Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

Gills ist offline

Loading problem

Hi everyone,

I think i have a major issue. The game is Gothic 2 NOTR and the problem is next. I saved the game while i was talking to an NPC somehow and when i tried to load it, the game crashed and send me back to desktop with a message "Access violation, the insruction at "0x0047821e" referenced memory at "0x00000070". The memory could not be "read" ". So I`m basically stuck and don`t know what to do. I think no one had this problem before but if anyone can help me it would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
    Geändert von Gills (22.08.2012 um 03:13 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ Gills:
    §welcome to the forum, newcomer!
    It seems that your last save was corrupted. If you have another saves, try to load previous one. But if you haven't them, then you f***ed yourself really and you MUST start a new game and ALWAYS make saves in the different slots.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    it happened to me once, but a bit different story - it crashed for similar reason, and when I've stopped process via Task manager and started game again - all game saves were gone!!! I mean save folder was empty! I thought I was f**ed as well, but somehow I managed to find my older game saves this way (well if you don't have any earlier game saves then it might be useful):
    I have windows 7, do search in My computer for Gothic.plc - and you should be able to find few earlier game saves. check it here:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8091/saveyz.jpg

hope this helps
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Rookie

Gills ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    @ Gills:
    §welcome to the forum, newcomer!
    It seems that your last save was corrupted. If you have another saves, try to load previous one. But if you haven't them, then you f***ed yourself really and you MUST start a new game and ALWAYS make saves in the different slots.
    Thank you for your welcome and yeah i f***ed myself . I have some older saves but it`s the loooong way back.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Rookie

Gills ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    it happened to me once, but a bit different story - it crashed for similar reason, and when I've stopped process via Task manager and started game again - all game saves were gone!!! I mean save folder was empty! I thought I was f**ed as well, but somehow I managed to find my older game saves this way (well if you don't have any earlier game saves then it might be useful):
    I have windows 7, do search in My computer for Gothic.plc - and you should be able to find few earlier game saves. check it here:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8091/saveyz.jpg

hope this helps
    Yeah i do have a few .PLC files but what do i do with them ? I mean, the savegame folders are huge with a bunch of .SAV files when the .PLC only has 1kb.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gills Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah i do have a few .PLC files but what do i do with them ? I mean, the savegame folders are huge with a bunch of .SAV files when the .PLC only has 1kb.
    as you see in a pic I posted - they are listed by 'date modified'. choose one of the newest - like in my pic lets say time modified 16:19 (last one is 16:25 as you can see. cause you always overwrite existing your save games), copy it, put in a specific folder of gothic save games - and u might be rescued. try it

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Rookie

Gills ist offline
    Yeah i didn`t saw the time it was created, it was in 2002 , so those are the original compiler files. Well it looks like I`ll have to start from the previous saved game, anyway, thanks for your help man.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

Ratamahatta ist offline
    your welcome mate!
    pity it didn't helped you... anyway - this awesome game is worthy to start over again anyway

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Rookie

Gills ist offline
    Your absolutely right, one of the best series out there.