Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 16 von 16
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Alcarin ist offline

Gothic 3 questions!

hello Gothic fans!

I am having currently a little trouble in my Gothic 3 play...

So to start i NEVER finished GOTHIC 3 but finished Gothic 1, 3 times and Gothic 2, 7 times and 1 time NOTR.

So lately i found will to replay Gothic 3 with CPT 1,75.014 and i never ever came further (when i played it) than liberating Montera.

So I am:

- lvl 28 with 40 FREE LP
    - advanced locks skill (to open difficult locks)
    - advanced fighter/bow user
    - 300 HP/220 endurance
    - Teleporter stone to Vengard (for king)
    - Ardea/Cape Dun/montera freed
    I have:
    - Longsword and regular shield (still did not buy advanced shield parry)
    - Ranger Bow
    - 149.988 gold coins
    - tons of healing plants/60+ healing potions
    - 0 armors
    - Adanos ring for 50+HP

So i cleared many caves, killed hundreds of mobs and even some trolls, i scouted alot of north Myrtana, now i am asking which is the best way to go, currently i only have 3 quests.

- Find Xardas
    - Talk to the king
    - Find the helmet of the first Paladin

Now i wish to liberate some more cities because i would really like to have Heavy Rebel Armor before i teleport into Vengard!

The question is what is the best way to go with most fun quests, since i know once i get certain rep(whats the number) Orcs will attack me on sight, So before i get to that part i wish to liberate the hardest and most engaging city left. I feel kinda lost because some mobs are getting rather hard (wargs, trolls, etc...) without any armor at all, but I am saving alot.

I am also acquiring pickaxes and bread and roast meat for Vengard, think hammers and bundles are left to start acquiring.

Anyway id appreciate any ideas where have you guy moved after you freed Montera, Gotha and obtained Teleporter to the King. Funny i was never lost in Gothic 1 and 2 ...

oh and yes i want to obtain impossible locks skill to open all chests and i know its from Lares in Geldern so i guess this should be my destination or?

Thanks in advance!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Hi, so to start...

Don't get pick impossible lock because there are a MAXIMUM of 10 impossible chest in the game, which don't contain enteresting stuff and you can open them via Open Locks Spell.

The Ideea of Gothic 3 more or less in my opinion was to go to Venguard pretty late in the game, but it doesn't metter at all, you should do all the Myrtana quest and I suggest you not liberaty anymore city, as the orcs will become youre enemy where you go afterwards.

Make any possible quest in every Myrtana City and just head on Varant.
    If you even try to look the other way...

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

Alcarin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, so to start...

Don't get pick impossible lock because there are a MAXIMUM of 10 impossible chest in the game, which don't contain enteresting stuff and you can open them via Open Locks Spell.

The Ideea of Gothic 3 more or less in my opinion was to go to Venguard pretty late in the game, but it doesn't metter at all, you should do all the Myrtana quest and I suggest you not liberaty anymore city, as the orcs will become youre enemy where you go afterwards.

Make any possible quest in every Myrtana City and just head on Varant.
    Thanks for this input, however my personal wish is to obtain ''Heavy Rebel Armor'' which requires 40% rebel reputation and currently I am on 35%...

ok so i will not get impossible lock opening and liberate more cities What skills should i obtain them only get to 300 str to get regeneration?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Don't liberate anymore cities; the hostility of the orcs towards you is based on the amount of cities you've liberated. 3 is the limit, excluding Ardea. Do all quests in all cities before liberating another. There are also Orcs in Varant that will attack you if you liberate 3 or more cities. It's best to leave those cities until you've finished with the Orcs in Varant.

There are many ways to increase your reputation with the rebels, just do their quests and you'll have 40% maybe even 60% with them, enough for the paladin armour.

Skills I'd recommend would be the prospector skill. It allows you to obtain double the ore yield from mining. For each iron ore vein you mine you'll get 10 iron ore and that can be used to smith Bastard Swords(they sell for 4k each). Another one is the bargain skill, it decreases merchant's prices and increases your selling prices.

Regeneration is a good skill but it's difficult to get because you can only get it if you choose certain paths.

The toughest city would probably be Faring, there is no rebels nor anyway to start the liberation quest. You're on your own and that city is full of orcs.
    Geändert von NCONiall (27.10.2012 um 14:44 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice

Alcarin ist offline
    Don't liberate anymore cities; the hostility of the orcs towards you is based on the amount of cities you've liberated. 3 is the limit, excluding Ardea. Do all quests in all cities before liberating another. There are also Orcs in Varant that will attack you if you liberate 3 or more cities. It's best to leave those cities until you've finished with the Orcs in Varant.
    ok Ill do as you suggest!

There are many ways to increase your reputation with the rebels, just do their quests and you'll have 40% maybe even 60% with them, enough for the paladin armour.
    Problem is cos i kidna have 0 quests for rebels, Okara seems to give me no quests, only the Smith wants more men and i gave him Rufus, Paladin leader then wants me to go speak to the king.... maybe if i go to Gotha now thats being rebuilt? More quests there or?

