Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123
Ergebnis 41 bis 53 von 53
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Alright, alright, so we can forget about the staff, seeing as I've become so powerful I don't even need potions anymore to thrive. I've found and tallied all the Fire Chalices to their rightful owners and Frithjof the Nordmarian as 'my' paladin, which is all nice and peachy, but now I'd like to get to learn the last three spells from the Dominance category. I know that you can learn them at Innos' grand shrine at the monastery, but what do I need to do to be able to learn them??? Be level 60 or something?

And one other thing. I know the location of Xardas' tower, but I don't know where I should go to get up the mountain. So, is the 'entrance' of the mountain north, east, west or south of its center, or is there a teleporter stone that can get you up there?

Philip of the Fire Clan AKA Nordmarian???
    The coin is still turning.
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KeeperUTX Beitrag anzeigen
    Alright, alright, so we can forget about the staff, seeing as I've become so powerful I don't even need potions anymore to thrive. I've found and tallied all the Fire Chalices to their rightful owners and Frithjof the Nordmarian as 'my' paladin, which is all nice and peachy, but now I'd like to get to learn the last three spells from the Dominance category. I know that you can learn them at Innos' grand shrine at the monastery, but what do I need to do to be able to learn them??? Be level 60 or something?
    Ok, u gotta 'join' Innos to be able to learn these spells, as they are "overpowered" or smth, they're not for everyone, lets say followers of Beliar, and Innos himself teaches u these, I think. I have never reached this stage in G3.

And one other thing. I know the location of Xardas' tower, but I don't know where I should go to get up the mountain. So, is the 'entrance' of the mountain north, east, west or south of its center, or is there a teleporter stone that can get you up there?

Philip of the Fire Clan AKA Nordmarian???
    I have also not reached this part, but I think, from what I've seen from a vid, that it's just a staircase, I don't know where it starts
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Just get a G3 interactive map:
    http://death-to-spies.com/aho/g3imap/
    Hanson has a dog that will lead you to the tower, and you will find almost everything that you had asked for with this map.

To learn some spells you need to choose the God first, you have that info in CP_1_7x_Manual.pdf that is in your G3 installation folder.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Heh, sorry to say this... I beat ya to the punch once again

I was expecting Xardas to kill me for becoming a servant of Innos, but when I told him he just kept grunting ''Warrior of the Fire... unbelievable...'' Tch. Old people

Some more achievements and stats.

Liberated Trelis. Mediocre complications, two rebels died in the process

Liberated the furnace of the Hammer Clan (FINALLY!!!). Major complications, 3 Nordmarians and a Paladin fell in battle (Olivier from the monastery... Rest in peace, honorable warrior of Innos!).

Liberated Geldern. Only real threat were the orcs that pinned me to a wall in the shaman's housing near Marius' hut. And those damned shamans, naturally... No human casualties, just 3 or 4 demons (resummoned to give him HP back).

Completed the Fire Chalices quest, at last, all that's left is to tell Karrypto next time I load...

LVL. 65
    HP 310, approx.
    MN 306 I think.
    STR 286
    HS 170+
    AK 302 IIRC.
    Alchemy 90+
    Smithing 70+
    Thieving 61 and rising... I intend to become an assassin to add some extra killing power

Can't recall everything right now... day 44 or something like that.

I kinda like being overpowered. It gets to your head, especially when you use Meteor constantly to smite those orcs.

Speaking of orcs and meteors, here's something in reference to both that happens pretty often:

Two orcs are talking, for example. If I cast Meteor on one of them, the poor fellow that got it on the noggin simply plops down onto the ground like a fish, and the other one who is right next to him, along with WHATEVER ELSE is right next to him gets hit so hard that they fly off onto some random piece of ground. It's hilarious to see an orc fly over your head. (WHEEEEEE! )

Next intents are to liberate all three lands. SERVANTS OF BELIAR BEWARE!

@Kraszu : Thx bro!

