Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 76
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    guys, i dont think much have to be said. just check this out and tell me what you think.
    this should be in the offtopic section...(sorry foobar).
    http://alersteam.com/blog/en/alersteam/team/
    Forward ist offline Geändert von Forward (03.11.2012 um 13:13 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Pascal(Xardas)
    Where do you see that old PBs are involved in this project? 'About us' only says that they're two core-developer with some additional friends who lend hands from time to time.
    I wish them all the best despite some theoretical issues which could occur...

Greetings,
    Pascal!
    Pascal(Xardas) ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren

Piranha-Bytes
    No Piranha (even former) involved that I know of.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    No Piranha (even former) involved that I know of.
    I love PB as much as the next guy here on WoRen, but it's almost funny when the first official post in months is a reply to probably the least relevant thread on the first page.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    I love PB as much as the next guy here on WoRen, but it's almost funny when the first official post in months is a reply to probably the least relevant thread on the first page.
    Yes, that is almost funny-
    Ariogaisus ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Knight
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, at least we now know how to make them talk. :P
    Zocky ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    Hey, at least we now know how to make them talk. :P
    Indeed. Hey, guys! There is this movie that I think some original Piranhas are working on!

Link
    Ariogaisus ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von LEDsky
    Zitat Zitat von Forward Beitrag anzeigen
    guys, i dont think much have to be said. just check this out and tell me what you think.
    this should be in the offtopic section...(sorry foobar).
    Sorry, if we caused some kind of confusion. No Piranhas are directly involved in the development of Exoplanet. I also hope Michael and other PBs are not irritated when we continue to call our debut project a spiritual successor of Gothic 1-2+Addon. Quite ambitious comparison, i know, but all we want is to create a game with thar rare feeling of "gothic", of course in different setting and stylistic.
    And yes, currently shown biome "Red Rocks" is somehow similar to the Jharkendar (we like this location from G2A so much!), but we have some more cool unique locations in our plans.
    LEDsky ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I moved it to the pub and changed the thread title to be less missleading, considering the most recent informations.

@LEDsky: It might help with financing your project if you take it to some well-known crowdfunding platform.

Asking for donations directly on your website is fine - if you find enough people to go for it. But also very risky for the investors. If they invest with you and you don't get enough capital together and the project dies, their money is gone. Crowdfunding platforms act as trustees. They only hand over the money if the project goal is met (the goal does not have to be the final game, it could also be a certain milestone). That way, investors know that they get their money back if the funding fails and are probably more willing to invest.

You should also reveal more information about you, personally. Right now, you are anonymous. You ask for money but do not tell people who that money really goes to. Show your faces, reveal your names, perhaps give a postal address where people can find you. I know it's a bit scary to leave the comfy embrace of anonymity. But you need to build up trust to get money. Right now, you are masked strangers asking for money.

I'm sure you are not really trying to cheat people out of their money and want to pull through with this project. But how do others know that?

So, if you already have enough capital coming in and your current concept works out, forget anything I said. But if you think that money is coming in a bit slow, maybe you should be a bit more open about yourselves and try a platform that inspires people's trust.

Anyway, best of luck to you! I hope it works out!
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (04.11.2012 um 19:57 Uhr)

10. #10 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Okay so, that caught my attention.

I don't think I've played a space-western RPG game before. It is something I am looking forward to, but not too hyped out about it. We'll just have to wait and see how things advance.
    Dino ist offline Geändert von Dino (04.11.2012 um 22:07 Uhr)

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    i am sorry guys for posting false information but atleast we now know that piranhas are alive,tho something stupid had to be posted to make them talk
    what do you think of this project guys? tho i did post this but i dont have much hopes.
    i know that some people on this forum had that idea, ascifi gothic game, i accidently found this and thought this might interest you.

foobar thanks for changing this theard,and sorry piranhas.
    Forward ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    what do you think of this project guys?
    I think it's a good move. At the moment, I can't think of any spectacular space-western RPG. Either that or I'm far behind in the video game world... I mean, Borderlands is something like that but not really.
    Actually, I can't think of any good Western RPG at all. Adding the Sci-Fi element to it adds nearly endless possibilities in terms of gameplay, content and story.

So, if executed properly, this could turn out to be a great game.

