Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Veteran Avatar von triangles

triangles ist offline

[g3] Transarent walls and heads bug

Hey, every time I use a teleporter stone to a location some of the stuff don't load properly, it can be one or two houses with transparent walls or headless orcs... any idea what might be causing it and how to fix it ?

Oh and I installed CP, QP, and CM.
    Ugghhh... call me the potato man.

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    How much RAM do you have? Sounds to me like it COULD be RAM related, I had similar issues in Skyrim and it turned out to be just that... later patches fixed the memory leaking, though.
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

triangles ist offline
    I have 4 GB

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    This problem is connected not to the RAM quantity, but with a "floating" bug somewhere in the G3 resource management mechanism because of which not all textures of a world part may be loaded sometimes. It is will be fixed by a teleport somewhere far away and a teleport to the initial place - then the game engine will load resources of this part again and you'll can't see any transparent/untextured/flickering objects.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

triangles ist offline
    How do I fix it permanently ?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice Avatar von Demigod

Demigod ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    This problem is connected not to the RAM quantity, but with a "floating" bug somewhere in the G3 resource management mechanism because of which not all textures of a world part may be loaded sometimes. It is will be fixed by a teleport somewhere far away and a teleport to the initial place - then the game engine will load resources of this part again and you'll can't see any transparent/untextured/flickering objects.
    Like Deimus said it is random and there isn`t a fix for it yet... the bug itself is in the core of g3.