@C-Hawk : If your location is in the sky, then you should watch out for any of my meteors and fire rains :P
    Geändert von KeeperUTX (26.11.2012 um 10:02 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45

C-Hawk ist offline
    lol, I'll watch out

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    *SHOWING OFF*

I know that it's damn easy to reach such high stats in v1.60, but I haven't been this powerful since I finished Gothic : Dark Mysteries O_O'

Lvl 73
    300 STR
    HS is STILL at 175
    AK 336
    HP/MANA approx. 330-340
    Thieve 100
    ALCH 100 (Fourty extra points I find pretty much useless...)

I have to say that I'm kinda scared of myself... Should be something like day 56 by now...

Along with that, I have to say that grabbing the Regen off of old Rhobar was a good idea, cuz now not even a million Hashishin bunholes could stop me, not unless they were all shamans And I've decide to spare Xardas. I could never kill a friend from the past, even if they are virtual.

One other question before I thrash the servants of Beliar three last times.

The remaining strongholds that still stand are Ishtar, Montera and Faring.

If I kill Zuben before I do away with Kan, will this end the game? I'd like to make sure that everything that even THINKS to worship Beliar is turned into a greasy mess on the ground

So, long inquiry short, who should I squish first? The Hashishin's spiritual leader or the power house orc with the red cape? ( saw him with Soul Travel )
    Geändert von KeeperUTX (10.12.2012 um 10:05 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    "So ends the reign of Beliar, his servants now dead and motionless on the floor where they stood, their minions scattered throughout the lands of Nordmar, Myrtana and Varant, their masters slain by the Chosen of Innos. Never again shall the darkness fill any soul, always there will be light."

Yup, finished Gothic 3. Have to say that it was a pretty good game!

Now to return to my roots. I've reinstalled Gothic 1, gave it the FPS patch and some HD textures and it works perfectly! I plan on joining the Mercenaries, seeing as I never devoted myself to the art of brutal, up-close-and-personal stabbing of swords into one's neck. wish me luck, dudes!

One last thing... Happy New Year!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Glad you enjoyed G3. Did you have any mods installed for G3? I got FPS patch and HD textures for G1 too, its a completely different game, textures are like in G2 and FPS goes from previous 25 to 50-60 . Good luck with G1, and save often on different saves so if you get a crash and a deleted save you can continue normally.

If you got time can you help me a bit about mage in G3? I wonder where from do I learn new spells? Can I learn them from shrines of Innos/Beliar? Also at how many AK do I get to learn mana regen?

And yeah haha, happy new year

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    Glad you enjoyed G3. Did you have any mods installed for G3? I got FPS patch and HD textures for G1 too, its a completely different game, textures are like in G2 and FPS goes from previous 25 to 50-60 . Good luck with G1, and save often on different saves so if you get a crash and a deleted save you can continue normally.

If you got time can you help me a bit about mage in G3? I wonder where from do I learn new spells? Can I learn them from shrines of Innos/Beliar? Also at how many AK do I get to learn mana regen?

And yeah haha, happy new year
    Thanks. G3 was a real adventure for me. Something fresh, something with some kickass spells.
    And I do save in G1 VERY often, it crashes pretty often. One of my favorite glitches in it is when someone is sitting at first, and when I return they are standing in the bench and the ground and spinning round like a pickup in UT99

And yes, the Archmagus (my desired personal rank now) of Innos can help you out. You can learn the Magic of Dominance from the Innos shrines, the Magic of Transformation from the Water Mages (example: Saturas in Al Shedim.), and the Magic of Summoning from the dark shrines of Beliar. Once you've chosen your god, you can access the most potent of their spells... (not sure about Adanos though...)

All of the Adanos shrines have gone for some profound reason. This is one of the few fragments of knowledge that I don't possess: What happened to the Adanos shrines. (If you want a bit of a story about the gods you can PM me...)

And you need a WHOPPING 250 AK to learn the power of mana regen (headache coming on yet? ;P)

If you want a strict path (example: Dominance Magic only), PM me!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Well, honestly 250 AK is a bit too much for me, that would basically mean playing first 25 levels just so I can get mana regen, and that is ruining 1/3 of the game, right? And I don't intend to use mana potions every 3-4 lightning attacks, so I got another thing planned, I just wonder if it'll work. I decided to first go hunter and get to about 300 HS and Demon Bow, I'll be about level 25 when I'm done with that. From then on I will build a mage, and even if I screw up my mage I'll still have a powerful archer so I can pass the game. And I can finance anything with gold from animal skins/claws etc. Seeing how you got to level 73 I think I will have just enough xp and levels to be a mage.

I'm playing on Orc/Hashishin side this time, just because usually I always went with rebels/nomads. I always preferred rebels/nomads way of thinking but then again I always liked hashishin armor and dark magic more . I'll probably go for summoning/transformation magic. Is it possible to learn magic from 2 gods at once or will one of them get jealous or something? Another thing that worries me is melee combat. I basically plan to not take strength at all and use summoned skeleton or demon as meat shield, do you think that would work?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51

C-Hawk ist offline
    Mike, I don't think u'll like it, but there is a way to get that 250AK faster..
    There is a skill, called Faster Learning - or Learning Faster - what it does is, instead of 10LP each lvl u get 11LP, at first this is nothing, but at lvl 50, it means ur actually lvl 55, get it?
    What I also want to state, it's effect applies from the moment u have learned it, so if u're lvl 30 atm, u won't get these LP's from the lvl's u got already, they're wasted. The lowest lvl u can get this skill without cheats is at lvl 2, though it breaks the story..
    massive spoiler: The Way of the Water Mage

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    The Way of the Water Mage
    (submitted by Wolfspirit)

The objective here is to get 85 Ancient Knowledge (AK) before gaining level 3 so we can get Learn Quickly and an extra point from lvl 3 onwards. Getting this amount of AK allows the player to invest in other areas as well to make an all round character earlier.

Ardea

Starting after the fight in Ardea (make sure you kill the Boss so you can get a World Map for free and then loot everything, you are going to need the cash) - get the teleport stone and read the book above the warehouse for +5 Ancient Knowledge. Speak to your compatriots and then get Gorn to take you to Reddock, but don't talk to any of the Rebels as we want to stay at level 2.

Cape Dun

Now run to Cape Dun and SAVE the game in front of Deckard the Quartermaster(QM). An NPC trader's inventory is created when you first open it, not at the start of the game, hence why you can reload for different things to buy. Don't talk to anyone else, speak to the QM and open his trade, if you're lucky you will get 2 +5 stones or only 1 stone, but you can also get none. At this point it's up to you if you want to play the game as it's dealt to you, or reload to get the stones - this could take a few goes. Get the teleport stone for Cape Dun by sneaking Urkrass' warehouse, don't touch the Golden Goblets, just get the stone for now.

Montera

Now teleport back to Ardea, then start running to Montera. Only use sprint when you get attacked by boars as they can kill you in a couple of hits if you're unlucky. When you get to Domenik's farm, go right past the bandits as it is a lot quicker, when you start to hear them shouting at you, just hit sprint and out run them all. Run up the south entrance of Montera past the slave camp guards and got the teleporter stone from the chest in the shack with the frightened slave in it.
    Now exit via the west gate which is very near to the shack and turn left and run down the path to the group of rebels. A bit further down the path are the remains of Bazir's caravan, get his casket, be very careful of a boar, but don't go back to him with it yet as he will make you lvl 3 in order to trade with him.

Trelis

Continue down the path to Trelis, enter Trelis via the entrance where Thorus is standing, if you arrive at night is the one nearest the Beliar alter (the teleporter stone is in a chest nect to the Beliar alter - get it). If you go in the other entrance, you get forced into a conversation about potions which could end up making you lvl 3 by Pranck the Orc. After entering at Thorus' gate, stay close to the right hand wall and enter the empty alchemist's room and read the books for another +5 AK. Exit Trelis the way you came in.

Geldern

After exiting Trelis, turn right and run up the path to Geldern (the teleporter stone is on a stone near a chest - look to the left just as you clear the tree line on the path to Geldern . Go into the slave quarter and find Hamil the audacious artifact trader among the slaves. SAVE the game before speaking to him as he can start with either 2, 1 or no stones, up to you if you want to reload as before. Next speak to Jared the artefact trader, but save the game again if you want to make sure of 2 stones. You can also get +15 AK from the Geldern arena fights, but you will also be lvl 5 at the end of them, so we come back to that.

Silden

Go out the other gate and run to Silden, don't even think about getting the Weathered Stone for +10 AK from the northern mine, Even if you manage to pick up the stone with 4 minecrawlers attaking you, the 2 crawlers in the first bit of the mine will block your way out and kill you - trust me, I tried it!! Get the teleporter stone from the standing stones ring just outside Silden. Find Temmy the fisher in Silden, again, save before you talk to him as you can get 2, 1 or no stones.

The Monastery

If you have managed to get +25 AK from the 5 NPC (including Ilya in Mora Sul) then you don't need to go to the Monastery yet. If you do decide you want to go, then this is how:
    Go to the first group of rebels where the Tired Rebel is located. Then carry on through the second group and onto the third where you take the right turn up the wooden bridge. Don't go over the bridge, instead carry on straight up the leafy brown hill. Carry on and when you see a metal chest, look to your left for another path through the trees, take this and follow the pillars of stone. Eventually you will come to a path, drop down into it. If you're on the right track, you will soon go past a metal chest, a wooden chest and a broken barrel.
    As you come to the top of the path you will see the snow bound mountains of Nordmar - stop there. There will be a healing plant in front of you and two trees to the immediate left of the healing plant. Go through the trees and up the granite path. Now you have to do some jump sliding to get up to the snow covered mountains above you. Keep right as much as you can to the edge of the mountains. After a bit of working your way around, you will see a gap in the mountains with some snow covered trees in it - head for them. When you get to the trees, turn left through some brambles. When you get to the top of the next ridge, you will see the Monastery.
    Drop down to the ridge below you where a lot of brambles are, work your way around to the right being careful not to fall directly into the courtyard - you might want to SAVE before you do this just in case. Get to a position so you can drop down using the shrine if Innos in the corner, using each level of the shrine so you take no damage.
    Once in the courtyard, again, try not to speak to anyone, but if you get to close to one of the mages, he may auto start a conversation, I'm pretty sure you don't get any XP from it though. Go into the library, equip your torch and make you way down to the bottom via the twisting staircase etc. Use the three lecterns' in the main room, one will give +5 AK and open the chest to get the teleporter stone - you need some lock picks for this chest. I would suggest you don't go through the archway to use the book called 'The Chronicles of Dominance' in the small room as this will advance a quest to near its end that you get much earlier in the game and possibly ruin the storyline for that quest, although I didn't test that. If you do use the book, your only option will then be to teleport out as the summoned demon and skeletons will kill you if you exit the small room.
    Whether you use 'The Chronicles of Dominance' or not, you now need to teleport to Cape Dun.
    Go down the path to the beach and run past the white lurkers, jump in the water and swim up the coast until you get to the huge waterfall. Now turn left and swim across the channel to Lago.

Lago

Get the teleporter stone from the compost heap near Rasula. Do nothing else here.
    Now run to ben Erai and get the teleporter stone from in front of the mines.
    Now run to Braga and use the Lecturn in Nafalem's quarters on the GROUND floor for +5 AK, don't go upstairs unless you want to get attacked. You cannot get the teleporter stone at Braga yet because to get it you have to win a duel with Bernado, if you take this duel you will get 1000 XP and become lvl 3.
    Teleport back to Lago and now run to Ben Sala - just get the teleport stone in the village.
    Now run towards Mora Sul, aim for the Orc tents to start with. You will see Lester digging, if he is taking a break at the tents wait for him to start digging again and then talk to him. He will give you two +5 stones, but whatever you do, DO NOT get the key from him that he offers you, that will give you 2000 XP. Drop down into the excavation where the slaves are digging and you will find a stone pillar in one of the rooms that will give you another +5 AK.
    Now follow the sunken path which starts where Lester is digging past the temple until you come to a large raised platform. You will see some nomads and a Water Mage called Saturas, bear to the right and you will see another tent and the water mage Myxir. Talk to him and he will give you two +5 stones.
    Now run into Mora Sul, get the teleporter stone which is near the bounty hunter Bandaro. Go to Ilya the merchant and save the game. He can give you 2, 1 or no stones. Also, as you will have around 5000 gold, you will need more, so talk to Hector the Innkeeper and borrow 1,000 gold from him. You get 2000 XP when you give him 1,400 gold back within 5 days.
    Now run to the field of ruins and the Temple of Mora Sul. Again, find the orc tents and drop down into the excavation and use a stone pillar in one of the rooms for +5 AK.
    Go back to the north the way you came so you are between the fields of ruins and Mora Sul. Now run in a north westerly direction. After a bit, you will see the Murat's oasis, stay south of it, you will now see a rocky ledge in the desert, run just south of it and as you go past the end of the outcrop, head almost due north and you will see the cave of Mendarion. He will give you a two +5 stones.
    Now you should have at least 85 Ancient Knowledge, with the 20 learning points you already have, thats 100 AK and a spare 5 points for Learn Quickly which will cost you 5,000 gold. You can learn this from Mendarion.

