Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 16 von 16
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Local Hero Avatar von zrhtemplar

zrhtemplar ist offline

Do you consider this a cheating ? ( g2 notr armor swap )

OK i am having a bad feeling about what i did.

I just started Chapter IV in G2notr, clearing VOS and in Castle i met my old Mentor Cor Angar and fav NPC from all gothic games,

After seeing him i felt g1 nostalgia and missing my old guild ...

Do you consider a cheat if i am inserting heavy templar armor in a part of game where i am having same stat armor ( knight armor )

I know that i used marvin command but hypothetically speaking maybe this isn't a cheat if its only deferenca in gain is visual appearance, since g2 it always bugged my why developers didn't put this gorgious armor in g2 at least in revisiting VOM or something like it , they couldn't decapair all.

I better stop here since my English sux big time .
    So what do you think should i load before i used marvin or should i continue playing wiht my all time favor armor i rly hate to cheat and it sux that say's Cor Angar armor on title instead of Heavy Templar so i still feel like cheater beside i only ever used marvin if game gets bugged or i get stucked.

[Bild: rx0zx1la1jdytiby2jp.jpg]

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    Nah, don't feel bad about it. You can imagine you found your old armor in a chest or something.

No gain from using marvin - no cheat.
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Having activated marvin it will fuck up you game. Each time you equip a strength (maybe dexterity as well) item (belt, ring, amulet etc.) it will give you a permanent boost. If the amulet is +5 and you have 40 strength, you strength will permanently go up to 45, even after you unequip it. And it will happen every time. I think a game restart will solve the problem, but I am not sure.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4

zrhtemplar ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Having activated marvin it will fuck up you game. Each time you equip a strength (maybe dexterity as well) item (belt, ring, amulet etc.) it will give you a permanent boost. If the amulet is +5 and you have 40 strength, you strength will permanently go up to 45, even after you unequip it. And it will happen every time. I think a game restart will solve the problem, but I am not sure.

Wow that would sux. BUt i didn't notise this i just inported this armor and reseted game.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Knight Commander Avatar von dark-cz-klaw
    Czech Republic/Česká Republika/Tschechische Republik

dark-cz-klaw ist offline
    This never happened to me.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i don't get it
    what causes this? the armor?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Ranger Avatar von Phillip of the Fire Clan

Phillip of the Fire Clan ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    i don't get it
    Probably just activating marvin mode. The armor most likely doesn't have anything to do with it.
    I've never experienced that bug myslef, though when I take posession of the pc_itemfeller I can't take dragon scales or blood (I CAN get hearts though) even if i know the required skills.

Back to topic:
    The armor's protection value is all that matters, so it isn't cheating .
    When I play as a paladin I use the Heavy Militia Armor through the whole game, I just edit the protection values so they match the knight/paladin armor later on .

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    i don't get it
    Just activating marvin. I had this nasty problem once because I activated the cheat mode just to F8 my way quicker around the place. Or I may have entered god mode once, for a some goblin skeletons, and then exited it, I am not sure.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9

zrhtemplar ist offline
    I don't think my stats increased at all.
    But again i only used marvin to insert armor and turned marvin off.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    i don't get it
    It does happen and you don't even have to be in marvin for it to happen. If you use a transformation spell it'll add those boosts on as permanent stats. Essentially it's inevitable because you're not going to constantly check your stats and sometimes you may never notice it.

As fo the OP, I'm sure you'll be fine, as long as you only used that one "cheat" and not any of the F8 jumps.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    Cheatmode never had any unexpected effects on me. If you use godmode and then unequip and equip again stat boosters of course something will happen. But neither is software magic nor were the developers evil masterminds that invented subtle ways of punishing you for cheating. If you cheat the game does whatever the cheat is supposed to do - that's it. And regarding the rumor that cheatmode will make your saves unusable or crash the game, I have these things happen to me without cheats often enough.

Regarding the original question imho it's okay, if it's not your first playthrough. It's essentially a simple mod. But I think on the first game you should have to work for everything you get.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Legend

Grompel ist offline
    I consider this as cheating. Indeed you don´t have an advantage but be careful not to sell your knight armor. It would increase your money, and that would be cheating

I must say Cor Angars Amor is really cool, but I´d never change the respective armor of my guild. As far I remember, your guild comrades won´t speak with you if you wear the wrong armor. But the do if you don´t wear any armor.

I better stop here, my english is really in need of improvement!

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #13

zrhtemplar ist offline
    Yes Grompel you are right, Paladin's didnt whana speak wiht me militia as well.

I reloaded my save before marvin and i didn't use it after all,it felt like cheat to me as well in the end, and i guess i will have play G1 once again to be Templar

OH man can't wait swamp weed For ever

G1 was most Atmospheric game anyhow i am finsihing g2 notr now and i whanted to continue playing g3 with this new community patch but i think i should scrap that idea and start all over Again from G1 xD

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubbler Beitrag anzeigen
    Cheatmode never had any unexpected effects on me.
    Sometimes when I enter Marvin Mode, the game will get glitched and I will always have the 6th cirle learned no matter which guild I am in. As a matter of fact, when I start a new game I already have 6th circle.
    The only option is to reinstal the game and start all over again.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    All kinds of things happen when the console it's on...

To provent big game breaking ones...do not EVER 'O' into an NPC or into PC_ITEMFELLER because the hero will learn itemfeller/npcs skills, and then they will remain somehow broke within your character.
    If you even try to look the other way...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    The acquisition of an item through any means other than normal ones (that do not involve the use of a console) is cheating,regardless whether it gives you an advantage or not