I got some nice rep with rebels, i killed those nasty shadowbeasts, some cowardly goblins on the way to Montera, and before liberating Montera i cleaned Camp guards and kettle etc...

Ill check around!

Skills I'd recommend would be the prospector skill. It allows you to obtain double the ore yield from mining. For each iron ore vein you mine you'll get 10 iron ore and that can be used to smith Bastard Swords(they sell for 4k each). Another one is the bargain skill, it decreases merchant's prices and increases your selling prices.
    Bargain sounds nice, however about prospecting i dont have any plans about smithing really, it also seems my gold is on 150k which is good already. Ill think about it.

Regeneration is a good skill but it's difficult to get because you can only get it if you choose certain paths.
    You could spoiler me those paths i would not be angry really, i thought this was the best of all skills really, because it removes downtime of eating/drinking ... nvm i found it on the internet.

The toughest city would probably be Faring, there is no rebels nor anyway to start the liberation quest. You're on your own and that city is full of orcs.
    Good to know!

So far my plans are:

- Obtain Heavy Rebel Armor
    - Go see Helmet of the first Paladin
    - Scout alot of wilderness of Myrtana!

After all that should i go south or North? Where is better for progression path?

When i do those 3 parts of my plan ill be back.!
    Geändert von Alcarin (27.10.2012 um 15:03 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Gaining rep with rebels it's easy stuff, you can get 60+ enough for paladin armor before goin to Varant or Nordmar, mainly only in Myrtana, please check this link http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthre...ith-the-Rebels

It shows on EVERY MYRTANA city, what you can do to gain rep with Rebels.

Also check this map http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...achmentid=8019

Get all the 'Heavy chests' which are marked with Red Numbers, if you want awesome weapons and stuff:P
    If you even try to look the other way...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Apprentice

Alcarin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Gaining rep with rebels it's easy stuff, you can get 60+ enough for paladin armor before goin to Varant or Nordmar, mainly only in Myrtana, please check this link http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthre...ith-the-Rebels

It shows on EVERY MYRTANA city, what you can do to gain rep with Rebels.

Also check this map http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...achmentid=8019

Get all the 'Heavy chests' which are marked with Red Numbers, if you want awesome weapons and stuff:P
    THANKS ALOT!

The reputation i found a little before your post the map is amazingly helpful and on my way to see if i can find Ruby sword

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alcarin Beitrag anzeigen
    After all that should i go south or North? Where is better for progression path?

When i do those 3 parts of my plan ill be back.!
    Go to Varant, I'd advise against Nordmar, save that for when you're really strong. The only time you should go to Nordmar early is to
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    find Xardas.

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    there is SO MUCH to do in gothic 3 that it's mind boggling! can't believe you can't find what to do... it takes me months to finish gothic 3...
    right now i play gothic 2 NOTR with Mod that i already put a month into...

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Go south, the desert is maybe even better then the Myrthana, and progress wise it makes more sense to go there. North seems underdeveloped, the quests are much worse there, and there is too much combat.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    I skipped all the reactions.

First thing, it is quite easy to get to 40% rep, u dont need to liberate 3 towns or more for that, just do ALL quests -also orc ones.
    Even if u have 100% (and no towns liberated) the Orcs won't attack u.
    U have the reputation to liberate towns after 3 liberations. Don't talk to their leaders, or they'll become hostile - otherwise not I believe.
    And indeed, finish Myrtana, then do Varant.
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Apprentice

Alcarin ist offline
    Thanks for all the input so far, but i have a little problem....

i killed 2 nasty shadowbeasts outside okara but have no horns and cannot finish quest for Candella and this bothers me any solution for this?

i am 99% i got no horns but i never learned taking horns anyway

Also i cannot find the homeless guy and the magician for Okara needs more people quest.

i think i checked all places lol or im completely blind!
    Geändert von Alcarin (28.10.2012 um 11:02 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

NCONiall ist offline
    i killed 2 nasty shadowbeasts outside okara but have no horns and cannot finish quest for Candella and this bothers me any solution for this?
    I usually get this problem aswell. It can be any shadowbeast horn, just learn the skill and you'll eventually come to some shadowbeasts.

Also i cannot find the homeless guy and the magician for Okara needs more people quest.
    The magician can be difficult to find. He's in a cave south east(I think) of Okara, you'll eventually find him. If you can't watch this video here from 14:00 onwards, it shows you how to get there from the Montera farm.

I'm not sure what you mean by the homeless guy; there's a guy south of Okara on a hill with alot of trees. There's also another guy north east of Okara in a cave with a bunch of Ripperbeasts.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Apprentice

Alcarin ist offline
    This guy i mean whome you give booze and later ask him to go work to Okara for Manning for Okara needs more people quest.

Booze for the prospector

This quest is given by Owen the homeless prospector you can meet near Okara.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15

NCONiall ist offline
    Ah, he's the one just south of Okara, on a hill with a bunch of trees. The trees kinda hide him, you should be able to see his campfire.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Apprentice

Alcarin ist offline
    found him thanks for some directions