Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hi guys, i have big problem with Risen. I don't know, if i will be able to explain my problem in English, but i will try. Well i installed game and when i started new game (i change only resolution on 1366x768) game is really smooth, but after 1-2 minutes is game slower and slower. Just isn't smooth. So i changed settings everything on minimum and still the same problem.

My Notebook is: Intel Core 2 Duo 2,20 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, nVidia Geforce G102M (512 mb)

I try everything, newest drivers or older drivers and nothing. I installed newest PhysX and nothing. I changed prerender in graphic setting on 0. And still nothing.

I am complete disappointed, because Gothic is my hearts affair and i haven't time on Risen until now, and i have this problems. I think, that my PC isn't complete trash and i should be able to play Risen at least on minimum.

Thanks everyone for help, i'm already gave up, this is my last chance.

Kropis
    Kropis ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Try to go to the system control panel and uninstall “NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver xxx.xx” and “NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver xxx.xx”. This is actually the solution for a similar problem with Risen 2 but maybe it'll help with R1 as well.

If that does not help, my best guess would be that the thermal load on your system is too much for the cooling system of your laptop and it starts to throttle down to prevent damage. You might try to monitor the GPU and CPU heat with programs like OpenHardwareMonitor and see if there is a correlation between temperature and slowdowns.

If yes and if the laptop is older and you think you're up to it, you can open the case and try to clean it. Sometimes, dust covers everything inside and acts like a blanket and prevents the fans from reaching their full speed. Sometimes, fans wear down and have to be replaced as well.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Try to go to the system control panel and uninstall “NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver xxx.xx” and “NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver xxx.xx”. This is actually the solution for a similar problem with Risen 2 but maybe it'll help with R1 as well.

If that does not help, my best guess would be that the thermal load on your system is too much for the cooling system of your laptop and it starts to throttle down to prevent damage. You might try to monitor the GPU and CPU heat with programs like OpenHardwareMonitor and see if there is a correlation between temperature and slowdowns.

If yes and if the laptop is older and you think you're up to it, you can open the case and try to clean it. Sometimes, dust covers everything inside and acts like a blanket and prevents the fans from reaching their full speed. Sometimes, fans wear down and have to be replaced as well.
    Oh man, you are God of Risen I uninstall this vision controler driver, the other thing i hadn't here and nothing. So i take vacuum cleaner and i clean exhale of fan and i can't believe this, but it does work. I played half hour and without problem and even with medium settings.

So thank you very much, you save me. I still can't believe this, that this thing can make so big problems.

And of course Risen is awesome, i knew it, it's like to play for the first time Gothic II.

Thanks again and take care, Kropis.
    Kropis ist offline