But for the time being there's almost no particular information released, it's just the basic ideas and all. We'll just have to wait and see, as I said.
    Dino ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von LEDsky
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    @LEDsky: It might help with financing your project if you take it to some well-known crowdfunding platform... etc.
    Thank you for the advice! But in our case things are a bit more complicated as it seems. The problem roots not in development itself but in promoting the game wisely and creating the right picture for the potential crowdfunding sponsors. When someone asks or proposes us to go to Kickstarter or Indiegogo or any other crowdfonding platform I only can answer - we will do this! Just a bit later!
    We have no big names in our team and no awarded games in our history, so basically we are unknown and suspicious strangers to the most of the players at the moment. We have no significant trust credit from the past and cannot just go to the specific platform and make succeseful campaign counting only on famous talking heads and former glory. This is not our way.

First of all we need to build a strong community of people who will trust us, support us and help us to spread the word. Then we need to release playable demo, probably small in size but relatively close to the final quality of the game. Then we need (optional) to get on Steam. Only then it will make sence for us to start full scale campaign on the crowdfonding platforms. Our deeds will speak for us an our community will help us to give the campaign the first and the most important impulse. This is our stategy for now. We all just need a bit more patience.
    And we also try to be not so anonymous in the future.
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    I think it's a good move. At the moment, I can't think of any spectacular space-western RPG. Either that or I'm far behind in the video game world... I mean, Borderlands is something like that but not really.
    Actually, I can't think of any good Western RPG at all. Adding the Sci-Fi element to it adds nearly endless possibilities in terms of gameplay, content and story.
    You are 100% right! This setting gives us unique possibilities for making visual design, gameplay, story, characters etc.
    We chose it not randomly but after proper research and long internal debates and we hope neither we nor players will regret this choice to be made.
    LEDsky ist offline Geändert von LEDsky (05.11.2012 um 18:02 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master
    Looks intriguing. When I see the headline on the site I defenetly think of Gothic II.
    Seeing as you have a playable version, you can give it to a few famous internet personalities(like Angry Joe, TotalBiscuit, Spoony or some other) and ask them to spread the word. And then you might have enough publicity to attempt using one of those funding sites, or whatever they're called.
    Mage Master ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von LEDsky
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    Seeing as you have a playable version, you can give it to a few famous internet personalities(like Angry Joe, TotalBiscuit, Spoony or some other) and ask them to spread the word. And then you might have enough publicity to attempt using one of those funding sites, or whatever they're called.
    As soon as we are sure that the actual version of the game will provide the desired inpression to the player we will contact thoose guys and manu pther popular podcasters and reviewers etc.

Somehow i managed to cancel my subscripton to the English thread on WOP!
    Here's some new content:
    LEDsky ist offline Geändert von LEDsky (21.10.2013 um 22:46 Uhr)

16. #16 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von LEDsky
    LEDsky ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von LEDsky
    There are many ways of fining sidequests in Exoplanet, but this one is probably the most convenient

[Bild: 87__640x480_terminal3.png]
    Bounty Hunter Terminal - more than simple billboard!

We have also added a short article explaining a bit more about Exoplanet's currencies and gambling games
    LEDsky ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    This looks fantastic!

How is the game world structured? One zone (or several big masses quests run across like in Gothic 2) or more of a fragmented Risen 2 type of world?
    Powaz ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von LEDsky
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    This looks fantastic!

How is the game world structured? One zone (or several big masses quests run across like in Gothic 2) or more of a fragmented Risen 2 type of world?
    The best example will be Borderlands 2 - loadable zones (levels) with one or several quest hubs and transition points between them, but we have more open structure of the world and lots of smaller and bigger Gothic-like handmade caves.
    And those zones are quite large. Later, if we get enough funding for the stretch goals, we can merge these levels in one seamless world, cause our new technology alows it, but currently we dont want to focus on thois feature as a main pillar of the game. Some quests will lead you to another zone as well, so the main story and also certain sidequests are not so fragmented as it could be expeected from having a number of levels.
    LEDsky ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    These days I keep pinching myself, because all that is happening in the gaming world is unbelievable. So much I sometimes fear I am dreaming. The return of tactical CRPG's, adventure games etc.

I wish PB saw the benefits of a kickstarter. They don't have a chance to compete with all those huge AAA titles like TES series anyway, so why aren't they focusing mainly on their diehard fans is beyond me. I know what they will say. The publisher-developer marriage model suits them fine, as it allows them to create games the way they envision them. Might be true, but nonetheless Risen 2 feels like a huge compromise with its linear corridor type of gameplay and some other things (awfully reminding me of BioWare type of games).
    Powaz ist offline

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »