Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 26
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline

[Forum Game] Fallen [Discussion Thread]

Anyone can still join without asking for permission as long as the first task is still going. After that PM me so I can introduce you in the game. The deadline is until the first eliminator quest is completed.

Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    Is it ok to talk from the characters pov?
    Indeed. You should use your post to create bits of dialogue with the other characters in order to present your own character better.

Zitat Zitat von Omid- Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd like to join but we need to clear a few things up beforehand. Do we write in the past tense or present? Do we write in first-person perspective or third? And shouldn't there be a discussion thread aswell, so this thread is all story and no off-topic?
    Thread made Feel free to join in. You can write first person or third person, present or past tense, it is not important. It is important to write the story in POV, and describe the actions and words of the other players from your own perspective. Example.

Player 1 writes: I was scared, I desperately tried to wake up the man next to me and ask him what happened.

Player 2 writes: I was woken up by a mad men. He screamed at me and threaten to kill me.

So, the players in the game for now are:
    - Faby
    - Tudorache
    - Bastardo
    - Ario
    - Bamfy
    - Omid

This is great. The next round (which WILL contain a puzzle, I promise) will start as soon as the general background for the characters is settled: Name, Age, Profession, a few personal data. Feel free to create lore (Example: I am a Fire Mage. I serve with the Fire Clan in the Abbey of Wirkovia), under the condition to be as original as possible.

The setting is medieval. It can however be more technologically evolved than the real Middle Age. Magic exists. There are more than one country, and more than one continents. Please do not try and explore all the lore form the start, that would be forced.

An example of an introductory post would be:

I woke up as others were screaming in the dark. I gathered my strength enough to utter the words: "Purtska Pivirov". The Holy Fire erupted above our heads and cast light and warmth on our weakened bodies.

'Trickster!' yelled the man next to me as he jumped several feet back. My dark purple clothes must have unsettled him.

'Indeed, I am a man of the Arts' I replies. 'I would very much appreciate it if you didn't call me a trickster' I said while the flames continued to dance in the palm of my hand.

'Your kind are the bearers of death!' the man continued.

'The Gathering, or as you call us, our kind, are merely servants of the elements. We have forfeited your Gods, you myths and dedicated us to helping people, not bedtime stories. And that DOES NOT make us bearers of Death, even if your witch doctors tell you so. I am Arbadin, Third Keeper of the Abbey of Wirkovia.

The man's eyes pierced me with disbelief. And indeed, how could someone so young become third in command at the most important Keep of The Gathering?
    This post shed light on certain elements:
    - The charcter is named Arbadin.
    - The character is young.
    - He is a mage.
    - (One of) The guild of mages is called "The Gathering". Their highest ranks seem to be called "keeper". He is the third keeper.
    - The order has a central fortress/monastery, in Wirkovia. This could turn out to be a country, a region or a city.
    - General Lore: The Gathering abandoned the Gods, which they saw as phantasmagorias, and dedicated themselves to a more scientific, elemental approach to magic. This in turn created mistrust on behalf of the common people.
    - The spells of The Gathering are cast in an ancient/foreign language: Purtska means Holy, Pivirov means Fire. This could have implications upon the future linguistic elements if the player chooses to elaborate on them: adjectives end in vowels, while nouns end in consonants.

This is just an example, feel free to draw inspiration or elements from it if you see them fit. Remember, you are allowed to be as creative as you can.

Soon after the introductions are made, the first puzzle will begin.

Use this thread for further questions. Discussions related to the quest solving are to be posted in the game thread, while discussions concerning lore and future developments in this one.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Sorry, that i didn't explain my char's profession very well. I was going for a rogue/thief character.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    Sorry, that i didn't explain my char's profession very well. I was going for a rogue/thief character.
    Be creative, have one of the other characters ask you more about yourself.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-

Omid- ist offline
    Can you even write down somebody's thoughts in third person?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Can you even write down somebody's thoughts in third person?
    Sure, as long as it doesn't mess up with their own character development. Or say it from your own char's POV. "After I told him who I was, he seemed puzzled and intrigued".

