Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie Avatar von Jackseller

Jackseller ist offline

Gothic 2 NOTR : Patch for wide screens 16:9 and 16:10

Hi all,

I wasn't satisfied with the different solutions found on this forum, so i decided to code myself a patch easy to use to solve the problem of Gothic 2 NOTR and the wide screens (16:9 and 16:10).

This patch is compatible only with Gothic II The Night of the Raven + Gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2
    I have no idea if it works correctly with the Community Patches since i don't use them.

First, you have to install the patch with the correct path. Exemple : C:\Program Files (x86)\JoWooD\Gothic II\
    When the installation is finished, the program runs automatically. Choose your graphic resolution for the game and press the PATCH GOTHIC II button. Simple !

Edit September 2015 : when i made this patch in 2012, i forgot about the 2048x1536 graphic limitation of DirectX 7. So here is a new appropriate version, including new 2048x1152 resolution.

[Bild: 81b76d73-563f-42af-95a5-d86e9a1a8ec2.jpg]

What this patch does ?

The first thing the patch does is to adjust the graphic resolution and activate the extentedMenu in the Gothic.ini.

As you know, Gothic II is not displayed correctly on wide screens, it is stretched. It looks like this :

[Bild: 34eadaec-151f-4eca-be81-cf3e61a4f4e9.jpg]

So, the second thing this patch does is to modify the Gothic2.exe with adequate FOV values (thanks NicoDe). Now it looks like this :

[Bild: dfcbf086-126f-4582-bddc-8399c55903e0.jpg]

The problem with these new values is that they cut the legs of our nameless hero because the camera is too close and with a inadequate point of view.
    Finally, the third thing this patch does is to replace the camera.dat with a new one that fits better with the wide screens. Now it looks like this (At least, we can see his legs now !) :

[Bild: 489447e4-d2f4-4d59-80fa-6b295412a4fb.jpg]

If something goes wrong or if you don't like the result, just press the 'Restore defaut values' button and a backup of the Gothic2.exe and camera.dat will be restored while the graphic resolution in the Gothic.ini will be reset to 800x600.The program patch is located in ..\Gothic II\system.

You can download the patch from here >>> DOWNLOAD
    Geändert von Jackseller (22.09.2015 um 14:42 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Well, this is certainly interesting and needed. Until now I had to modify the ini file before each play (had a desktop shortcut to the ini) to 1366*768*32, yet when loading a saved game the image would still be stretched before talking to an NPC.

Kudos and +1 to you, mate. And welcome here, hope you have a good and long stay. Innos knows these forums need fresh blood.

EDIT: Now I see you are a member since 2006, yet you only posted twice. Hope you'll be more active from now on.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Jackseller ist offline
    Yes, i read this forum for a very long time. But i never post, maybe because i'm not very comfortable with english language, or just lazy .

And BTW, i have edited my first post because i have re-uploaded the patch, this time including the 1366 x 768 resolution .

Well, now it's time to go to bed !
    Geändert von Jackseller (31.10.2012 um 02:22 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Your sir, visited my dreams, and solved one of my old G2 problems, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    If you even try to look the other way...

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    "only for gothic 2 NOTR" i play with "Returning" mod with res of 1680x1050-32 will it work? or it's only for PURE G2 NOTR?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Jackseller ist offline
    I have quickly read the Returning Mod thread.

I don't know what type of Gothic 2 installation type you have. But with a Gothic 2 NOTR + Gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2 and if you have installed the Returning Mod as a mod, yes it should work without problem.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    ok, thanks for the info

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Rookie

Elvedred ist offline
    Hi there. First of all, thank you for the patch!

Secondly, I have a small problem. When I install it, it says it could not find Gothic2.exe.
    I am running the GoG version on Windows 7, and I have already installed the first patch you linked, the 2.7 rev one.

If you want to know more, I will reply with more details.

Thanks

P.S. I have the game installed in another directory than the default one, but that's where I pointed the patch anyway.
    Geändert von Elvedred (02.11.2012 um 01:27 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Are you sure that gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2.exe report version was installed successfully? Maybe you haven't rights to update Gothic2.exe and Gothic2.exe.manifest files? I recommend to verify their properties at first:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Gothic2.exe - size 9038140 bytes, date 28.08.2007, time 01:31:22, version 2.6 (fix), CRC32 checksum 2BCD7E30
    Gothic2.exe.manifest - size 541 bytes, date 28.08.2007, time 01:32:16, CRC32 checksum 2FE3A0C0

To avoid it I recommend to install report version and run wide-screen patch as administrator.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Ranger

Kilrha ist offline
    You have fixed a problem that should've been fixed a very long time ago. Thanks man, you're the best!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

Jackseller ist offline
    Thanks guys ! I agree, a fix should've been released a very long time ago.

Zitat Zitat von Elvedred Beitrag anzeigen
    P.S. I have the game installed in another directory than the default one, but that's where I pointed the patch anyway.
    Hi Elvedred,

The installer adds automatically \Gothic II at the end of the path.
    So if you select a different path, be sure that you don't have it twice at the end.
    In this case, remove the last \Gothic II and install the patch again.

EDIT : I have uploaded a new version of the patch with a different installer script, download it again and tell if this time it works correctly for you please.
    Geändert von Jackseller (02.11.2012 um 17:48 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Rookie

Elvedred ist offline
    Thanks a lot Jack, you were right .

I had another problem with the voices after that, but I found the fix on the net.

A few days ago I was almost going to get my old 4.3 monitor out of storage and replace my HDMI widescreen just to play G2. All I can say is your timing was impeccable.

Thanks again for this fix . Cheers!

Edit: I used the original patch installer, it was just a matter of deleting the Gothic II extension from the install path. I did it before I saw your edit, but it worked .
    Geändert von Elvedred (02.11.2012 um 18:04 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

Jackseller ist offline
    Hmm maybe... The first time you applied my patch, it certainly created a Gothic II folder inside your true Gothic II folder. Delete it and tell me if the voices are back.

Edit one more time : If you post faster than my answers, i can't help you...
    Glad it works for you .
    Geändert von Jackseller (02.11.2012 um 18:09 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Rookie

Elvedred ist offline
    sorry about the fast edits .

I wanted to say that after it didn't work the first time, I did a clean re-install of the game, so the problem with the voices was on the clean install (I made sure to delete everything left in the G2 folder after uninstalling, and also registry cleaned).

What I did to get the voices back was this, if anyone else needs it:

• Go to <Your Gothic directory>/_work/data/scripts/content/cutscene
    • Rename the file Ou.dat to Ou.bin
    • Rename the file Ou.lsc to Ou.csl

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy

Bamfy ist offline
    Can somebody upload the patch else where? That link doesn't work for me.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

Jackseller ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    Can somebody upload the patch else where? That link doesn't work for me.
    Fixed

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Apprentice

Andrewww ist offline
    Hey there I just wanted to thank you for this patch, it works flawless.

Do you think you can do the same thing for Gothic 1 ? Is there a widescreen patch for Gothic 1 ?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Just arrived

feomathar999 ist offline
    hey when i installed your patch it says that the CAMERA.DAT not found i have gothic 2 notr. is there any fix?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Adventurer Avatar von LastKnownMeal

LastKnownMeal ist offline
    Well finally something awesome. Thank you for this!
    ​​My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/LastKnownMeal