few seconds (this is already known i think, but apart from that it actually runs better that the original exe )

-No matter if you use G1 or G2 controls, you no longer can drop things - Not really a feature that is absulutely needed to complete the game, but nonetheless nice to have...

-Another issue, when I was at the part where this guy Grim is leading me into a trap, I made him follow me away from the other 2 guys, so i was somewhere outside the old camp-wall, then i knocked him out (i did NOT kill him) for some reason a guard inside the camp saw that and next time i entered the camp, the guard instantly shot me with the crossbow... He definitely couldn't have seen me as I was outside the camp, just near the wall I don't know if this behaviour is present in the normal game as well. Since when do guards KILL you, if you just knock people out? I don't know what could have caused this behaviour, it could also have been the mod that i'm using. I should note that I'm using the "Welt der Verurteilten"-Mod (World of the convicted ones) which is basically a mod that enhances the whole game in the sence that it has new quests, previously cut out features, different balancing etc. But apart from this Issue, the mod seems to work fine so far.

-At a certain point in the game it won't longer let me equip my bow, this is really annoying and actually game-breaking! Reloaded or restarting the game won't help. Even using the savegame with the original exe didn't work. In the end i had to start a new game but luckily i wasn't far into the game yet.
    Geändert von Hulk (23.02.2013 um 22:54 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Mark56

Mark56 ist offline
    This is awesome.
    I have one question. Is there way to implement animation synchronisation of two or more npc's/monsters ? with scripts ? I know that gothic does it only when you are finishing somebody off but it could be realy good to have this feature. Improving combat and normal gameplay

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Abus Bambus

Abus Bambus ist offline
    Any news on this???

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33 Zitieren
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    Kerrax long gone from modding, but before he left, he published the source code of his project, which some people to downloaded before Magoth deleted them. I would very much like to see the continuation of work on this modification, if there are those who wish to finalize this project - I can provide the sources..

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Voron256 ist offline

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12