Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 53
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    patches 1.72-1.75 improves performance THREE times better. and add better visuals ( without packing to much lag) btw 1GB ram is low... i had 8GM ram and gothic 3 still lags from time to time the lag can be from 1 sec to 10 seconds.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Where the hell did you manage to cram in 8 GB of RAM?!
    And that's weird, if lag occurs on your computer. My G3 lags only when loading areas, teleporting and large battles. (Like with Diego and some orcs as allies VS. 3-6 zombies.) It lags just a little bit in towns. So, if you say it helps in terms of performance, I'll dl it asap!

Otherwise, if any1 was gonna answer my 'where to get a light scroll' question, you've been beat to the punch - I found one while raiding the bandits near Braga, at the borders of Varant and Myrtana. Also, I killed a paladin by the name of Kurt and got a third Fire Chalice. When I travelled to Nemora, I also got a FOURTH chalice. How many are there, anyway? 5?
    The coin is still turning.
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    12 chalices

edit: where did u thought u were mean to meh?
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    When I told you that the Flaming Sword doesn't set ppl on fire the very second it touches them. You said 'that's mean', remember?

Otherwise, here are some things I've already done / learned :

Milten beat you to the punch, C-Hawk, he told me there were 12 chalices a couple of days ago. I've found 8 of them.

Flaming SWD sets enemies alight when they're near death (approx. 1-2/10 of the health bar), allowing you to focus on any other threat while your previous victim dies of 4th degree burns

Bloodlust is a handy spell when you're in a bad situation. Example : In Vengard, lots of orcs are crawling up yours and your friend's asses. Cast BL a few times, and you'll instantly have at least 2 less of them to bother with for some time.

Fireball and Ice Lance are both reliable spells, as FB sets your targets on fire, and IL freezes them ( both at max mana drain.)

Flamewave damage goes THROUGH structures, In this way, I lured a lot of orcs onto a bridge in Vengard, and while I was under it, I cast FW, killing most of them in 2-6 casts ( minus the shaman, I had to freeze him and attack him directly > )

Fog is a good getaway spell if you time it right.

About Vengard : With some help from a demon scroll, some guards from the main castle and a few paladins, I've managed to clear the ENTIRE city of orcs. Not bad for a lv30-35 battle mage, eh?

About the Demon : the demon I had took out at least 40-60 orcs, before falling itself and thusly forcing me to retreat to safety. That's one killing machine I'll add to my friend list (when summoned, doh!).

I liberated Braga. ( happened BEFORE the clearing of Vengard)

I bought a Fire Mage's robe, so all that's left is to hone my skills to a razor-sharp level. Like my Bastard Swords

Stats:

str 180
    hs 152
    alch 60+
    ak 130
    hp 290 with Ring of Adanos
    mana 180

Added skills:

Orc Slayer
    Two Blades
    Improve Robes
    Crossbowman
    plenty more.

Spells :

Heal
    Flaming Sword
    Fireball ( which Fire Mage doesn't have it? )
    Flamewave
    Banish Evil

Tame animal
    Summon Goblin (good for distractions)
    Ice Lance

Fog
    Bloodlust

Pretty decent for a Battle Mage.
    Geändert von KeeperUTX (02.11.2012 um 00:59 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    IIRC, the 1.75 patch isn't compatible with older version saves, which is kinda bad in this situation ( read the above stats... I like them too much )

Eitherway, where can I get four katanas? for the Master Swords...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Ranger Avatar von Phillip of the Fire Clan

Phillip of the Fire Clan ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KeeperUTX Beitrag anzeigen
    Eitherway, where can I get four katanas? for the Master Swords...
    Eh, too bad but AFAIK you can only get 1 in...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    ... a chest in the Rotten Beast's cave near Ishtar.

But the Katana itself isn't such a bad weapon. IMO it's a very good weapon for a 1-hander + it's got INSANE range .

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    In Ishtar?! Damn, that'll take one might of a travel! I'll do it as soon as I liberate the mine of the Hammer Clan, maybe get a few more power-packing spells, like the Summon Skeleton spell, those boney bastards seem to hold their own against the orcs...

Speaking of spells, I'm assuming that the Banish Evil spell affect undeads only, because I've already tried it on some scumbag orcs, to no effect.

EDIT: @Philip of the Fire Clan : Remember, Nordmarian, power and range are not everything. For example, I can use a two-hander to deadly effect against many a monster, and it doesn't have any real reach...

In other words, it's not the weapon, it's the one who wields it! (And whatever he/she/it/WTF was taught by a certain orc in Geldern!)

And another, more concerning prblm : Porgan the druid and the orcmerc Samuel have dissapeared. As a
    Magician of Fire I have to ask what's wrong. So, where in Innos' name are they?!
    Geändert von KeeperUTX (04.11.2012 um 14:59 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28

Yes, you're right. It's not the weapon it's the warrior .

And another, more concerning prblm : Porgan the druid and the orcmerc Samuel have dissapeared.
    About Porgan:
    WAT DA F**K ???

About Samuel:
    1) He's above the Wolf mine.
    2) Also, WAT DA F**K ???

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Yes, WHAT DA F**CK indeed

But dammit, whatever I do against those blasted orcs in Nordmar, my own arse gets chopped up or otherwise roasted. Guess I have to get a few powerful spells and skills before trying to free that furnace... Then, off to get those katanas...

BTW, new assumption 'bout the Banish Evil spell : It probably damages unholy creatures only (demons and skeletons.)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30

... Then, off to get that katana...
    Fixed
    As I said you can only get 1. That's BS, just like you can't get the 3 most powerfull staffs in the game cuz' there aren't enough special chests.

And about the orcs... yeah you're probably going to have to do them in 1 by 1... or get rain of fire (never tried that spell myself because I chose Beliar's side when I played as a mage).

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Grrrr... I can only get one of the katanas I need to make 2 master SWDs. Well, on the up side, I figured out that you can pull out another sword while you have the Flaming SWD already, making for a Flaming SWD + SWD X dual wield! Sweet!

But you were a Black Mage?! Then you are my enemy! ( In-game, no worries in real life or on the forums ) May Innos smite all who oppose him, and his wrath shall devour the darkness!

Otherwise, I think that the Frostwave and Skeleton spells that I learned yesterday will definetly assist in killing a gigantic horde of orcs (as far as I saw, there were 50+ of them! ), along with the Poison spell that I intend to learn. Sounds like a good spell. Even though those spells belong to Beliar and Adanos, Innos, and Innos alone, is the one I serve. (Until I am a Magician of Fire )

In any case, here are some class plans for show :

Mages : 250+ AK Staff Fighting III , all potions, Improve Robes, Magical Staves, etc.

Pure Fire Mage - Dominance Magic

Pure Water Mage - Spells from Trans-magic that the WMs usually used in G1, G2.

Druid - All other spells from the table of Transformation Magic.

Black Mage - Summoning Magic.

-Mages end here-

Rebel - Master Swordsman, 200 STR, Large Weapons I.

Orc Mercenary - Large Weapons II, 250 STR, Crossbow III.

Nordmarian - Large Weapons III, 300-500 STR (!), Orc Slayer.

Hashishin - Master Swordsman, 200 STR, all thief skills, Poison-related skills, Master of Two Blades.

Ranger - Strong SWD Fighter, Large Weapons I, Master Archer, 150 STR, 230 HS, all hunting skills.

All of the above classes MUST have their alloted armors.

So, as you all can see, I have made myself a nice agenda for G3!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Oh y, forgot the Paladin (How could I do that! )

200 STR, Master Swordsman, Paladin trait, Strong Shield Parry (probably the only one who will have a shield ).

Otherwise, I've got a question regarding the liberation of Geldern. I got the quest from Torn the druid, but who am I supposed to talk to? Who will provide me the key of freedom for Geldern?? I'll liberate it after getting 75 rep points in it, so I can see what sort of loot I can get in the main house, or whatever it's called. And if I saw correctly, one of the Fire Chalices were there ( used Spirit Travel scroll) too.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33

In short: Nobody. You'll have to do that on your own [well I think that Lares, Renwik, Jared (is that the thief-merchant's name, close to Lares ?) and a few others will help you], but nobody will say: ˝Let's attack now.˝
    Just go and whack the first filthy orc that crosses your path.

And I don't think that a Fire chalice is in Grok's house, IIRC the only one in Geldern is in:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    the mine where the slaves work, in a dark side-tunnel.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Ok, let's just run in and whack the next orc that I see. And what? Trigger a small scale war? No, Nordmarian, T'is not just about sheer power, T'is about THOUGHT as well. You can't just run in and smash one's face in, you have to prepare a plan, especially if the town is filled with those goddamned shamans. My plan involves getting some spells against those filthy jerkwads. ( like the poison spell.)

I already got that chalice, I'm afraid. I'll go get the ones in Varant. (injured crawler and Mora Sul.)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

C-Hawk ist offline
    I noticed that u are a battlemage?
    Also, AK increases magic dmg.

About the katana, or actually the Master Swords:
    It is possible to get 2 of them.
    u can find a sword next to a cave, near a valley filled with uhm... hyena's I think.
    In the cave is a body of a certain man, u dont need to get into the cave to get the sword though.
    U can get a sword recipe from Enzo, but only if he had it the first time u talked with him.
    Could someone explain to me wether it is decided at the first time u SPEAK to him, or the first time u say u want to BUY smth??? rly important
    This goes for every inventory of traders.
    The 1st katana is found in a WPN-chest, I think the 14th.
    About the 2nd Master Sword, it's in the 36th WPN-chest u open.
    Treasure hunter's map
    Thread where I found the map.

edit: I said: That's not nice. Not that's mean.
    I meant with this that the effect of the spell wasn't rly nice. :P
    Geändert von C-Hawk (10.11.2012 um 17:45 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36

Ok, let's just run in and whack the next orc that I see. And what? Trigger a small scale war?
    Well, yes . Fight and destroy untill you can't take anymore - Dream Theater (In the presence of Enemies pt. 2) and run away to heal up, then back to the town. I pretty much liberated whole Myrthana that way.

