Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice Avatar von sergykid

sergykid ist offline

gothic 2 windows 7

when i had windows XP gothic 2 worked just perfectly, from installation to finishing the game

i did not changed any computer components (video card, drivers, ...)

i installed windows 7, installed gothic 2 and this is what happens:

game installs successfully, it does open, work just fine, i walk in xardas' tower with no problems, but when i attempt to get out of his tower, the graphics go wild, i see myself a black square, no grass, skies everywhere, game shows every 5 seconds a move

what happens and how can i fix it :|

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ segykid:
    Please remember a simple rule - if you'll encounter a technical issue, always publish the specification of your system that other forum members hadn't to guess what is your hardware, OS, drivers (first of all - for the video and audio cards) and the game version.

UPDATED:
    Do you have any NVIDIA GeForce video card with the drivers below the 260th series? If yes, then read this information:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    When using the GeForce video cards of any series with the drivers below the 260th series at Gothic and Gothic 2 games a serious problems with compatibility which can be watched on the open spaces:
    - Continuous freezes with falling of number of frames per second (FPS) up to zero that looks as a slide-show.
    - A blinking and damaged textures (artifacts) and disappearance of the whole pieces of locations which are substituted with the empty sky.
    - After a while the video driver stops by an operating system with the error message and crash to a desktop or complete hangup of the computer.
    For a solution you can install the driver version 260.89 WHQL or above. Correction will work only in case of game start through the Gothic.exe and Gothic2.exe files. If you want that driver correction will work in the Gothic with a PlayerKit installed, and in the Spacer editors for the Gothic and the Gothic 2, you can install the driver version 266.58 WHQL or above.

Of course that your video card mustn't be older than GeForce 6 series.
    Geändert von Dimus (13.10.2012 um 15:49 Uhr) Grund: UPDATED

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger

Kilrha ist offline
    right click on the shortcut. Click properties. go to the compatibility tab. in the compatibility mode dropdown menu click windows xp service pack 2. click on run as administrator. try again.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

sergykid ist offline
    i tried any compatibility options but at all do the same

i don`t know what hardware options my computer have, but i did not changed any of them when i had windows xp, and worked then

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von sergykid Beitrag anzeigen
    i don`t know what hardware options my computer have, but i did not changed any of them when i had windows xp, and worked then
    What Dimus wanted to say: ^^
    Download and install the newest driver software for your graphic-card.

If you don't know what graphic-card you have in your PC google for "everest home edition", install that, it tells you what you have inside your PC.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

sergykid ist offline
    i entered dxdiag at run from start menu, here is what it says:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip Type: GeForce 8500 GT
    Dac Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx. Total Memory: 1013 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    One of the best solutions is to keep your XP on a dual boot configuration with 7, and leave the Gothics on the XP.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

sergykid ist offline
    i tried to install windows XP long ago, but said then and still says now that i do not have any hard disk drives installed on my computer, wtf

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von sergykid Beitrag anzeigen
    i entered dxdiag at run from start menu, here is what it says:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip Type: GeForce 8500 GT
    Dac Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx. Total Memory: 1013 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Then try installing the newest driver for your graphic card. I think this is it.
    Try also switching between 16-bit and 32-bit colour depth. That's the resolution option under video settings in the game menu.
    Geändert von Bastardo (16.10.2012 um 07:25 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

sergykid ist offline
    i will try but before i want to say again that it works even so my computer is now

only when i get out of xardas' tower (at the begin of the game) it starts having problems

i can stay 30 minutes inside without any errors, but when i exit the tower, trough any door, it happens

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    You are really got me with your stupidness, sergykid! Re-read my post No. 2 attentively - this problem appears on the open spaces!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

sergykid ist offline
    sorry for my stupidness

by the way, i installed the driver someone linked above and now works, but i can not see the introduction videos (that one when you launch the game, or when you start a new game)

and if i minimize the game, it crashes and closes

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    It's a well-known G1 and G2 problem on the Windows Vista, 7 and 8. The old versions of the Bink Player (binkw32.dll) can't scale videos on the new OSes. You must change following parameter in the Gothic.ini file to deactivate video scaling:
    Code:
    scaleVideos=0
    ; ... disable scaling of videos (0) if you have problems with your graphics-adapter, default is on (1)
    After this all in-game videos will be shown in their original size (640 x 360 pixels).

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

sergykid ist offline
    fine, thank you, now the game works, the intro still does not show but it does not matter, i can play the game now