Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

naurismucenieks ist offline

Post Some stuff on G3 on low-end machine. Guru issues. SORTOF solved.

So - hello everybody!
    My name is Nauris. im a fan of gohic series.

ive been following this forum,site and all other stuff related to gothic series for a longlonglong time now.
    most of the time i found my answers in these forums - they are the best!

but now - im so stuck, i cant move anymore further.
    so for the first time - im coming here to ask for help from the gurus.
    so i appoligise for the fact that i make a new thread regarding this.

so my specs are :

Windows 7 Pro service pack (build 7601)
    CPU frequency in Mhz 1862
    RAM 1526
    Video memory 256
    Shader model 2.0
    And my video card is a intel chipset 945GM (think GM) with a modded driver called Sherry ( version 1.3.1 ). And yes - its a notebook.
    All in all - the game specs are met - and i could run it. In principal.

So - i tried all i could possibly imagine to try.
    i tried to run CP 1.6 - no effect. Where is the guru? - always.
    First i got a really long guru post.
    i used 3D analyze to skip shader check at 1.4 and 2.0 and forse using 1.4, the big guru post ended. Then i added "run as administrator" and compatability to XP SP 3. somewhat effect.
    now it said that GENOME Engine isnt working.
    i tried adding G3 to DEP, no effect.
    Somewhere i read that i would need to improve to the latest patch - CP 1.75. GREAT IDEA!

unfortunatly they removed the 1.4 and 2.0 shader support with this patch.. kinda weird, but ok.

so. i tried to downgrade to 1.74 and im hacking even further.
    but now im totally stuck because it says :" g_App::Create failed: Cant create application singleton. Check log for more infos."
    ive commed so far and yet - im stuck - why? because now i have totally no idea what does that mean.

i know you guys will think that i should get a better PC, forget it or something like that, but i would really appriciate if you could help me, just a little, atleast pointing out some problems for me - because then i would be a verry happy dude.
    and i would have atleast 300 hours of gameplay for the looooooong winter nights..
    cheers and thanks to everyone!

UPDATE !!

i tried reinstalling gothic 3 anew.
    applied the old 1.6 patch.

then :

i got a program called "intel GMA REG modder" and after using it in software mode - guess what happened?!

NO MORE GURU, the game started playing intro movies and stuff, but then crashed saying the same old Genome error - BUT no guru!

ill be trying a few more tricks, aswell applying 1.74 patch in just a sec.
    stay tuned!

so i added swiftshader 3.0 ( its supposed to be a tweaker you put in your game directory (next to .exe file) and it "emulates pixelshader 3.0) , also tuned up a little with Gothic 3 tuning utility.
    didnt help thou.

and this is it.
    i finally launched it.
    i made several other tweaks and tune-ups, much as possible.
    but the performance is making me feel bad thou.
    id say its unplayable.
    in any case, if this stuff helps somebody, im glad.

also, if someone can suggest any other tweaks which would increase the performance, feel free to express yourselfes..
    thanks and cheers!

:P
    Geändert von naurismucenieks (05.11.2012 um 07:53 Uhr) Grund: changed the content of the post. :)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    I must admit that I admire your perseverance in trying to get this baby to run, but...if you like pushing a boulder up the mountain, keep trying!

If I wanted to be a very happy dude and spend long winter nights in Gothic 3, I'd invest in a good, used desktop with a REAL video card. But if you have no extra gold I don't know what to tell you.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    I don't think in principle Gothic 3 is supposed to run well or at all on integrated chipsets.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    And I run Gothic 3 max graph, without lag, shatter, or idk what else, yeaaaaa.
    If you even try to look the other way...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i have some lags on my pc when i max out everything with the gametool...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

naurismucenieks ist offline
    well, actually - i would invest some $$$ in a new PC, but currently - im just short for such luxuries.

in any case - thanks for the support.
    the last tests proved that G3 is just realllly hungry for some Mhz and/or RAM, so i got the game running, but i didnt launch it. i was kinda scared i would blow up my laptop.

althou [!] i did get G2 : GOLD running, really nice and smooth, no gurus, nothing.
    it was just absurd when i tried for the first time to run G2 and G1 on my laptop, and they showed guru error. just plain funny.

BUT i also run oblivion now.. if any body is interested - the project is called OLDBLIVION.
    pretty nice, if you ask me..
    they are trying to run Fallout 3 too. on REALLY old machines.
    just google for some screenshots.. just amazing.

all in all, thank you for showing love and stuff. ill be keeping an' "I" on this forum.

P.s. this is my favorite place. :P

oh, and i believe, that when we will die, we will go to Myrtana, or Khorinis.
    which one is favorite for whom..

cheers.