Well, revered brother, if you ever need faithful warriors you know that the Fire Clan, no, all clans of Nordmar will support you. The fire of Innos burns inside our hearts forever.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    @C-Hawk :

Grrrr... *tosses fireball at him*

I've mentioned the Combat Magician's way like 1K times, AND YOU NOTICE JUST NOW?!?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-okay, i'm done raging

In any case, thanks for the tips bro! I got the recipe WAY back, back when I was a N00B.

@Philip of the Fire Clan :

In my case, it's about careful and tactical thinking. I'll do the kill-everything-in-melee-combat-DBTS-style when I am an actual Nordmarian with 500 STR and a bad attitude, along with a nice, big OGRE'S MORNING STAR! BWAHAHA!

I reveal that the best thing to do is use Bloodlust while they aren't aware of you, maybe poison them while you're at it, summon a skeleton to distract them, and then pound the enemy with a fireball, stave, or swords. That works damn well for me. At least. :P

Or, freeze 'em and THEN whack the with the weapon of choice.

*Lightbulb*

And if the Nordmarian clans shalt helpeth me, THEN LET US DIE A GLORIOUS DEATH IF WE FAIL IN LIBERATING GELDERN AND SILDEN! TO WAAAR!

Or, in non-barbaric words, my Nordmarian ally, Gorn and the Nordmarian from Silden will take care of the above mentioned towns when I regain my former magician powers. Wish me luck!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38

C-Hawk ist offline
    @C-Hawk :
    Grrrr... *tosses fireball at him*

@Philip of the Fire Clan :
    along with a nice, big OGRE'S MORNING STAR! BWAHAHA!
    Ok, now u've not been nice to me

As for the mornin-star it does massive dmg, yet, its halved. The Krush Tarach/Some orcs halberd (human halberd) does 300dmg (idk in native about the tarach, but in QP and CM I can get it legally.)
    The halberd should've been found by now I think

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Ok, so maybe trying to liberate Geldern is suicidal, I think, so instead I'll direct my attention towards other, more pressing matters in Mora Sul, Lago and Bakaresh.

At any rate, I've heard of a stave called the Staff of Dominance, which is to be found, supposedly, somewhere in Varant. Anyone know where? That would kind of speed up certain things.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    So apparently trying to invade the orcs at the furnace's ravine wasn't such a good idea. Here's what happened :

My group basically attacked directly after I casted Fire Rain multiple times on the orcs, but when the orcs got too close to my group, it got thoroughly decimated ( everybody except me was dead) and I was forced into a retreat. As dumb as they were, the orcs followed me out of the cave that allowed access to the ravine. I killed off a few of them with my fireballs, which were already enhanced by the Fire Mage perk. Then I melee'd the remainder that followed me with my new Master Sword and Bastard Sword combo ( I got one of them from Angar after beating him in the arena of Mora Sul, and the other from a chest guarded by ogres near Al Shedim. ) and managed to kill AT LEAST 5 shamans in the attempt. But here's where it gets REALLY stupid : a black goblin appears from a wall in the cave and starts to attack a scout. And while they're fighting, an ogre named Ugluz Potbelly appears out of the wall, along with a few more black goblins . I managed to kill them all with a few fireballs, a Fire Rain and a bit of melee effort. But after all that damnigly hard work I get kill by a dumbass scout, and IIRC a shaman. (FUUUUU- moment, anyone?) And the only save I had was RIGHT BEFORE we attacked! So much fighting wasted! I can tell anyone that hasn't got this far, there are more than 100 orcs in the furnace's ravine waiting for a chance to rip your sorry head off...

So, here are some extra questions besides the Staff of Dominance question :

First off, who in Innos' name is Ugluz Potbelly? I got like 5000 exp for killing him and completing a quest...

Second, this all happened quite a while ago. Right now I'm WAY more powerful, wielding the Summon Demon spell and Mana Regen, so I'd like to know where I can learn the more powerful spells Bless Weapon, Meteor, Word of Dominance, Open Locks and Soul Travel?

Third, I'm dead serious about getting a better staff than this lame old staff of defense.

Here are some achievements and stats for ya:

Liberated Lago with the assistance of a demon and Staff Fighting III.

Learned the Fire Mage perk, making me an OFFICIAL Magician of Fire. Woohoo!

Forged a Master Sword.

Stats :

220 STR
    160 HS
    250 AK
    FM perk
    Master SWDsman
    SFIII
    Fire Rain
    Summon Demon
    70 alchemy
    and MOAR, of course!

All in all, level 50 Combat Magician character, day 35 I think, and I've recovered most of my old mage's capabilities and more.
    Geändert von KeeperUTX (19.11.2012 um 10:12 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »