Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

BathorysGraveland ist offline

An English source for Gothic backstory and lore.

Hello. After some Google searches of Gothic wiki's and such things, I am surprised to find that there doesn't seem to be an English site for lore and backstory of Gothic. All I've really found is a comprehensive Polish wiki, and of course the German almanach. By using the forums search bar, all I found was an attempt to create an English site that seems to have been completely forgotten. Now, translations are possible, but it usually ends up in hard-to-read broken English which can be a chore to get through and still understand what is being said.

So, I ask if there is such a site in English that I seem to have not found? Or is there simply no luck in that field? Cheers.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Check my sig. It is far from complete, though.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

BathorysGraveland ist offline
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about. The one that seems to have been forgotten. It's a shame, really.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

rolleyes

yeah, i had a look too. someone should complete it. it would be a very useful tool for die hard gothic fans.

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    The English wiki got started too late. There should have been one for ages but I guess nobody bothered until Maladiq did.
    Geändert von Bastardo (06.09.2012 um 19:03 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Local Hero Avatar von nooneimportant

nooneimportant ist offline
    We had the almanac going pretty well at one time. Was that used in your wiki?
    [Bild: bannersm3.jpg]

"May you return in one piece."

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von nooneimportant Beitrag anzeigen
    We had the almanac going pretty well at one time. Was that used in your wiki?
    No, I don't think anyone bothered to transfer the Almanac to the WoGen wiki. I suspect it would be quite a hassle, with all the spam articles. A shame, though - I remember the Alamanc having some very good articles, like the one about the Abandoned Mine.

As for why the WoGen wiki was not successful, I think One Stoned Bastard is right - the wiki was simply started too late. By now, it would be actually a lot easier to just translate the German or Polish projects, rather then compile all the info from scratch. But that's not fun at all.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    The english almanach does not exist anymore. And yes, the wiki was started too late. I do not have enough time to write and compile information, and when I do I would rather spend it doing something else. It's a shame, really. But I plan to return to it one day.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!