Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Just arrived

Sjant ist offline

Gothic 3 help

Hello all
    I've been a fan of the Gothic series for many years now, mainly played Gothic 1 & 2. Years back I got Gothic 3 but could never really get into it, as it was rather buggy early on. Now I see in the meantime there has been a lot of patches, in fact so many it's a bit confusing!

So what I'd like to know is what patches to install to get a smooth and stable game experience from Gothic 3. I'd also like to know if I should install the expansion from the beginning and how it interferes with the main quest story of Gothic 3, is it wiser not to install it at first and play it like separate games?

Thank you in advance!

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    for better performance install patches 1.74 or 1.75 (latest) ONLY all the previous patches already contains. i advise play with only patch if it's your first time... but if you want to have a gothic 1-2 feel like in armors install QP4.2 and CM2.4 or CM2.5 (latest)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    I would advice to play only with the 1.75 path without mods at least for the first play though. Mods change the balance of the game in a bad way (best items are found on the ground rather then being gained when you get enough reputation, that allows you to buy Armour from fraction), there is no voice acting, and writing that it adds don't always feats to G3 atmosphere.

If you have decent PC then tweaking view distances in ini makes the game look much better.