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Omid- ist offline
    Cool, we can go for the comedy approach. Kind of makes my intro seem a little too dark I think, though. Anyway, where are Faby and Tudorache? Their contributions would be a great addition to the game.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Cool, we can go for the comedy approach. Kind of makes my intro seem a little too dark I think, though. Anyway, where are Faby and Tudorache? Their contributions would be a great addition to the game.
    Well, the approach will vary to see what suits the game better. Faby is on personal leave, and Tudorache is just skipping the classes shame on him.

Well, anyway, time for....

The First Clue for the First Quest

Making quest which are game only is a feat nearly impossible without having the answer be a simple guess (such as tudorache's riddle from that thread). The riddle I presented you with offers clues of real-life situations, and some terms may be more literal than you would expect. I drew inspiration from the internet game Notpron.

Don't expect the solution to be as hard as some level from that game, though. Try to think outside the box. This riddle is not a guessing game. The answer will hit you hard and obvious when you will find it.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

Ariogaisus ist offline
    I'm not good with riddles. I tried Notpron but for me rocket science will probably be easier than that.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Omid- ist offline
    I've never even actually tried. Don't feel like doing it now in any case, I'll try tomorrow or something.

I think I've turned into the omniscient writer, except I can't say anything about the others; thus, my omniscience is limited to only my character. Or something like that, fuck it, we'll see what happens. I'm not an actual writer, I'm allowed to suck.
    Geändert von Omid- (21.10.2012 um 21:56 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    @omid: you friggin made me snort and laugh out loud with your last posts in the game thread xD

Piece of advice:you can break character a little while you solve quests. For example there might be references in the quest posts about Obama or Google. These references, interpreted correctly, might lead you to the next step, which would be more naturally integrated in the story. Example:

Text of the riddle: There is a man, an all knowing scholar, whose name is in 6 parts. He paints his face in 4 colors and can help you find anything in your searches. Ask him about the masturbating elephant.

The way to solve it: Searching: might actually mean searching. Literally. Google has six letters, and its logo has 4 colors, so yes, it is clearly a reference to google. Ask him about masturbating elephant. So you go google "masturbating elephant" and the first link which would appear on google would be a webpage I created (masturbatingelephant.wordpress.com or some other shit like that). It would contain a picture of a book with some text, which solves the quest.

The way to play it: while debating the meaning of the riddle there is no need to stay in character, since we are talking about pop culture here. You can launch as many hypotheses as you would like, talk about google and webpages and so on. Once you find the picture of the book you can go back to character and say "I found the Old Scholar. He gave me this book (post picture). It contains the spell to get us out of here! Abracadabra!'

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

Ariogaisus ist offline
    I'm confused, am i the small guy?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

Omid- ist offline
    Yeah I kind of wonder who the small guy is, nobody described himself as small.

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Omid, but everyone is small because I am big.

So, does Moses have anything to do with this at all?
    Geändert von Bastardo (22.10.2012 um 17:42 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Lol, no, not Moses ) I am amazed where you managed to pull that out of.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    I'll jot down some character ideas this evening when I'm back from college, and I'll see where that goes. And I've some hunches regarding the riddle... prolly just hunches, though.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    But where's the riddle?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Here is the riddle!
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post20011425

More exactly, the quoted part. I highlighted that part a bit, to be more obvious

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Damn, I see this is going nowhere. How about we abandon the roleplaying/lore part and I just give you riddles?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy

Bamfy ist offline
    The mighty cock simply made me wanna stop. Sorry.
    I joined more for the roleplaying, not for some riddles for which I gotta google it.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    The mighty cock simply made me wanna stop. Sorry.
    I joined more for the roleplaying, not for some riddles for which I gotta google it.
    I also didn't "loike" the comedic approach to be honest.
    I'm here for the roleplay too.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »