Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline

Quest Package - any way to play without neutral armours?

They had completely broken the economy of the game, they had made the reputation next to useless, and getting new Armour isn't exciting any more. I could not pick up those armors but it feels stupid to leave the most powerful items when exploring so I rather have them be removed from the game. I had tried to play QP but I did loose interest for that reason, and I wanted to try it again, and the new patch as well.

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    Content Mod allows you to make armors hostile or none hostile to different fractions.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    You are mistaken, Morra, because Content Mod not removes neutral armors from the game. On the contrary, in the CM this list is slightly expanded, since a light armors of the all fractions were made neutral.

I don't think that a neutral armors breaks the game balance since their characteristics are almost a little worse than at a fractional armors of the same level. For example, the neutral leather armor which can be bought from Joy or Jens, gives a smaller protection than the light rebel or mercenary armors.
    Geändert von Dimus (24.10.2012 um 09:20 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    You are mistaken, Morra, because Content Mod not removes neutral armors from the game. On the contrary, in the CM this list is slightly expanded, since a light armors of the all fractions were made neutral.

I don't think that a neutral armors breaks the game balance since their characteristics are almost a little worse than at a fractional armors of the same level. For example, the neutral leather armor which can be bought from Joy or Jens, gives a smaller protection than the light rebel or mercenary armors.
    The best Armour is dragon hunter Armour, also I had found very good Armour at pretty low level in Haran Ho cave before I could get much REP with any fraction, it had made me completely overpowered for my level, I got Armour that good when I was closer to the end of the game then to start without QP.

Now I swim in gold with no need to buy armour, or at best I would get slightly better Armour. I liked that in Gothic games the Armours are separated from what you can find, and that they cost arm , and leg (in G3) it makes gold, and Armours special. (and in G3 it makes fractions important since getting armours is the main reason to get REP in them)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    The dragon hunter armor doesn't exist in QP, it's a pure CM feature (in a version 2.5 you can find it if you have selected a dragon hunter during CM installation). And to receive an old templar armor, you must to reach Haran Ho's tomb and eliminate a minecrawler warrior.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    The dragon hunter armor doesn't exist in QP, it's a pure CM feature (in a version 2.5 you can find it if you have selected a dragon hunter during CM installation). And to receive an old templar armor, you must to reach Haran Ho's tomb and eliminate a minecrawler warrior.
    I did play in polish version, and they had combined QP with CM. Minecrawler warrior isn't hard to kill. Old templar Armour is what 70(? from what I recall), and protection from heat, the heavy Armour that requires doing plenty of quest for a fraction is 80, and costs allot.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ Kraszu:
    You don't want to see a neutral armors in game? Then don't wait that it will make somebody another, and start to study bases of the G3 mod making and how to work with the Genome Lite Edition modkit.

I can give you a lot of hints:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    1. All G3 armors were made as bodies and their definitions are located in a *.tple files inside the Templates.* packages, for example, light assasin's armor:
    NPC\__Master_Humans\HumanBodyParts_Body_Body_AssNovice_rtw.tple
    2. Belonging of an armor to the fraction is set by gCItem_PS.Quality parameter value. You can look a details in a section 1.5.2 (Reaction on armor) of CP_1.7x_Manual_for_Modders.pdf file.
    3. As an example you can look how I returned to the light armors belonging to the fractions, which present in QP v4 Update 2, but for a some reason was removed in CM since version 2.3. Certainly, to apply these changes you must to start a new game.
    Geändert von Dimus (26.10.2012 um 12:03 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Thanks, maybe I will use this info next time as I had started the game already. I did install in without CM (was in installer options of polish QP) so at least there will be no dragon hunter Armour, and some other imba items.

btw. is there a way to bind armors? Getting to inventory all of the time to change them is little tedious. I actually did buy light mercenary Armour that didn't had swords, and that was expensive compared to rebel one (with swords in icon) but they attack me in Reddock when I wear it. They don't attack me in Ardea.
    Geändert von Kraszu (26.10.2012 um 12:36 Uhr)