Summary of AK available without gaining enough XP to make you level 3 :
    There are 60 points of AK guaranteed at:
    Ardea +5
    Trelis +5
    Monastery +5
    Braga +5
    Al Shedim Temple Stone Pillar +5
    Lester +10
    Myxir +10
    Mora Sul Temple Stone Pillar +5
    Mendarion +10

There are 50 points of non guaranteed AK at:
    Cape Dun - Deckard +10
    Geldern - Hamil +10, Jared +10
    Mora Sul - Ilya +10
    Silden - Temmy +10

The important thing to note here is that you have to be incredibly lucky to get all 5 vendors with 2 stones on each, either that of you have to be very patient while you load the game a lot of times. Having said that, it's easier to get one stone from each vendor. It may only take 1 or 2 reloads for them to have one stone in their inventory and when you think about it, that's all you need as it will give you +25 AK. Add the guaranteed 60 and you have your target.

Once you have trained Learn Quickly, you now have to decide whether you want to make the game incredibly easy or a reasonable challenge. If you go for 250 AK and get mana regeneration, with around 250 mana even the huge orc camp on the east side of Nordmar becomes a walk in the park. Alternatively, you can still raise AK to 250 to give your spells some serious punch, but not take mana regeneration which means you have to increase your mana quite a lot and leg it when you want to drink a mana potion or you could even melee of course like a proper Battle Mage. You still need to buy Ice Lance and Highest Water Mage skill for extra damage.
    You can now go back to Basir in Montana and he can give three +5 stones when you return his casket. Do the arena fights in Geldern for another 15 AK. Once you at level 15 which can be easily obtained by doing the fetch and carry missions in Montana and Sildern, you can get 250 AK and decide on mana regeneration.

You are now ready to teleport back to Ardea to start the game as a Water Mage.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    That is EXACTLY what I was looking for, I knew I've seen something like that somewhere once, but I forgot where. Its an awesome trick and I'm definitely going to try it next time I play G3. Unfortunately I'm already ~lvl30 and an archer, so its a bit late for that. Thanks a lot anyway

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    That is EXACTLY what I was looking for, I knew I've seen something like that somewhere once, but I forgot where. Its an awesome trick and I'm definitely going to try it next time I play G3. Unfortunately I'm already ~lvl30 and an archer, so its a bit late for that. Thanks a lot anyway
    You're right on the hole 1/3 of the game ruined thing, seeing as I'm precisely lv75, lol.
    But you should keep this in mind: If you ever plan on being a mage, you should spread your LP out on mana, spells, mage skills AND AK. If you just go for the AK and nothing else you'll be dead before you can say 'Dear Innos!' or 'Holy Rhobar!'. trust me on this next time go for the mage: first some AK (30-45), then the Flaming Sword for melee defence, then +30 or +50 mana, then AK again for the Fireball and a few other spells and so on. Also you should get the both healing spells as they can be a real help in a thick battle. And once you get the mana regen you'll be nigh unto invulnerable. Unless a meteor lands on your head.

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123