Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

Bug or crappy computer?

i reinstalled gothic 3 today and installed the CP 1.75.14 patch so that i could try out the ork mod but i've still got a problem with the english text where nothing shows up in the menu. i tried loading the game on the unpatched version of gothic 3 and it is fine. before all of this, i used CP 1.74 patch and it was fine too, but every time i install CP 1.75.14 it always causes problems with displaying english text.

anyway, there are pictures of the problem in a previous thread i put up. any1 know what the problem is and how to solve it? could it be my crappy computer that is out of date or is it a bug?

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...e-Data-Problem

Note:
    OS - Vista Home Premium
    RAM - 3GB
    Manufacture - Packard Bell
    Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core QL-64 2.10Ghz
    System type - 32 bit system

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von Phillip of the Fire Clan

Phillip of the Fire Clan ist offline
    I have Win7 (so maybe this isn't the case with you) and I must right click on the G3 icon and run it as administrator for the text to show up.
    If that doesn't help than I can't help you any further .

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Well ,since you didn`t mention the video card , i guess that might be the problem?
    Or maybe you installed the new patch and tried the old savegames?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Adventurer Avatar von mjfraser100

mjfraser100 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von drgcommander Beitrag anzeigen
    i reinstalled gothic 3 today and installed the CP 1.75.14 patch so that i could try out the ork mod but i've still got a problem with the english text where nothing shows up in the menu. i tried loading the game on the unpatched version of gothic 3 and it is fine. before all of this, i used CP 1.74 patch and it was fine too, but every time i install CP 1.74 patch it always causes problems with displaying english text.

anyway, there are pictures of the problem in a previous thread i put up. any1 know what the problem is and how to solve it? could it be my crappy computer that is out of date or is it a bug?

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...e-Data-Problem

Note:
    OS - Vista Home Premium
    RAM - 3GB
    Manufacture - Packard Bell
    Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core QL-64 2.10Ghz
    System type - 32 bit system
    Well to start of with it certainly not your computer at fault however your system spec does suggest that its out of date for time being you current system will play games but not games with high demands on top of that your ruining vista 32 bit vista usually takes up 1.5 GB of your ram so that leaves you 1.5 GB free. suggestion would be by a new desktop computer you should be able pick up good one for around £400 pounds.

Now for your problem you stated that Gothic 3 game works fine un-patched even when you try the CP 1.74 patch but when you try the latest CP 1.75.14 patch you get the problem of no English dialog. in a seance you already trouble shouted the problem its got to be the new patch CP 1.75.14 patch I would suggest mentioning this to the creator of the patch and is it possible you can get it to work with the CP 1.74.

As it stands some how there is data corruption occurring when you install CP 1.75.14 patch

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AtomOfCorruption Beitrag anzeigen
    I have Win7 (so maybe this isn't the case with you) and I must right click on the G3 icon and run it as administrator for the text to show up.
    If that doesn't help than I can't help you any further .
    oh my god, it works! running as administrator does bring back the text. i thank you and salute you noble sir!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mjfraser100 Beitrag anzeigen
    Well to start of with it certainly not your computer at fault however your system spec does suggest that its out of date for time being you current system will play games but not games with high demands on top of that your ruining vista 32 bit vista usually takes up 1.5 GB of your ram so that leaves you 1.5 GB free. suggestion would be by a new desktop computer you should be able pick up good one for around £400 pounds.

Now for your problem you stated that Gothic 3 game works fine un-patched even when you try the CP 1.74 patch but when you try the latest CP 1.75.14 patch you get the problem of no English dialog. in a seance you already trouble shouted the problem its got to be the new patch CP 1.75.14 patch I would suggest mentioning this to the creator of the patch and is it possible you can get it to work with the CP 1.74.

As it stands some how there is data corruption occurring when you install CP 1.75.14 patch
    if it is data corruption, there is not much i can do. i don't know the creator of the patch and how to contact him/her. but thanks for the info, i suppose other people might find out and eventually this might reach the creator of the patch CP 1.75.14

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Adventurer Avatar von mjfraser100

mjfraser100 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von drgcommander Beitrag anzeigen
    if it is data corruption, there is not much i can do. i don't know the creator of the patch and how to contact him/her. but thanks for the info, i suppose other people might find out and eventually this might reach the creator of the patch CP 1.75.14
    Hey no worries I just wish I could have been more help, Advice if you decide get new PC stay a way from Windows Vista and leave Windows 8 for at least two years until they have manage to fix all the bugs and glitches for time being go for windows 7 64 bit as that allow you upgrade ram to 4 0r 8 GB 32bit systems only support 3 GB ram.

Ideally Specification mid range system Desktop

Windows 7 64 Bit
    AMD/Intel 4 or 8 Core CPU 3.4 GHZ
    4 - 8 GB Ram
    Nivdia or ATI Graphics 1 GB with Direct 11 support
    500GB Hard drive 7200RPM

with that above mentioned spec you will certainly be able play just about any game with out any issues or lag.

Ideally I usually build my own PCs from scratch as at least I know what components go into my computer. I hope this info is helpful to you if you decided to buy a new computer.
    Geändert von mjfraser100 (18.09.2012 um 15:19 Uhr)