Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 23
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice Avatar von Zuben45

Zuben45 ist offline

Question Gothic 5 ?

Good day, I have heard that it should be 5 and Gothic later this year. So I want to ask you, what is the truth, thanks
    Geändert von Zuben45 (16.11.2012 um 01:07 Uhr)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Hi. Truth is, what you heard was a lie or speculation. Gothic is currently owned by its developers but they haven't announced their next game yet.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    don't think there will be gothic 5 in the near years, or i won't be surprised if there won't be a new gothic game at all. but if there would be gothic, it should be the "Real" Gothic 4 not 5. (i don't count FG or Arcania)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    There is nothing official about this ,though i wish you were right

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Zuben45 ist offline
    Oh, it's bad, but thanks for reply. I hope it will be Gothic 5 or 4 well

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Everyone STOP sayin 'I don't count Gothic 4 as Gothic', thank YOU!.
    If you even try to look the other way...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Zuben45 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    I too, but it continue story =/

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ranger Avatar von Emilyan

Emilyan ist offline
    I didn't know there is a game Gothic 4. Or you mean that Arcania game? That is for sure not Gothic ) It would be a shame for the series to even think of that..
    And now, after the hero killed rhobar the second, he joined xardas and they went to The Unknown Lands, where other dangers await him and new legendary creatures to be killed...

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Emilyan Beitrag anzeigen
    I didn't know there is a game Gothic 4. Or you mean that Arcania game? That is for sure not Gothic ) It would be a shame for the series to even think of that..
    This. And if I could forget that even something like Arcania exists, I would
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

SkullX ist offline
    Haters.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i don't really count gothic 3 as gothic, not to mention 4

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Haters.
    This isn't hating. Arcania is provably a horrible game. I haven't seen a single review where it got more than 40%. Even so I played it because I didn't believe it could be THAT bad. It was. If anything, it was an attempt to get some more money from Gothic fans.
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Stay strong, SkullX, I'm with you.

Arcania is hardly a 'good' game, but it's certainly not as bad as many people here seem to think. Frankly, I enjoyed it much more than Gothic 3, and that's saying something.

Also, it's most definitely a part of the Gothic series, both plot-wise and even legally.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

SkullX ist offline
    Gothic 4 contains (still) Gothic story, It had people, It Had Sleeper's Amulet, osum graphics, and a okey combat ( It's not game breaking stop whinning).

Overall still good, what aint good are too many face used for models and some voices? too MINOR not to accept it.

Oh...and Gothic 3 is definetly BOSS, ain't even say a thing.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    I can't ignore Gothic 4 and consider it not to be a part of Gothic. Only thing is Gothic 4 hasn't been launched yet since the series ended with Gothic 3. I'm hoping that maybe PB or some other studio will develop Gothic 4 in the future but so far it didn't happen.

Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Frankly, I enjoyed it much more than Gothic 3, and that's saying something.
    Yup. It's saying something about you.

Gothic 4 contains (still) Gothic story, It had people, It Had Sleeper's Amulet, osum graphics, and a okey combat ( It's not game breaking stop whinning).
    I don't know what Gothic 4 you guys keep talking about but I assume you mean Arcania - the Gothic spinoff. And if that's the case, Arcania contained even less Gothic elements than Risen 2 contained Risen 1 elements. And that IS saying a lot.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

SkullX ist offline
    It's all about movin from what it was on G1 and G2 to something new, with less of what was.....danalfhao I'd rather shut my mouth.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von glumetzul Beitrag anzeigen
    Yup. It's saying something about you.
    Was that an attempt to diss me for having a different opinion than yours? Shut it, pal, I'll not partake in a conflict over taste, especially with someone silly enough to pretend an existing sequel to a series does not exist. I'm fine with you not liking the game, please be fine with me enjoying it. It's not like you can just wish the game out of existence, anyway.

Cheers.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Was that an attempt to diss me for having a different opinion than yours?
    You can have whatever opinion you wish. And I can have an opinion of you based on your tastes. Just like I could judge someone for being a FIFA fan and not liking fantasy RPGs I can judge you for liking Arcania more than Gothic 3. I didn't insult you or anything.

someone silly enough to pretend an existing sequel to a series does not exist
    Arcania is not a sequel is a spin off. It's got a new setting, a new plot, a new protagonist. It's even got a new name and starting with it's addon it got the name "Gothic" completely cut off it's title. Just like the first season of the TV series Joey wasn't considered the 11th season of Friends, so is Arcania not in any way Gothic 4. It's just a game with common characters. Maybe if JW wouldn't have been so greedy as to rename the game "Arcania" in order to keep milking it after they lost the rights to Gothic, I might have reconsidered my position despite all the differences between Gothic and Arcania.

So far Gothic is a game series that ended after it's third instalment, had a spinoff made based on it's universe and might or might not get a fourth title in the future.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Apprentice

Andrewww ist offline
    You have to remember that Pirahna Bytes is a small studio and Risen 2 didn't do so well (the reviews at least weren't favorable). So I'm not sure they really have the money to make another Gothic game. In fact I'm not even sure they'll make a Risen 3. Personally, I find that Risen 2 was underrated.

As for Gothic, I think the series lost its charm with Gothic 3 even though it was a decent game.

Gothic 4, although better than Forsaken Gods (I can't believe this expansion actually got released), is a generic fantasy RPG loosely set in the Gothic universe. As a Gothic fan you don't lose anything if you avoid it completely. I played it once and I barely remember anything.

It will be very hard for Pirahna Bytes to sort out this mess and I don't think a Gothic 5 would be a good idea from a financial standpoint. Most reviewers will remember the last games (in fact I would be surprised if they even played the first 2) and they'll think that Gothic 5 is just another crappy sequel.

Frankly, they should update Gothic 1 and 2 (NOTR version) with HD graphics. They could use the Risen engine for that and sell them for $40.
    A lot of people would buy them out of nostalgia and it might become more popular now that we have youtube and all these avenues for promoting games.

From there they could greenlight a sequel that ignores Gothic 3. Send the heroes off on a new island (make it a prequel for Gothic 3 ?) and provide a 30 hour RPG that's full of quests, exploration and a solid combat system.
    Geändert von Andrewww (19.11.2012 um 01:12 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Andrewww Beitrag anzeigen
    Frankly, they should update Gothic 1 and 2 (NOTR version) with HD graphics. They could use the Risen engine for that and sell them for $40.
    You're fucking mental, man! Buying a texture pack for 40 dollars is insane. Even more so because Steam's dollar to euro conversion is just balls.

Also, the engine PB used to create Gothic 3, Risen and it's sequel is called Genome.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »