Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

EEK! Gothic 3: Transferring Game Save Data Problem

Help! I played Gothic 3 on two separate computers and wanted to transfer the saved game data from one computer to another (first computer (old) uses vista, second computer (new) uses windows 7). I'm trying to put my new data into my old computer, the reason for this is that the new computer is my brother's and he will be needing it more than me. So, less game time. :

I have already downloaded the latest patch (1.75) on both computers and transferred my latest saved game data from my newest computer (windows 7) to my older computer (with vista). I have used my newest save data to over-ride the previous saved data too (such as the quicksave file and user options file).

But when I tried playing it, it loads the graphics, animations, audio, etc but not the text. There is no text for the main menu and no text during conversations with the npcs, even their names do not appear on top of their heads anymore.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue, please tell me. I want to finish this game badly....

I'll attempt to provide some images of the problem.

[Bild: 6846ee3b.jpg]
    [Bild: 5bad369d.jpg]
    [Bild: 93882746.jpg]
    [Bild: b2c5c76c.jpg]

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    §welcome to the forum!

No, your problem can't be a consequence of the saved games transferring, but it may be caused by the game resources corruption or incorrect settings in the .ini files. If you could find where the saved games are stored, then you can find all files described below too.
    1. I can show an example of the correct settings in the .ini files for the Russian version.
    ge3.ini:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    [Language]
    Text=Russian
    Audio=Russian
    ShowSubtitle=true
    Subtitle.SupportedCount=10
    Subtitle.Entry_0=English
    Subtitle.Entry_1=Italian
    Subtitle.Entry_2=French
    Subtitle.Entry_3=German
    Subtitle.Entry_4=Spanish
    Subtitle.Entry_5=Czech
    Subtitle.Entry_6=Hungarian
    Subtitle.Entry_7=Polish
    Subtitle.Entry_8=Russian
    Subtitle.Entry_9=TRC

UserOptions.ini:
    [Options.Audio]
    VoiceLanguage=Russian
    SubtitleLanguage=Russian
    Subtitle=true

2. Verify that in your Gothic 3 installation folder following packages weren't missing or corrupted - I can show their properties:
    Strings.pak - size: 5876768 bytes, time stamp: 2012.04.23 22:29
    Projects_compiled.p00 - size: 6477811 bytes, time stamp: 2012.04.23 22:58

Gothic 3 without mods takes all in-game texts from these packages, and the binary version of stringtable from the Projects_compiled.p00 package first of all is used.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

uhm Gothic 3: Transferring Game Save Data Problem

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

It's good to know that i can fix the problem. But... i didn't really understand what you are talking about. I'm not a programmer or professional in anyway, so anything to do with modding, cheating, hacking, etc with the game is beyond me.

Perhaps you have a step by step guide in what to do for the problem?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    I gave you a hint where there can be a reason of your problem, but I will not begin to give you any step-by-step instructions. If too difficult for you to check presence and properties of the package files or to compare contents of the ini files, then upgrade your level of the computer literacy. Or try to reinstall game and a patch as administrator (don't ask me how to do it).

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

Talking

Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    I gave you a hint where there can be a reason of your problem, but I will not begin to give you any step-by-step instructions. If too difficult for you to check presence and properties of the package files or to compare contents of the ini files, then upgrade your level of the computer literacy. Or try to reinstall game and a patch as administrator (don't ask me how to do it).
    lol Ok . never knew how hard it would be.

edit: well, i tried installing patch v1.74 and the english text came back and my old saves from this patch but when i reinstalled it to patch v1.75 it still had the same problem. it seems that my save data from the other computer just isn't compatible somehow to my old computer. whatever the case, if anyone else knows the solution to this problem please tell me how to solve it. i have never fully completed a gothic 3 game even once despite having so many saves..... save me from this nerdy torture....
    Geändert von drgcommander (01.09.2012 um 23:19 Uhr) Grund: new info

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    i had/have the same problem when installing QP4.2 and CM2.5 or lower...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Oh Beliar! Are you really don't know about incompatibility of saved games from versions 1.70-1.74 and 1.75? Read the section "Important notification" of CP v1.75 Readme file attentively, in particular this point:
    5. Savegames that have been created before installing CP 1.75 can't be used with CP 1.75 anymore.