Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline

Sleeper necklace from G3's Collector's Edition

Hello WoG!

First of all I apologize for being a terrible forum member. Sadly short term interests and internet habits can change completely over a longer period and I've gone from visiting WoP forums multiple times per hour to checking it twice per month. I do however remember fondly the time I spent on this board.

Secondly, please move this topic to Peanuts if it doesn't belong to GD. From what I remember it falls closer to Gothic than the kind of threads posted in Peanuts and hopefully some of the posters who don't check the off-topic section may be able to help me.

Now to get to the point, recently I've been very interested in getting one of the Sleeper necklaces/amulets/medallions (picture, CE unboxing video, Björn Pankratz wearing it, #2) that were included in the German and French Collector's Editions of Gothic 3.

I'd like to ask if there is any way of getting the amulet short of buying myself a CE* since I already have 2 physical copies of G3 and have no interest in paying for the remaining CE contents.

My not understanding German has been a big hindrance in finding a German store/site selling such merchandise so I would greatly appreciate any links. However with the help of Google translate and much much patience I've been able to find the Pinnbrett subforum of WoP which seems to have topics like these #1 #2 where fans sold their goods and 2 request topics #1 #2 which has been less successful but may be worth a shot since there are still members willing to part with the necklace .

So to sum up, I would be thankful to anyone who helps me find the necklace either by itself from some online store or show me a better deal for the German and French G3 CE or help me establish some communication with the German part of WoP (either that is via a thread or pm or some other way) where I could buy what I want of some fellow Gothic fan.

*JoWood inconveniently gave the combined G3+FG pack the same name so contemporary searches are full of the rather less than useful new CEs. Ebay doesn't have the original CE at all while of all the various Amazon sites the UK one has the cheapest deal (which is convenient since I'm currently located in the UK) although I'm not absolutely sure if that is the CE that has the necklace but I can always ask the seller.

tl;dr
    Willing to pay for this, please help me find it.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf

HerrFenrisWolf ist offline
    I have one of the Sleeper necklaces from my German Collectors Edition I donated me myself at christmas 2006. The necklace is little piece made of some sort of plastic or something. It is nice looking and I wear it very often. The necklace Björn is wearing in the video is a real silver more detailed version surely made by a jeweler. Some German sellers still have the CE of G3, last year I saw the version with the giant barbarian statue for only 20 euro.

PS: the original leather tape is to short and made me some problems but you can easily change it.
    Geändert von HerrFenrisWolf (26.10.2012 um 12:26 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Thanks for answering!

Zitat Zitat von HerrFenrisWolf Beitrag anzeigen
    I have one of the Sleeper necklaces from my German Collectors Edition I donated me myself at christmas 2006. The necklace is little piece made of some sort of plastic or something. It is nice looking and I wear it very often. The necklace Björn is wearing in the video is a real silver more detailed version surely made by a jeweler.
    I thought I looked cheap(er than Björn's) but according to this review and this unboxing video it is metallic
    Nevertheless, if it is durable (and I would guess it is since you've had it for almost 6 years) and not extremely toy-looking I am still very much willing to get it.

Some German sellers still have the CE of G3, last year I saw the version with the giant barbarian statue for only 20 euro.
    Would you be kind enough as to name me a couple so I could look into their deals and shipping restrictions? Do you think the one I found on Amazon is a good deal if the retail prices are around 20€?

PS: the original leather tape is to short and made me some problems but you can easily change it.
    Yeah I noticed that it's not of the highest quality but I have a spare silver chain which it should work with perfectly.

On a completely unrelated yet utterly predictable note, is there any chance you/your team could make a new update post, akin to last year's Signs of Life, on the CSP website? Even the German part has been mostly stale since July. Or will I be able to track some sort of updates from the team if I read through the latest CSP topics at the German WoG?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    I am interested in one as well. If I can't find it for sale, I will carve it myself in aluminum if necessary. It is quite easy to do so.

All you need is wax, clay, aluminum and an iron mug in which to melt the aluminum.

Carve the sleeper amulet in a block of wax, then cover it in clay, leaving but a small orifice at the top. Proceed to heating the aluminum to cca. 700 degrees Celsius (melting point) in the iron mug (bbq coal should be able to reach that temperature if used right) and then pour it through the small orifice. It will vaporize the wax and retain the shape. Sink the block of clay in cold water for it to harden, then break the clay and have the amulet.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

@ Kostaz
    That seems to be a good deal. But I can't find any sentence about the content in the box and the two covers are confusing. The first grey cover is from the original Gothic 3 CE like I have, the second red one ( with that black stripe ) one is from a special deal version that includes Gothic 3 and that crap "addon" Forsaken Gods.
    So which one they sell? Can't find anything to this question.

In the German Amazon the sell a new Gothic 3 CE to the orignial price ( what freaked me out ) and with a little bit looking to a price of 30 Euro. There are some second hand offers to 23 Euro ( with complete box content ) too.

Hope you can follow this link:
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listin...condition=used

I would take the one from "snuere", because the price and he writes "Limitierte Sammlerauflage: komplett/vollständig" that his offered box includes everything.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    I messaged the two sellers on amazon.uk who were selling for ~15 quid and one was selling the FG CE while the other couldn't tell me which one he had. So I'm left with the German CE that you linked. Not sure about it however since 26E is a bit pricey

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    I messaged the two sellers on amazon.uk who were selling for ~15 quid and one was selling the FG CE while the other couldn't tell me which one he had. So I'm left with the German CE that you linked. Not sure about it however since 26E is a bit pricey
    Maybe not that expensive, today the pound is stronger than the euro.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Yeah it's around 20 quid, it's just that it's over the "mental" limit I had set. Do you think there's a chance I could find/get a better deal on the Pinnbrett subforum?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah it's around 20 quid, it's just that it's over the "mental" limit I had set. Do you think there's a chance I could find/get a better deal on the Pinnbrett subforum?
    I would take the deal, it isn't that expensive and you get whole CE with all goodies: necklace, map, the small version of the gothic artbook ( ok it's German but it has nice pictures ), the making off dvd ( don't know about subtitels ) and.... the great Soundtrack!
    Thats a awesome pack and maybe your fist step to the epic German language.