Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline

[Gothic 3 CP1.75] How to change font?

I've tried replacing the Gothic3.tff with a font of my own (I want to use the original Gothic/Gothic 2 font) but it ain't working. I've also tried changing the line in g3.ini but that did nothing as well.
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Only to be sure: You change the following lines in the ge3.ini?

Code:
    ;GUI.DefaultFont - default=Comic Sans MS, alternative=Lucida Sans Unicode, original=Gothic3
    GUI.DefaultFont=Comic Sans MS
    ;GUI.DefaultFontBold - true=if font is Gothic3, false=default
    GUI.DefaultFontBold=false
    ;GUI.AutoAspect - true=default, false=disable gui automatic aspect ratio calculation
    GUI.AutoAspect=true
    If so, did you try to change to another font you have to see whether changing worked?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Zitat Zitat von RoiDanton Beitrag anzeigen
    Only to be sure: You change the following lines in the ge3.ini?

Code:
    ;GUI.DefaultFont - default=Comic Sans MS, alternative=Lucida Sans Unicode, original=Gothic3
    GUI.DefaultFont=Comic Sans MS
    ;GUI.DefaultFontBold - true=if font is Gothic3, false=default
    GUI.DefaultFontBold=false
    ;GUI.AutoAspect - true=default, false=disable gui automatic aspect ratio calculation
    GUI.AutoAspect=true
    If so, did you try to change to another font you have to see whether changing worked?
    Yes, I changed those settings too and yes, they worked. When I set it to Gothic3 and have g2's font saved as gothic3.tff in the root folder, it shows the default gothic 3 font and not the one I have replaced it with.

Here's what the font looks like with "GUI.DefaultFont=Gothic3", GUI.DefaultFontBold=true and Gothic3.tff replaced with the font you can download from Downloads/GothicII/Misc/Fonts:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11...EE219644679AD/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11...5F0BD07F7FC0A/
    Geändert von GothicFighter (13.09.2012 um 19:52 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GothicFighter Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, I changed those settings too and yes, they worked. When I set it to Gothic3 and have g2's font saved as gothic3.tff in the root folder
    Named the file as "gothic3.tff" or "Gothic3.tff"? Gothic 3 is case sensitive.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Tried both capital G and lowercase.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline

It seems that not all Windows TrueType fonts can be applicable for the Gothic 3. For example, I tried to play with the following fonts:
    1. Downloaded these fonts from GII.
    2. Copied GII_-_Die_Nacht_des_Raben.ttf into the Gothic 3 installation folder as Gothic3.ttf and modified ge3.ini:
    GUI.DefaultFont=Gothic3
    - no effect.
    3. Copied GII_-_Die_Nacht_des_Raben.ttf into the Windows\Fonts folder without renaming and modified ge3.ini (i.e. used internal font name instead of its file name):
    GUI.DefaultFont=Gothic II - Die Nacht des Raben
    - no effect again.
    4. Restored original Gothic3.ttf font in the G3 installation folder and modified ge3.ini:
    GUI.DefaultFont=Gothic3
    - it works perfectly.
    5. Modifed ge3.ini with an existing in a Windows\Fonts folder Century Gothic (GOTHIC.TTF) font:
    GUI.DefaultFont=Century Gothic
    - it works, but with the default setting of "GUI.DefaultFontBold" parameter text looks too thin.
    Geändert von Dimus (14.09.2012 um 11:22 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

It seems I've fixed it. Copied GII_-_Die_Nacht_des_Raben.ttf inside fonts, set GUI.DefaultFont=Gothic II - Die Nacht des Raben and the font in the game changed, even though the font is kind of bulky, even with bold set to false . I'm going to try this with the original G2 font too.

edit: It works. You have to use NewWGL4Font as font name inside ge3.ini but it also looks kind of large and boldy. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11...A9223788D7DD2/

My guess it that the game looks for the font inside the system's font folder, instead of looking at the font inside the root directory, even if you specify this in ge3.ini. When you have GUI.DefaultFont=Gothic3, the game uses the same font regardless of the fact that Gothic3.tff is there or not(I deleted it, game ran fine and with the same font)
    Geändert von GothicFighter (14.09.2012 um 12:25 Uhr)