Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

EEK! Gothic 3: Varant Liberation Bug?

Hey guys, i've been playing Gothic 3 for a while now but i experienced a peculier bug or maybe it was part of the system, i don't know. Anyway, the situation is that when i went to Gonzales to confirm 2 Water Mages that i killed (Cronos and Nefarius), he told me that there was bad news about a Varant town being liberated. Here is the interesting part, i haven't liberated any Varant towns at all, not even Lago to rescue Vatras yet. The only places i have liberated in Varant are the ancient ruins which are occupied by the Orcs and a few Nomad groups (including Hurit's group - i can't take Vatras to them anymore....). I tested this by liberating Lago, and sure enough, when i went to Sancho (after murdering Shakyor and collecting the reward) he said he couldn't risk anymore towns being taken and started to attack me.

So from what i have read in forums and walkthroughs and other blogs, i can only liberate one town in Varant for free before they become hostile to me. But in this situation, i haven't liberated anything there yet. What should i do?

Note: i already installed the CP 1.75 patch, most bugs and problems are fixed right? is this a new bug then?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Maybe you eliminated orcs and assassins in the Mora Sul temple excavations too? It is a separate assassin's enclave like Al Shedim ruins. Thus, after the Lago liberation you have 3 liberated assassin's enclaves and all city leaders in Varant will attack you.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

rolleyes not sure exactly

i have eliminated all orcs and hashishins from the all the ruins areas (including Al Shedim, Mora Sul ruins) and cleared all the temples (i have all 5 Adanos artifacts), it is just a wasteland now.

but.... that shouldn't affect it right? because they are not towns, right? if i had liberated 3 ruins areas from Varant they should be attacking me, but they are not. It is being treated as just one town being liberated (even though every Varant town is still standing and in control by the Hashishin).

right now, i have bypassed the problem by not liberating a single Varant town and am at a point where i can choose all 3 endings to Gothic 3. so... not much harm done but i still would've liked to have done a few more quests to get more reputation, exp and gold. oh well...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Rookie

AFistfulofPesos ist offline
    Although they may not be towns, they are still considered under control of the orcs/hashishin because of the slaves. Killing the orcs would mean that you have freed the slaves therefore being considered as "liberated". The liberation of camps are still considered to be working for the nomads and against the hashishin.